Are Other Orrs Empty?

Are Other Orrs Empty?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’ve been reading forum threads about massive zergs killing Champions in Orr.

I’m on FC (NA). The last two days I’ve been on node harvesting runs in Malchor’s and Cursed Shore. Yesterday, there were 5 people doing Dwayna (I made 6). Today, Malchor’s was completely empty. In CS, I saw 3 to 4 of what I assume were bots and 1 or 2 players harvesting nodes in CS. No zergs, no groups of players. Both days, this was during prime server time.

I’m wondering if a lot of servers have a well-populated Orr or if a lot are barren. thanks in advance for satisfying my curiosity.

Are Other Orrs Empty?

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

SoS was dead as last night

Are Other Orrs Empty?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There’s usually one group that is in one place and if you don’t find that group, Orr is pretty barren. But if you do find that group, there’s like 50 people in it. They have it down to a science. They know just where and when champs spawn.

I ran into a zerg today and followed them. They stopped at a place. Someone put down some guild banners, and within 30 seconds of standing there, a champion giant spawned. 15-20 seconds later, the champion giant was dead and I had a chest.

Before that I was running around Orr and it didn’t look very populated to me.

The next guy they ran to from there was all the way under water, a champion giant sea scorpion. Then they used a waypoint and I lost the zerg.

Just because no one is doing a temple event, doesn’t mean Orr is dead. Google how to farm champions in Orr on Youtube, watch the pattern and follow it…then you can see if it’s really dead on your server, or if you’re just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Are Other Orrs Empty?

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

nah i checked all the usual spots , it was dead last night so i guested to where it wasn’t dead

Are Other Orrs Empty?

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Pretty good populated on JQ. You need to wait until the Jubilee is other and the massive Farming Zergs spread out in the open World, then you’ll see much more people.

Are Other Orrs Empty?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There’s usually one group that is in one place and if you don’t find that group, Orr is pretty barren. But if you do find that group, there’s like 50 people in it. They have it down to a science. They know just where and when champs spawn.

I ran into a zerg today and followed them. They stopped at a place. Someone put down some guild banners, and within 30 seconds of standing there, a champion giant spawned. 15-20 seconds later, the champion giant was dead and I had a chest.

The next guy they ran to from there was all the way under water, a champion giant sea scorpion. Then they used a waypoint and I lost the zerg.

Just because no one is doing a temple event, doesn’t mean Orr is dead. Google how to farm champions in Orr on Youtube, watch the pattern and follow it…then you can see if it’s really dead on your server, or if you’re just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I know where the champions are in Orr. I went by most of them, sometimes more than once. I even stayed by some of them for a fairly lengthy period of time. The only one that wasn’t up was the Broodmother in CS — and I’ve seen that one not up plenty of times, whereas others, like the one on Noose Road, were always up. I was in CS almost 1.5 hours.

Since you’ve seen one of these zergs, did they not use map chat at all? Because no one was the whole time I was there.

Are Other Orrs Empty?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I know where the champions are in Orr. I went by most of them, sometimes more than once. I even stayed by some of them for a fairly lengthy period of time. The only one that wasn’t up was the Broodmother in CS — and I’ve seen that one not up plenty of times, whereas others, like the one on Noose Road, were always up. I was in CS almost 1.5 hours.

Since you’ve seen one of these zergs, did they not use map chat at all? Because no one was the whole time I was there.

Yep, they do indeed talk in map chat on TC. And again, I know where all the champions are, but it’s still very easy to miss the zerg if they’re using waypoints.

And they don’t do every champion.

As I said, I was in Orr for 45 minutes and thought it was dead until I happened upon the zerg.

Edit: Also this is just Cursed Shore. No idea if anyone is running Malchor’s Leap or not since I never went there.