April Monthly Achievement too easy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Agathu.1890

Agathu.1890

I completed the new monthly achievement on April 2nd at 10:44 pm MST. Here’s a screenshot. I think the Monthlies should take longer to get. I wasn’t even tring to complete it, I was just playing.

Attachments:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albright (1876 – 1944)

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

The monthly is rather easy to do indeed if you spend a lot of time in WvW. In normal PvE those achievements you did take quite some time more.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Apparently wvw is a good place to farm veterans and events.

I suspect that ANet’s real April Fool is putting 150 audio logs in as a monthly…

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Last months monthly took me I think 3 days of casual PvE? This one is at least a bit harder than that since I have to decide to do 12 jp’s or holy fark how many audio logs?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Dude, if you’re gonna do the monthly in 3 days you’re a hardcore player.

If they make it so that a hardcore player takes 15 days to complete a monthly, then it’s just unfair to the casual.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Granted I think one of those days was a weekend day when I got like 10 or so hours of playtime. Still it’s not really that hard to kill 100 vets or do 100 events in 5-6 hours of just wandering around.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

There’s a small hylek village in Caledon Forest not too far from the dungeon entrance. If you throw the boulders on the ground against a wall, a opens doors into an area chock full of Hylek veterans.

I recommend bringing a friend

Posted by: Roga.3284

Roga.3284

You only completed them because you were doing WVW and Fractles.
So, you inadvertantly were killing vets and completing events.

If you did anything else you would have found the monthly to be difficult.

Delvine
Anvil Rock
[Living Sacrifice]

Posted by: Roga.3284

Roga.3284

Secondly…. they may have made april easier because of people doing the super adventure box and not wanting to split time to do monthly and dailies.

April is about the adventure box, not monthly achievment.

Delvine
Anvil Rock
[Living Sacrifice]

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

they made it so people stop complaining about how difficult is to get laurel and instead start to complain now how easy are to get.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

I completed the new monthly achievement on April 2nd at 10:44 pm MST. Here’s a screenshot. I think the Monthlies should take longer to get. I wasn’t even tring to complete it, I was just playing.

So what? You played a lot in 2 days, congratulations.

For casual players, doing 10 Fractals might span across 2 weeks, not 2 days.

For casual players, participating in 100 events might very well take the whole month.

For casual players, Veteran NPC’s are already hard enough to kill, let alone 100 of them.

All you’re saying is that they’re easy “for you” but not for the rest of the world. Was this thread even needed?

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

they made it so people stop complaining about how difficult is to get laurel and instead start to complain now how easy are to get.

I look forward to when we can complain that there are too many ways to get them too!

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Some people completed it on April 1st.

For me it is hard, because it requires WvW or Fractals ot killing 100 different Sonic listening things. But it will get done.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Can someone explain what Audio Logs are? Does it have to do with the F&F storyline? Cuz I haven’t done anything with that yet.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You did it in a couple of days, congrats, I haven’t. You think it should be harder, I don’t.

Very few people are going to play enough to do it that fast. You are a minority.

@Seras:
You loot a sonic listening device and get an audio log, which you turn in to an NPC with one of those orange basket things over their heads.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

You can please some people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all the time.

Someone ALWAYS complains.

Posted by: Kozai.8269

Kozai.8269

Yeah, 10 Fractals? Between every person in my guild, we have completed a grand total of 3 Fractals, I believe. We’ll have to get a serious move on on the one day a week when we gather to play for 2-3 hours.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

The “Spy on this” is a pain though. Even though I finally figured out how to best work through this one

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I finished the JP part of it last night, and am 3/4 done on the dailies. The rest will take a bit longer but I’ll finish it before the end of the month, probably in WvW.

I like WvW a lot but my support-heavy Guardian doesn’t qualify for a lot of kills. Might even be easier to make a level 1 DD ele and spam AoE in the zerg for the 50.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

stof.9341

Yeah, 10 Fractals? Between every person in my guild, we have completed a grand total of 3 Fractals, I believe. We’ll have to get a serious move on on the one day a week when we gather to play for 2-3 hours.

A single fractal run gives you 3 fractals or 4 if you are on the boss one. It’s REALLY easy to get and very fast.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Easy if you grind dungeons/fractals. Or play wvw. Easy if you only play your 80’s. To me who just does open world, last month’s was much easier considering there was one achievement that never required you to leave Lion’s Arch— finished in a few days. Instead I’m greeted with the tedious sonic periscopes crap or jumping puzzles so I’m just going to follow a wvw zerg train around.

Well, they figured they’d throw wvw users a bone. It’s really not a bad idea as most would rather not go out to pve to do their things.

The annoying thing about the periscopes is that you have to actually turn them in. It should have just been kill 100 of them.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

April’s monthly is a nightmare.

I don’t do WvW or fractals, and I’m not getting credit for jumping puzzles, except the first one I did, so I have no choice but to do the audio logs if I want to complete the monthly.

There is nothing fun about running around all those maps getting audio logs, trust me. If your JP’s are bugged, April’s monthly is nothing but a long chore that will take all month.

Think of the monthly as a nice perk for those who enjoy WvW. You get to complete it in hours/days.

