April Fools: Bobble Heads

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Ok we need an everlasting bobble head tonic

I would love this. This just “feels” so right even though it looks so wrong.

There were items datamined a couple weeks ago with descriptions “Use this potion to give your character a bobblehead-style effect.” and “Use this wand to produce a bobblehead-style effect.”.

I’m still holding out hope for Anet releasing them tomorrow (at least the potion… don’t care too much about the wand which I assume makes other people bobbleheaded). After all it doesn’t make much sense to release today since we already have bobbleheads.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: LavenderGoons.2765

LavenderGoons.2765

So for those of us that have to work and just got home we’re SOL….
Nice.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Absolutely loved the bobble heads. I had so many laughs about it today that i lost count, best april fool joke i ever seen in any game

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

Nice.

They are still active! I just logged on.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Nice.

Yes because Anet has to try to cater to every work schedule for all global players right?

The Burninator

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

No bobble heads for me…

sadness…

all is vain

Posted by: Sir Alymer.3406

Sir Alymer.3406

Not gonna lie, it was funny for the first few hours.

The novelty has since worn off though.

Posted by: chemie banger.9624

chemie banger.9624

Yep The Seraph Soldiers look familiar ???
Are they from a movie or something?

Posted by: Jack the Ripper.8496

Jack the Ripper.8496

The bobble heads weren’t active for me till I went back to character selection and switched characters. Then it worked.

Posted by: Servatus.1956

Servatus.1956

Funny… for a minute…

I like RP and to immerse myself in a good game after work.. I’ll wait until the bobble head effect is gone.

Posted by: Sgloomi.4103

Sgloomi.4103

In short: It was a bit of fun that stopped being fun after a bit, and there was no easy way to stop it after you got sick of it – the mantra of relog-and-it-goes-away hardly ever worked, believe you me.

An NPC, somewhere, where you could go and toggle it, would have solved the problem for everybody. Instead, you got a day of people forced to see Bobbleheads when they didn’t want to, people accusing their requests to make it stop as trying to Ban All Bobbleheads for Everybody – and all in all a hugely toxic and divisive day of flamewar for all concerned.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The male norn dance is pure gold with this update

Attachments:

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

My favorite bobble head – The pink quaggan

Attachments:

Posted by: BlazerellaNine.1026

BlazerellaNine.1026

I laughed so hard! At first, I thought the box of fun I was standing beside at the time, did something to me without me interacting with it. But after I looked around, I realized everyone had huge heads! So funny!!

I haven’t laughed this hard at an ANet April Fool’s joke since I was the mini and of course this…

Attachments:

Blazerella Nine – Human Elementalist
Mercenaries Of Anarchy[MOA] (SBI)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I laughed so hard! At first, I thought the box of fun I was standing beside at the time, did something to me without me interacting with it. But after I looked around, I realized everyone had huge heads! So funny!!

I haven’t laughed this hard at an ANet April Fool’s joke since I was the mini and of course this…

I’m old so anytime someone posts the stick figure prank all I can think of is The Saint.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

WOW – people – lighten up. We play games to have fun!

I think the people complaining about this little prank need a time out from ANY GAMING – JEEZ!!!

Blasphemy!!!.. don’t you realize…. MMO’s are Serious!!!… Players have a right to look the way they set themselves to look, and if the developers change tthem to bobbleheads even for one day….. that is a mandatory right to whine….

“Complainus ergo sum!!!!”

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Nerelith.7360

It just sounds to me as if a very vocal minority, want something taken away, simply because they dislike it. My attitude is, you get Normal play the rest of the year… you can spare one day for those of us, that like this sort of thing.

How the hell would ME being able to turn off seeing Bobble Heads affect YOU in any way?

