Are ascended items dropping less?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

So when the ascended weapons were first announced. Several people in my guild had one drop in the first couple weeks….Since then, no one. We are playing the same way and the same amount.

Just curious if anyone else noticed that they are falling less often or we just lucky in the beginning? (or unlucky now)

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

Posted by: Warcat.3692

Warcat.3692

random, I think.
I found a weapon-box form a chest 4 days ago for the first time, and I open about 10 chest each day.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I would not know, as I have never had one drop ever and neither as anyone I know in game…

99.99% of GW2 players think ascended weapon drops and precursors a myth, spread around by Anet and a few players, ‘conspiring’ with them…

Hey, don’t shut the messenger, just saying what everyone says ingame chat…

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

How can i get weapons for my 6 characters if drop rate is this bad?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

@ Sean

The phenomenon you’re describing is an artifact of low-chance random number generation coupled with small sample size. You might go months with no one in your circle of acquaintances getting a very rare drop, then see 2 or 3 in one day, then nothing for several months again — or you might never see one at all, which is where I’m sitting.

You are not intended to weapon up via drops. Drops as a secondary means of getting Ascended weapons is designed to point you towards the ANet approved method, crafting, just as Ascended accessories for 40 laurels plus 50 ectos is intended to point you to guild commendations.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

But where is fun if you just craft it?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

There isn’t any, unless you really really really like crafting.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

You get to run around killing lots of stuff while you collect the mats you need to craft it. Then, if you’re really, really lucky, an ascended weapon drops while you’re collecting mats. Then you get to go back to collecting mats to make the ascended weapon in the stat combo you actually want because there’s very little chance that the one that dropped is the one you want.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Because crafting for me is no fun when you have to kill half a forrest and mine more than the 7 dwarfs to get one lousy item? With 8 chars this is going to take me longer than I live.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Maybe you should play each character more or play fewer of them. If all you do in this game is max gear your chars then retire them to play an alt, I don’t really have much sympathy for your difficulty in getting ascended weapons.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Because crafting for me is no fun when you have to kill half a forrest and mine more than the 7 dwarfs to get one lousy item? With 8 chars this is going to take me longer than I live.

Hire the dredge to do your mining…and all those loggers in queensdale to do your chopping…

Maybe you should play each character more or play fewer of them. If all you do in this game is max gear your chars then retire them to play an alt, I don’t really have much sympathy for your difficulty in getting ascended weapons.

So much for GW2 to being alt friendly and so much for the community in GW2…both apparently suck according to the above poster…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Hard for me to figure out if they’re dropping less when I haven’t had 1 drop despite killing teq several times, other world bosses daily and hundreds of WvW castle Lords.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You can’t. The drop rate is set high enough to allow Anet say that they are dropping in the world (and thus are available though multiple avenues), but low enough to make that only a theoretical possibility. Even if you’ll be lucky and get one-two drops eventually, chances are good that they will come in stat sets you have no need for.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

um… I hate to play devil’s advocate here, but why is getting one THAT important?

Don’t get me wrong… if one drops for me, I would be exceedingly pleased, but I would much rather spend my time doing other things than farming for that drop that may or may not ever happen for me.

So, if y’all need anything, I’ll be out there in the world somewhere, doing other things….

Level 80 Elementalist

morrolan.9608

um… I hate to play devil’s advocate here, but why is getting one THAT important?

Don’t get me wrong… if one drops for me, I would be exceedingly pleased, but I would much rather spend my time doing other things than farming for that drop that may or may not ever happen for me.

So, if y’all need anything, I’ll be out there in the world somewhere, doing other things….

Well it is a 10% damage increase which is not to be sneezed at especially for certain modes of the game ie. WvW

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

If everyone can get their ascended from drop. It would be very unfair for the people who spent hundreds gold leveling up their crafting.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

So much for GW2 to being alt friendly and so much for the community in GW2…both apparently suck according to the above poster…

How come I can’t have 10000 alts and deck them out in the best gear possible with only a few hours play time? How unfair! Do you even listen to yourself? Your expectations are completely unreasonable. BTW there is a way to “quickly” gear all your alts with ascended weapons: crafting.

