Ardent Glorious Legendary Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

I’ve heard that the ardent glorious armor will be upgradable to legendary status on the 8th. And I’m pretty upset about this.

I spent all my ascended shards of glory on just the skin versions and not the actual ascended armor. I have several sets of ascended armor and didn’t need more ascended gear, I just wanted the skins.

Now, in order to acquire legendary armor, I’m going to have to rebuy this armor set all over again. Making everything I just bought pointless. That’s 1200 ascended shards of glory I just wasted. That’s multiple pvp seasons. Had I known that these were becoming legendary or whatnot, I would have spent the little extra on grandmaster marks and buy the actual armor.

It’s like items that could potential be turned into better gear like legendary have a troll version of the item which is just the skin. That the player could buy if they didn’t know or understand it could be upgraded.

Anyone else just get really screwed?

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

(edited by UnitedChaos.8364)

Posted by: Pax.3548

Pax.3548

Do we have confirmation on this? as long as there are no proof or sources that can confirm this info, you’re getting upset on a mere rumor.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Do we have confirmation on this? as long as there are no proof or sources that can confirm this info, you’re getting upset on a mere rumor.

It’s a mystic forge recipe to create the armor so you’ll need the actual armor pieces. Actually, even if it was a crafting recipe, you’d still need the actual armor pieces.

This is also backed up by their statement that reforged PvP armor would not work and they’d have to repurchase them.

UnitedChaos.8364

From what I know it’s legitimate. The last seven seasons I played just took back all their ascended shards of glory.

UnitedChaos.8364

Such a pain especially since they announced that they would not be adding more legendary armor. I guess this was their way around that.

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-PvP-Ascended-Armor-Upgrades here is your proof Im really excited for it but I do feel for everyone that wasted their shards and stuff or flipped their ascended armor stats

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

UnitedChaos.8364

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-PvP-Ascended-Armor-Upgrades here is your proof Im really excited for it but I do feel for everyone that wasted their shards and stuff or flipped their ascended armor stats

Troll items to mess people up.