Are Starting Areas Still Populated?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: chenDawg.1507

chenDawg.1507

Hi everyone!

I’m coming back to the game after not really playing for more than a couple weeks after release.

Just curious if the starting areas and zones leading up to cap still have a healthy amount of players… or if anyone could recommend a server that still sees a lot of traffic in those areas.

Thanks!

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Starter zones, especially Queensdale, are still buzzing.

High level zones, such as Cursed shore & Frostgorge sound, still fairly populated, mostly due to farming potential & large scale events.

Anywhere in the middle? Completely dead.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: IronPlushy.4256

IronPlushy.4256

Diessa Plateau had plenty of people roaming around, was more common to do events with multiple people than alone.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Depends on what server you’re playing on. Keep in mind even if you’re on a slower server, you can guest to a busier one to play. Solves a lot of problems.

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

High level zones, such as Cursed shore & Frostgorge sound, still fairly populated, mostly due to farming potential & large scale events.

This. Starter zones are perhaps the only real populated places you will see anyone. Good luck anywhere else.

Vayne.8563

This. Starter zones are perhaps the only real populated places you will see anyone. Good luck anywhere else.

If you played the game, you’d know better. You have to excuse, Clay, OP. He feels betrayed by Anet, and he loved Guild Wars 1, and he feels let down, so a good portion of what he says is either opinion stated as fact, or completely unsubstantiated “facts” that have no actual bearing on what’s going on in game.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It really depends on your server and what time you’re playing at. I play on Tarnished Coast, one of the most populated servers, and during “prime time” there’s easily at least 30+ players on any map, even the mid-level ones. Even during evenings Australia-time (which is when I normally play), there’s typically still at least 10 or so players on these same maps. It’s quieter, but if you put out a call for help in the map, you’ll usually get 1 or 2 responses, which is all you need for tougher spots.

I don’t doubt that less populated servers will have less players, so try and get into a High (or even Full) server if you can.

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

If you played the game, you’d know better. You have to excuse, Clay, OP. He feels betrayed by Anet, and he loved Guild Wars 1, and he feels let down, so a good portion of what he says is either opinion stated as fact, or completely unsubstantiated “facts” that have no actual bearing on what’s going on in game.

What’s flissy’s excuse? Everyone that wanders around in dead zones is just hallucinating?

Vayne.8563

What’s flissy’s excuse? Everyone that wanders around in dead zones is just hallucinating?

See the post right above yours.

Not to mention stuff like culling makes it hard to see people and the zones are convuluted enough where you wouldn’t know.

But if you find a profitable event and post it in map chat and link a way point, as I’ve done on numerous occasions in zones I thought were empty, you’d have a team to take down a group event.

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

NSP seems empty, not just in towns but everywhere.. I tried guesting today for the first time, and I have never seen so many people (TC server) on my server as I did on the server I guested.. Kinda makes me question if I made too quick a choice when starting the game.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: chenDawg.1507

chenDawg.1507

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I really appreciate your input!

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Guesting to Tarnished Coast during NA prime times and Jade Quarry during off hours will give you the most players to play with. I do this on all my alts.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

Depending on the Map. Here are my experience on Jade Quarry server

Queensdale and Wayfarer Foothills are very busy, but Charr and Asura starting area has less activity than those two.

Harathi Hinderland is very busy, it has one of the best meta event here.
Sparkfly Fen, Bloodtide Coast are alright.

Iron Marches. Fields of Ruin, Timberline Falls and Lornar’s Pass, these four maps are usually ghost town even on server like Jade Quarry. Stil, you will see guilds doing guild mission here from time to time.

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

Harathi Hinderland is very busy, it has one of the best meta event here.

No kidding. I found the event pushed all the way back to the start (as far as I could tell). I spent the next two hours just driving back the centaurs as I tried to explore the map, the Seraph would just keep pushing forward without a single break. After a couple of camps, more people started to show up and lend a hand until we had a squad (larger than a party, not big enough to call an army) to face of against the Modniir chieftan with.

I couldn’t have asked for a better way to reach level 80, this is what Guildwars 2 is about.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

Posted by: Zorish.2940

Zorish.2940

I’m on Dragonband and it was quite populated, I wasn’t expecting so many people.
There were also many high levels getting new guild mates and stuff.

It was quite nce