Also, if you so rarely play them that you have little chance of a drop, why do you even care about the puny 6% damage increase?

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

puny 6% damage increase?

It’s 10%, not 6%.

If a person WvW quite often, then that 10% is pretty significant. Someone who primarily PvEs won’t really notice it.

Plus it’s currently BiS. You can say whatever you want about being able to play the game in all rares or exotics, but most people will always want BiS gear.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If everyone can get their ascended from drop. It would be very unfair for the people who spent hundreds gold leveling up their crafting.

I have levelled all my weapon crafts to 300. I still would like those weapon drop chances to be significantly higher and i wouldn’t consider it unfair to me. Prices of raising craft and producing ascended, those are unfair, true, but that doesn’t mean everything else must be unfair as well.

How come I can’t have 10000 alts and deck them out in the best gear possible with only a few hours play time? How unfair!

Strawman much?

BTW there is a way to “quickly” gear all your alts with ascended weapons: crafting.

Only a very tiny sliver of this game’s population would ever call it “quickly”. We don’t have to balance whole game around them. In fact, the game wasn’t supposed to be balanced for them.

Also, if you so rarely play them that you have little chance of a drop, why do you even care about the puny 6% damage increase?

Currently the drop chance is somewhere on the level of a precursor. I don’t know what you’d have to do for it to not be rare, but again, we really shouldn’t balance the game for such tiny, tiny minorities. And 6% increase from only one piece of gear is not minor.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

And how is the current situation fair to people who didn’t buy gold in order to afford crafting? When was a P2W system ever fair?

Anyway, ascended weapons don’t drop. It’s a myth.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

That does not make any sense? Why would I play less or more with one of them? When my char reaches 80 it gets all the best items I can get with the money I have and do wvw with them. With all of them, so it makes no sense to upgrade just one and stick with that. I like all my chars :/

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Anet change drop rate on flight. we noticed it in wvw. after patches the loot and drop rate is going up, after a few day going down. once every 5th heavy loot bag droped t6 matis, now 20/1 or less. i bought bags for 2 silver and made my legendary nearly for free.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

And how is the current situation fair to people who didn’t buy gold in order to afford crafting? When was a P2W system ever fair?

Using real money just to level up crafting is actually a bigger loss in my opinion. It’s like investing $20-30 for some pieces of digital equipments that make you slightly stronger, while the entire game can be purchased for $50. Unless you play only 1-2 hours per week, you should not have problem getting the gold for crafting.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I haven’t seen one yet and I do all 5 Temples/Priests every night, multiple dungeons, and lots of WvW….

Posted by: GoDaddy.5671

GoDaddy.5671

Guildie has had 2 ascended weapon drops, although that was in lvl 48 fractals.

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

First it is not hundreds of gold, second you don’t need to buy gems/gold to be able to afford everything from gem shop.

OFC unless you spend more time on forums than the actual game…

I have a legendary and 2 ascended weapons and never spent a single dollar for gems. I do not live in this game also. Possible? Possible!

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I would not know, as I have never had one drop ever and neither as anyone I know in game…

99.99% of GW2 players think ascended weapon drops and precursors a myth, spread around by Anet and a few players, ‘conspiring’ with them…

Hey, don’t shut the messenger, just saying what everyone says ingame chat…

Ascended?? I wish, heck I can barely rememeber my last exotic being dropped—as for a precursor—nada. They are all myths from my experiences.

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

By that mentality we should have never gotten rid of slavery because it is unfair to give some people their freedom and liberty when other died while still being a slave.

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

Hire the dredge to do your mining…and all those loggers in queensdale to do your chopping…

It’s not alt friendly if you insist that you must have ascended weapons on your characters. It is alt friendly if you, like me, don’t give a rat’s kitten about ascended weapons because you would rather play the game and have fun.

morrolan.9608

I have a legendary and 2 ascended weapons and never spent a single dollar for gems. I do not live in this game also. Possible? Possible!

No just lucky.

Jade Quarry [SoX]