The PvE players, it takes quite a bit longer.

stof.9341

Well, daily/monthly achievements are also meant to push you to try different things. Do the Fractal one. It IS very easy. Maybe you’ll like them ?

Posted by: Delusion.6854

Delusion.6854

everything is easy for no life

digiowl.9620

April’s monthly is a nightmare.

I don’t do WvW or fractals, and I’m not getting credit for jumping puzzles, except the first one I did, so I have no choice but to do the audio logs if I want to complete the monthly.

Make sure you do 12 different JPs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1bjk07/puzzle_jumper_monthly_achievement/

stof.9341

everything is easy for no life

You just need 10 fractals. All it takes is level 1, level 2 and level 3. Even if you somehow fail those easy dungeons, the partial progression you did is still recorded!

It IS easy. It doesn’t take long at all.

Posted by: The Rooster.2615

The Rooster.2615

Why would you post this on the forums?!!!

“Dear Anet, your grind is not grindy enough. Please make it grindier.”

Shhhh. Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along…

Posted by: Kozai.8269

Kozai.8269

A single fractal run gives you 3 fractals or 4 if you are on the boss one. It’s REALLY easy to get and very fast.

The run I was on succeeded on its first one, and failed on the second, multiple team wipes on the boss till several people ran out of time to play and the party disbanded. I think my guildmate had better luck and got through two of them, which is why I give a total of three. Nobody else in the (small) guild has dared to try them yet, as myself and my friend are the only ones with any real enthusiasm for playing “dungeon” level difficulty content. Hopefully we will find a PUG that knows them better this month, and it will be easier.

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

I got like 90% of my veteran monthly from the Ascalonian Fractal, and I finished the jumping puzzle monthly last night (I never want to see some of those ever again, btw).

I suspect that ANet’s real April Fool is putting 150 audio logs in as a monthly…

I totally (somehow) misread that one in-game. YOU NEED 150 OF THOSE?! Okay, kitten that one, then! Pretty much any of the other ones are easier to achieve than that!

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

the fractal are very easy if you know what to do, if you have no idea on how to run it, how to do things even the swamp level can become a nightmare.
if you can do teachrun of fractals it is the best dungeon i played in this game, or at least for my taste.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

digiowl.9620

I got like 90% of my veteran monthly from the Ascalonian Fractal, and I finished the jumping puzzle monthly last night (I never want to see some of those ever again, btw).

I totally (somehow) misread that one in-game. YOU NEED 150 OF THOSE?! Okay, kitten that one, then! Pretty much any of the other ones are easier to achieve than that!

A little trick is that the achievements screen only shows the requirement for the current tier, while the mission list shows the total for all tiers when moused over.

The audio log monthly have 4 tiers that total up to 150 logs recovered and returned.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I’m not doing WvW not FotM and yet, this month is easy even without those but just because is easy for some people don’t mean everyone else have to rush and finish them in one day.
I’m half way of everything but I’m playing the game. I’m not farming events, only doing those in my path. Obviously, I can’t finish 4 dailies in less than 4 days. I killed a lot of vets in a row but only because I was looking for the key in the reactor on Metrica. And while I know where to find several JP, I’m not rushing to those zones to complete them.

So yes, if you play the game as I do, it take just a few days but, I play a lot. And if the monthly was really easy for you is your fault, not mine, not anyone else.
So please, don’t ask for something harder because then you going to rush anyways and finish them in one day and still complaining about how easy was for you and everyone else is going to complain about how hard it is for them.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Worm area in caledon forest has those living oaks. 3 typically spawn in that area fairly frequiently and you also get to work on the plant slayer achievement if you need it.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I’m fine with it.

It is more of a bonus to get and not everyone wants to do everything on that list so some things may take longer depending upon the player.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I think the monthly is fine. Very happy Anet is allowing us to choose which ones to do. Maybe it took you a short time, but it will probably take me a while.

digiowl.9620

Worm area in caledon forest has those living oaks. 3 typically spawn in that area fairly frequiently and you also get to work on the plant slayer achievement if you need it.

Yea, the population of oakhearts will be decimated…

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

“The Monthly doesn’t cater to casuals / forces you into certain content.”

“The Monthly is too easy.”

C’mon guys. Make up your mind.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I have been spending a bit of time in WvW recently and gave it a shot again last night with the monthly in mind. It really is fun – can see why Anet want people to try it out. I completed over half the monthly in just a couple of hours.

Between that and the JP, it’s kind of a cool list of challenges for April. There’s a list of JPs sorted by difficulty over at Dulfy’s site – really helpful:

http://dulfy.net/2012/09/16/gw2-jumping-puzzles-guides-guild-wars-2/

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

For a casual player, this month’s is really easy:

• Kill veterans (You do this everywhere you go and will get it over a month)
  • Do events (You do these everywhere you go and will get it over a month)
  • Do jump puzzles (They have to be UNIQUE jump puzzles, so just do them as you explore zones or do whatever. A level 42 player with only one character in my guild got this one last night just playing the game and doing them when she could)
  • Do your Dailies (Seriously, they’re easy and after 4 of them you get credit for your monthly!)