This seems to be the point that most of the ‘get a sense of humor’ brigade are spectacularly failing to get.

because it is an April fool’s Joke on EVERYONE… and those of us that enjoy it, enjoy seeing EVERYONE be a Bobblehead, and we enjoy that they see themselves as a Bobblehead……

Maybe you guys can also get a Little perspective while you are being a Bobblehead…

see what i did there? Bobblehead…. gets….perspective hahahahahahahaha

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

No bobble heads for me…

sadness…

all is vain

It took a few map switches for it to work for me.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: nibblesalil.3561

nibblesalil.3561

ok i happen to love the bobble heads !!!!! and think you should have a bobble butt and bobble boobs or cod piece as well just because it would be funny so yes i say endless bobble tonic !!!! i would get that this is never gona get old i love it !!!! i love it so much il just stand there shake the head and it wobbles and you LOL cos its funny to see a giant air head move …………. i think this has been done for the people that moan and whine and whinge about thier apperance its been done on purpose and i love it !!! hahaha anet you rock !!

if life is a cabaret old chum ………lets caberet

Nerelith.7360

This is a fundamental power abuse by the Devs; by playing an April Fool’s “joke” on the community, when the community is not able to do so on the Devs.
Poor judgement Devs, very poor judgement.

You know… There’s hating the ability to disable it and there’s going a little too far. Sure, I hate it to, but I would hardly call it power abuse. It is just a little bit of April fools fun for people, which, unfortunately, people who don’t want it don’t have the ability to turn off. Poor judgement? Sure. Power abuse? Hmm… That’s maybe stretching it.

What is an April Fools joke? It is something that you pull on someone to make them look like a fool for either believing something or doing something silly.
So, since this “joke” happens when you log in, the Devs are in effect saying "You Fool! You logged into our game! Hahahahaha!

Poor judgement to pull this kind of “joke” on your players.

Power abuse? Yes, it is. It may not be on the same level as oppression of minorities, as some put it, but it IS still an abuse in an asymmetric power relationship.

dude, Lighten up. THIS is a game. Now you are comp[aring it to oppresed minorities In real life? as a minority, having a Bobblehead to me doesn’t feel anything Like being oppressed.

People have gone off the deep end..assymetric Power relationships Now??? when willl someone compare Anet to Hitler? because…. we ALL Know that’s the next step… and then they lose….

Oh In case you didn’t realize it…I cannot take you seriously anymore…i am laughing my kitten off.

Nerelith.7360

Lame joke, unimaginative, not funny, and took the least amount of effort to implement. If I wanted an MMO to look like this I would be playing one that had Pandas in it. I wish I could disable it, since I can’t, I just won’t play.

Ciao

Can I keep your stuff?

nibblesalil.3561

ok i seriously cannot take this thread seriously i cant its too funny the vain people that cannot take a joke its the town clothes thread all over again anet you do sterling work !!!

i like it a LOT !! go for it !!!

BEST IDEA EVER !!!!

Nerelith.7360

I’ve always had a feeling that many MMO’ers needed to get a sense of humor and go outside once in a while, but this is pretty clear evidence.

Humor is subjective, to say someone needs a sense of humor bc they don’t find funny what you do proves you don’t understand that point.

The fact that you argue this point seriously just proves you cannot take a joke..Lighten up… it’s only one day.

nibblesalil.3561

Micco.2579
Lame joke, unimaginative, not funny, and took the least amount of effort to implement. If I wanted an MMO to look like this I would be playing one that had Pandas in it. I wish I could disable it, since I can’t, I just won’t play.

Ciao

can we have your stuff send it over here we will be happy to take it all off your hands ………….. the door is that away

goodbye goodbye now goodbye waves

nibblesalil.3561

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee thisssssssss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz54W4rPW-k epic !!!!!!

Posted by: skoezi.9472

skoezi.9472

looks amazing

for 1 day! :p

Attachments:

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

I like them at first sight, getting kind of sick of them now, hopefully they go away later tonight. For future events such as this, please add an option to disable it for those of us who don’t enjoy them, while funny for some, it does bother other people.

