Are Mini's people too?

Are Mini's people too?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chilipadiboy.9340

Chilipadiboy.9340

(Maps are capping faster)

Noticed this very recently. Especially with the teq fail my group had (we never fail. ever. Even during the crit spot bug). Maps were capping way too quickly but physical numbers just weren’t showing. I heard rumours that mini’s were causing maps to cap faster because they count as people. Today I tried asking my group for teq to hide their minis. and WALA magically i could see the physical numbers and therefore victory. Heck I could taxi in one or two more people in. Do’st my eyes deceive me or is this a thing now? Also feature or bug?

Are Mini's people too?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No, minis don’t count toward map population limits. This rumor seemed to recently cropped up as this is the third or fourth thread asking about this in the last week.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Are Mini's people too?

Posted by: Chilipadiboy.9340

Chilipadiboy.9340

Fair enough. I have only done one test so far so it is hard to tell but the result was very shocking in my opinion. If anyone else noticed something like this do reply in the thread with your experience.

No, minis don’t count toward map population limits. This rumor seemed to recently cropped up as this is the third or fourth thread asking about this in the last week.

Are Mini's people too?

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

My guess would be that minis count against the population of people the game renders for you? Maybe there are people you can’t see due to the minis?
Used to happen in WvW a lot (invisible zergs)

I can’t imagine they take an actual player slot on the map.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Are Mini's people too?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I had someone whisper that to me the other week too. That we should hide our minis because they were preventing them from joining the map.

AFAIK minis would be implemented similarly to a backpack … just another object, albeit a scripted one. How that would in any way match the resources needed for a single person does not make any sense.

Are Mini's people too?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

My guess would be that minis count against the population of people the game renders for you? Maybe there are people you can’t see due to the minis?
Used to happen in WvW a lot (invisible zergs)

This was definitely true previously. There were a lot of complaints in regards to minis getting priority in being rendered over players or a player’s own mini.

Are Mini's people too?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The rule is simple, if the player gets rendered, solely based on the Character Model Limit setting which doesn’t count minis, the mini gets rendered unless the server decides to shut off minis due to load. Minis don’t render without their player being rendered. If you aren’t seeing someone in WvW that’s an issue with your CML setting, not minis.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Are Mini's people too?

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

Minis still behave sort of like people. If you didn’t know… They count for “with active pet” effects like rune of the ranger. This was supposed to be fixed with the Rune revamp but it still works /shrugs
It’s a cheap alternative if you don’t want to buy expensive runes, simply have a Mini out all the time.

And yes, that has been tested throughoutly of course. Your damage without the runes and without a mini is about 7% lower compared to having the runes and a mini out… Glorious, glorious ingamebugs…

Are Mini's people too?

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Nah thats silly, they are just clockwork dolls covered in the flesh of newborns.

Are Mini's people too?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Nope, that’s not even possible – remember, once the map is close to the cap limit, all minis will get disabled anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Are Mini's people too?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

(Maps are capping faster)

Noticed this very recently. Especially with the teq fail my group had (we never fail. ever. Even during the crit spot bug). Maps were capping way too quickly but physical numbers just weren’t showing. I heard rumours that mini’s were causing maps to cap faster because they count as people. Today I tried asking my group for teq to hide their minis. and WALA magically i could see the physical numbers and therefore victory. Heck I could taxi in one or two more people in. Do’st my eyes deceive me or is this a thing now? Also feature or bug?

Minis don’t count as players for the purposes of map capping; that counts logged on accounts. Minis might count towards the “character model limit” in your F11/graphics options, which is why you can see more people when people hide their minis.

It is not my experience that maps are “capping faster” or that capped maps have fewer people.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”