Really, this is about as friendly as it gets to casual players.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Easy if you grind dungeons/fractals. Or play wvw. Easy if you only play your 80’s. To me who just does open world, last month’s was much easier considering there was one achievement that never required you to leave Lion’s Arch— finished in a few days. Instead I’m greeted with the tedious sonic periscopes crap or jumping puzzles so I’m just going to follow a wvw zerg train around.

Well, they figured they’d throw wvw users a bone. It’s really not a bad idea as most would rather not go out to pve to do their things.

The annoying thing about the periscopes is that you have to actually turn them in. It should have just been kill 100 of them.

You can just do the 3 jump puzzles in LA every few days… no need to leave LA for that one
Yeah the periscopes one is a grind especially as you cant loot the same one when it respawns until reset…. vets is a doddle in PvE or WvW. only one I will likely struggle to do quickly id the Fracs one, simply because I don’t tend to run them all the often.
Then again I am in no hurry to get the monthly in and Waypointing to Diessa to hand periscope logs in takes all of what 30 seconds….

On a side note, I’ve not really been a big WvW player since launch mainly due to the culling and lag issues.. but gees I was surprised just how much better it was since the patch and I was all “I wont hold my breath with the improved system” on these forums.. so thumbs up from me ANET.. its certainly made it so much more fun and getting most of the monthly targets done is all part of the fun again… hope to see something done about PvE soon

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Yes… now letscomplainaboutcatsplz

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

Posted by: Agathu.1890

Agathu.1890

I find it funny when people call me a hardcore player, because hardcore players call me a casual player. I dont have a legendary (not even close), I dont have any dungeon armor, I don’t look up information on my class to play it at its “peak” performance (as noted by the 4 signets I run). Yes I have free time to play right now and MMO’s are my main form of entertainment (I am currently playing 3 GW2, STO, SWTOR).

I wasn’t trying to rush through the achiement. I was just playing the game. I don’t care much for dungeons or fractals and only run them when a guild party is one short and can’t find someone to fill the spot. I played WvW a couple of hours over the three days trying a new class, but I am not in there all the time. I was surprised when I got the monthly done because I hadn’t even looked at it yet since it just started.

Ok, yes I do wish that games weren’t made to be so easy, but I am having a lot of fun in this game anyways. It just seemed to me that this months achievement was easier then the others and wanted to see if others felt the same way.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albright (1876 – 1944)

Posted by: OptimaDane.3025

OptimaDane.3025

You can just do the 3 jump puzzles in LA every few days… no need to leave LA for that one
Yeah the periscopes one is a grind especially as you cant loot the same one when it respawns until reset…. vets is a doddle in PvE or WvW. only one I will likely struggle to do quickly id the Fracs one, simply because I don’t tend to run them all the often.
Then again I am in no hurry to get the monthly in and Waypointing to Diessa to hand periscope logs in takes all of what 30 seconds….

On a side note, I’ve not really been a big WvW player since launch mainly due to the culling and lag issues.. but gees I was surprised just how much better it was since the patch and I was all “I wont hold my breath with the improved system” on these forums.. so thumbs up from me ANET.. its certainly made it so much more fun and getting most of the monthly targets done is all part of the fun again… hope to see something done about PvE soon

Nope, needs to be 12 unique puzzles, accountbound btw so cant get around moving elsewhere for those…

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

I would like to see a Super Duper Monthly that gave 1000 laurels and took so much time to complete that hardcores wouldn’t have time to spare to post complaints about easy content.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Get the other 147 audio logs, the we’ll talk….

You assume everyone plays the same way you do, thats a silly assumption.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I would like to see a Super Duper Monthly that gave 1000 laurels and took so much time to complete that hardcores wouldn’t have time to spare to post complaints about easy content.

The content is easy regardless of whether you’re a casual or hardcore player. The only time the content is hard is if you’re a bad or new player, and has nothing to do with how frequently you play the game beyond that.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Agreed! Steps on how to get it:

1. Do fractals for the 7 fractals or whatever it is, get the veteran slayer as a bonus
2. Go to WvW for the 50 kills (Just AOE into the zerg) and get the events as a bonus…

Its easy

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

WvW for kills.
WvW for events.
WvW for veterans.
Possible WvW for the daily/ you can do fractals or JP.

Current status for my monthly:
50/50 WvW kills.
63/100 event.
3/4 daily.
31/100 vets.

I am not a hardcore player, just know where to be and at the right time. But I mostly play WvW so I know where to be etc.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

“Monthly Completionist – 0/32 Daily Category Complete”.

Unless they make at least one of the options something that is time restricted(like Monthly Completionist) AND require enough of it so that you would need something like a week or two of it then someone is always going to find a way to finish the monthly in the first week if not the first day. Alternatively it could be like the October monthly and require content that gets added only a couple of days before the end of the month.

I don’t think artificial restrictions like that to stretch out the time requirement for the monthly serves any useful purpose.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

“Monthly Completionist – 0/32 Daily Category Complete”.

LMAO, as an added bonus have it be 0/30 but only for February (just to cover the leap year).