Posted by: skoezi.9472

skoezi.9472

April fools, are only for the one ho does the jokes the most fun, the one ho takes the joke normaly can laugh about it.
But mostly not so much as the one ho makes it, so there will be no option to put it of that is the joke :p

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

How do we get rid of them? Getting kind of sick of it. It’s april 2nd, comeon.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Laserhog.5049

Laserhog.5049

Wow! Thanks mods for moving my thread to an irrelevant thread where it no longer makes sense. Good job!

nibblesalil.3561

YESS!!! Thank you so much A-Net! Loving the tears of all these people who are crying that can’t take a joke. They are truly the fools.

couldnt say it better myself

nibblesalil.3561

Turn this feckin crap off NOW!

lmao funniest thing i heard all day ……..threats hahahaha this is pathetic

Posted by: Selsi.9675

Selsi.9675

The log out and log back in trick to make it go away has ceased to work for me Q_Q

Girls can be toxic, too! Let me prove it to you!~

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

ive been taking shreenshots of enimies all day this teq head is one of the best XD

Attachments:

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Posted by: chemie banger.9624

chemie banger.9624

Still on.
I recorded battle with The Shatterer as Bobblehead
http://youtu.be/ZVtRGM-S9Os

Was kinda harder to see what was going on :-/

Attachments:

Posted by: Krysin.7103

Krysin.7103

Well it was fun at first, loved it infact but must admit now its just plain annoying, as a Aussie went to bed with plans of making a character today and using my makeover kit on it, but that’s impossible when their head doesnt even show up in the menu because its that big =/

nibblesalil.3561

Personal favorite – Find a moose in game.

Someone share a screenie! Sadly, I’m stuck at work and must enjoy this vicariously through all of you. (Not even sure I’ll even be able to get on tonight to enjoy this!)

Share, share, share!

Moose: http://puu.sh/7S1Gi.jpg

Moa: http://puu.sh/7S1Dw.jpg

Moa is probably my favorite so far.

mooooaaaaaa!!!!! i agree lol

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I was running around Divinity’s Reach today when a giant horned beast on all fours appeared to be charging me from the edge of the screen. Of course because I was in a city I wasn’t prepared for combat and completely spazzed out, blew my full attunement combo on it faster than I have ever done in my life, then realized it was a bobble-headed charr… still scared the friggin’ crap outta me though.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Dragongal.6390

Dragongal.6390

This was the funniest thing I saw today. LOL

Attachments:

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Dat topic merge, I like how the very first page talks about the future of stacking sigils.

Yeah I thought at first the OP did an april fools joke by changing his post and topic to something unrelated, but it was just a weird merger. ;/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: tatong.7892

tatong.7892

… not funny anymore, it’s becoming a nuisance, please stop.

Posted by: CaptRazz.7320

CaptRazz.7320

Some fractal screen shots

Attachments:

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

This is just annoying for PvP, good thing it only lasts a day.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

1&2 ) Frozen maw Shaman
3) Jormag (His head kept going below the surface of the dirt lol)
4) My Guardian in Vigil Keep (flaming sword)

Attachments:

Posted by: kny.3789

kny.3789

the check box is a great idea… IF they plan on keeping the effect in game. otherwise its complete waste of time, effort, and resources that could be better spent on a minipet slot or something. why add superfluous functionality to something that goes in the shredder at the end of the day?

however i am amazed at how many people made sure to complain about something within this small window of relevance. if they really cared about the game you would think they would pick their battles better. or maybe they just dont want us to have nice things.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Just cause… Asura!

Attachments:

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

lol dat mushroom sylvari

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Well then … bob bob bobbling along

Attachments:

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

love the update. Great April Fool’s joke, as usual

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Ummm…. It’s not going on anymore or what?? I just took this pic right now.

?? I was on earlier and everything was bobbly

Oops, forgive me for using Avatar of Melandru, I was using it earlier to see a bobble headed oakheart

Attachments:

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone