Are 70 people working on a new expansion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

I need to hear from the horses mouth aka Mike if this team still exist? If so why on earth are you pulling 6 people from working on this expansion and not from the 70.

RP enthusiast

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I believe they said in a different post that they had 60 working on it with an extra 10 working on whatever needed some extra people.

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

well, 5 months for 1 legendary.
i’m guessing he made the decision based on the lack of product that team put out. if they’re making no progress anyway, why not re purpose them?

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I believe they said in a different post that they had 60 working on it with an extra 10 working on whatever needed some extra people.

70 working on the next expac and 30 working on both.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48zlyd/im_mike_obrien_here_with_gw2_dev_team_ama/

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Please note, they’re working on the expac at the moment, but that’s just because they haven’t postponed it indefinitely yet

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Without knowing what their jobs are, it’s pointless to complain about it. A programmer isn’t an artist, nor a writer for example. Those 70 devs could be mainly writers, storyboarders, concept artists, designers, etc. Someone designing new maps isn’t going to be working on legendaries.

But if they really wanted to, surely they could just throw in whatever as the legendary “quest” and be done with it. Coming up with a design that looks and feels legendary should be the hard part. They’re just putting in too much effort when they could simply copy the axe for example, and make it a sword, though I guess there’s the whole economic impact they have to take into account.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

well, 5 months for 1 legendary.
i’m guessing he made the decision based on the lack of product that team put out. if they’re making no progress anyway, why not re purpose them?

Generally if 5 people aren’t able to succeed on a basic project, then you want to figure out how to exit them from the company, not put them on another project that is critical to the company’s success.

On the other hand, if you feel that the 5 people were doing great for being in an impossible situation (in this case: that the issue could have been that it was too hard to setup the collections, given their dependence on events and various economic requirements), then you definitely want to repurpose them from an unlikely-to-succeed endeavor to a critical one.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”