Are all the players in the high level zones?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stealth.6971

Stealth.6971

I haven’t played in like a year and decided to play again, but there aren’t many people. I’m only level 24 so maybe it’s because most people are higher levels by so they’re in high level zones?

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

The game is dead, it just has 3 hour queue-time on WvW atm.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The game is alive. Some servers are in pretty rough shape though.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: thomdane.3670

thomdane.3670

Absolutely not. A lot of people are probably in WvW at the moment doing the WvW Season 2 tournament. Plus, look up the new Megaserver concept coming out on the 15th. Will be plenty of people to play with, no matter where you are or time of day : )

I am Eredon Terrace
Order of the Blue Heron [OTBH]
Arathorn Cirdon – Warrior | Ariana Cirdon – Mesmer

Stealth.6971

Read the mega server thing. Hopefully that will solve the issue. I remember back in the day just roaming around, there would always be people on your screen no matter where you are. Now I can look around entire zones and not see a single person

nGumball.1283

Read the mega server thing. Hopefully that will solve the issue. I remember back in the day just roaming around, there would always be people on your screen no matter where you are. Now I can look around entire zones and not see a single person

That’s how all MMOs are in general. In a year most people are already max level and run through speciefic content, like WvW, dungeons, boss runs, world bosses etc. There aren’t too many people leveling up, eventhough you will still find many if you are in the more populated servers. At the end of the day, this is how MMOs work unless it is a massive free to play MMO where new people can join all the time.

On the other hand, the Megaserver is to solve the issue of no-populated areas at specific times. Yes.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

The game isn’t dead, but some servers are busier than others and lots of people congregate in very specific areas.

I just killed three world bosses back to back and there were a ton of people.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

I haven’t played in like a year and decided to play again, but there aren’t many people. I’m only level 24 so maybe it’s because most people are higher levels by so they’re in high level zones?

Well, it definitely is not in as good a shape as it was one year ago, but there are still some people playing it. Even I do play it from time to time now that I have ESO, but mostly for the remainder of my guildies that are still in GW2.
Hope you’ll have great time here!

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

That is problem devs trying to solve now with this Megaserver.You see now people?This is why we need megaservers.Game looks dead the way it looks now.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I get that some ppl like to spend a lot of real life money on GW2 for there shop but there no monthly fee and you can use in game gold in GW2 but there is a monthly fee for the new game and a cash shop (that as far as i know you cant use in game gold to buy thing from it this could make the new game a real P2W).

So GW2 is far from dead even if it may seem to be a times i am not sure if GW2 could ever really die beyond Anet cutting it off. You can always farm in game gold to buy things from the gem store with out harming your wallet and there always something being added to the gem story on-top of non gem story things being added. That the thing about GW2 at the end of the day it CAN be free at all levels to play leaving the players money to buy other new games to play and because of how GW2 is made putting down GW2 for a month will not kill your effectiveness in play when you come back at worst you will just miss some skins.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Moderator)

nGumball.1283

‘’but there are still some people playing it.’’

Wether you play the game or not, GW2 is one of the most lively games in the west, denying that is being a hater more or less.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

At the moment a lot of people are in WvW because the tournament started recently. Queue times for some servers/maps are insane right now.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Lightlord.4752

Lightlord.4752

What the other posters said + now that LA has been destroyed, peeps are spread out to upto 8 or more areas for doing their chores and crafting, banking, Mystic forge etc. So city/town densities have dropped allot.

Posted by: Ellie.5203

Ellie.5203

Alot of people level Alts by crafting, so there is less people levelling on low level Zones, Once you have your main and a bit of gold/materials behind you, you can level your alts pretty quick via crafting (and even faster with all these instant lvl 20 scrolls, and tomes of knowledge) Most low levels maps are visited are the ones with world bosses on them like Behe,Fire Ele,Maw

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• Lower levels are generally both unrewarding and unfun for level 80s.
  • GW2’s population has decreased dramatically from a year ago, hence the upcoming server merges (in the guise of “megaservers”).
  • There’s a WvW “tournament” going right now, but it’s effects are a bit overblown: there are only 4 WvW maps and each holds less than 200 per server… so no more than 600 people per server are being drawn away from PvE — there’s a few more karma training in EoTM. If 600 people make dramatic difference in PvE population, then that’s an indicator the general GW2 population is very low.

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Megaservers are a bandaid. The real problem is that there is no reason to be out in the world other than reset train. They added gold to PvP and got a 40% increase in pop, maybe they should start incentivizing other areas of the game that are dead? I know they are hyper protective of the game economy but an economy for a dead game is just as useless.

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

The game is dead, it just has 3 hour queue-time on WvW atm.

So this guy, the OP hasn’t been playing for a year, he starts playing today. He sees the maps empty, and asks a reasonable question considering his circumstances. And all he gets, all you are able to give him, is a kitten sarcastic answer. GG scumbag

To op, most of the maps are dead, the majority of people are either running Champion farming trains in Queensdale or Frostgorge, do the daily World Bosses, and are in WvW and PvP.
The other maps, don’t have anything nice to offer the the player that wants to get money so they can buy things. You’ll occasionaly find some players on alts that like to explore the maps over and over. But probably most of the population is craving for gold and grinding for ascended stats or skins. Or they’re in WvW/PvP.
Try joining a guild so you won’t be too lonely and hopefully get some tips etc

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Most players are in higher level areas or doing higher level content. Since the game has been out for a few years, most players only visit lower level areas to do a world boss if it appears there.

Stealth.6971

Since there aren’t many people to do difficult quests/random events with, what are the fastest ways to level up? Apparently there’s insane wait times for WvW, so where/how should I level up quick? Before I stopped playing I didn’t play for long enough to learn about world bosses and more advanced stuff so I’m still very much a noob. Any leveling advice you guys may have will be appreciated

EDIT: is this the current world boss location list? (a little down the page)
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/

Posted by: Frenzify.6832

Frenzify.6832

In a word: no. I really have to question what server you’re playing on to believe that so few people the game. Even then, you can see that there are a number of servers that are full and have a very high population. Even if your server has hardly anyone playing that’s not to say that the game is dead as there are other servers that are very much alive.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Players already have so many level 80 character that it’s kind of pointless be in low level zones. Many players probably level in EotM nowadays too.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch