Arah is never open

Arah is never open

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

How can i get my Orrian armor if the waypoint is always contested? This needs a fix, pre-fotm this was a cool idea but now, no one bothers with it.

A.net as much as i hate saying this, atleast for dungeons WE NEED A HOTJOIN FUNCTION LIKE WOW.

I usually try to find a group for arah (or other non a.c / cm dungeons) every day then give up after an hour after looking, ive spent at least 8 hours lfg for dungeons like s.e, coh,coe,arah, ta, and have yet to play any of them since i got to a higher level just after fractals was released.

(Im an “alt – kitten” i leveld 5 chars to 50 before i decided on my main)*

(edited by Blissified.8369)

Arah is never open

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Not fotm fault, your server’s. Arah on Underworld is barely ever contested. Btw, if you just look from LA, it’ll show as contested but become available as soon as you port to CS. Dunno why…

Arah is never open

Blissified.8369

But im on Tarnished coast? its known for being really populated and active,
Also im having problems finding a group to even go to Arah,

and this is using gw2lfg.com

Its going to be a NIGHTMARE trying to get ALMOST (mixing and matching) a full set of orrian armor.

Arah is never open

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Join a guild that focuses on dungeons, help others complete their dungeon sets and they will help you complete yours

(you can belong to up to 5 guilds I believe)

Arah is never open

Blissified.8369

I’m in a huge 1000 player guild, they never want to run arah and im in another 2 guilds with 500 people.

People always say join a guild but the guilds usually reflect the larger community which all do fotm or a.c.

Arah is never open

Posted by: Nuwen.8190

Nuwen.8190

I think finding an active dungeon guild(s) is great, but I believe it can be even better to find a small group of people with the same current goal(s) as you. I’m on TC as well, working on Map comp. at the moment, but I’d be willing to help you clear out the WP and run Arah. Aside from that, definitely interested in running some of the other dungeons as well.

Hit me up in game, and if I’m not in WvW I’ll try to help out.

Always be loyal to your Krewe.
Krewe Master Tekk | TC

Arah is never open

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

But im on Tarnished coast? its known for being really populated and active,
Also im having problems finding a group to even go to Arah,

and this is using gw2lfg.com

Its going to be a NIGHTMARE trying to get ALMOST (mixing and matching) a full set of orrian armor.

You are fortunate indeed to be on TC. I had to make two server hops after Lost Shores drained the open world to get to TC. Last night at 12:00-1:00AM on Christmas day I fought my way down to CS on my latest 80 and found a group of 5 that invited me to join. The dungeon gear grind treadmill makes the open world poorer place for it, but I’m still finding a good playing experience on TC.

Arah is never open

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

I am wondering if its a bug or some thing was changed but last night i saw the way point wasnt contested ported into a kitten nightmare. What about half a dozen catapults Champions and half the zombies in Orr isnt contested?

When a way point can be locked down by a spider and 3 spiderlings i doubt this was working as intended.

Might be nice though to be able to use contested way points ( at your own risk armor repairs will not be refunded ) land sprint for the dungeon/node/POI rather than having half a map locked down.

EDIT: just saw this on the dev notes

“Additional Build Notes:

Event

•The gate to Arah in Cursed Shore will now only be closed when events directly in front of it are active."

So be carefull porting in your heading for a face full of Zombie but at least you can get there

Ulfar SOR

(edited by cargan.5689)