Are champs any better?

Are champs any better?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Lots of hoopla over the last change and how champions were now supposed to drop special loot and all that, but every time I run through ….just about any zone, lots of the same champs are still there.

I haven’t really been involved with taking any of them down, but I’m guessing that Arenanet was just twisting words with the new change?

What are people experiencing?
Is it worth it to kill them now, or not?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Are champs any better?

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

Orr and Queensdale are absolutely full of zergs farming champs. Yes, it’s worth it to kill them.

Are champs any better?

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

The highest price for one of the new champ exotics is about 300 gold right now. It’s worth it. I was wandering around Queensdale today doing balloons and came across the spider champ. People were camping it Everquest style. It was awesome

Are champs any better?

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I noticed today, when I killed the champ spider in Queensdale, I only got a chest on the first kill. Does that mean you only have a shot at the new champ weapons on the spider once per day?

Are champs any better?

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

You get a bag every time you kill a champion. So far, each of my bags have contained karma (drips), a random green/rare, t5 mats, a t6 mat, lodestones/cores/slivers/etc., or a skill point. While not awesome, it’s far far far far better than what it used to be. You can also get exotic things, including the new skins, if you’re lucky.

Totally worth the hassle of killing champions now.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

Are champs any better?

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification!

Are champs any better?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Not really if you like Gauntlet tickets and many green items then yes, outside of that no its still terrible RNG and mostly trash rewards.

Should have been guaranteed t6 and lodestones imo.

Are champs any better?

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

Not really if you like Gauntlet tickets and many green items then yes, outside of that no its still terrible RNG and mostly trash rewards.

IT WAS!!! .. T6 and lodestones or cores.. BUT! they quickly passed through some updated to Nerf it back to T5+T6+junk and then nerf it again to Normal, Rare, Exotic bags lol

They were ALL exotic.. before the nerfs people were going CRAZY for them and T6 mats HALFED on the TP

Also there were on average 50 Champs ( mostly Champion centaurs ) in the arena .. now hardly any.

(edited by VidGhost.3215)

Are champs any better?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Worth killing? Yes.
Worth soloing? No.

Are champs any better?

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

You get a bag every time you kill a champion. So far, each of my bags have contained karma (drips), a random green/rare, t5 mats, a t6 mat, lodestones/cores/slivers/etc., or a skill point. While not awesome, it’s far far far far better than what it used to be. You can also get exotic things, including the new skins, if you’re lucky.

Totally worth the hassle of killing champions now.

do exotic skins drop from the champion itself or come from exotic grade lootbags?
any answer on this i would appreciate. I did get a Crystal guardian exotic but i dont remember if it dropped from champion or from the lootbag that the champion dropped.

Are champs any better?

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

IT WAS!!! .. T6 and lodestones or cores.. BUT! they quickly passed through some updated to Nerf it back to T5+T6+junk and then nerf it again to Normal, Rare, Exotic bags lol

They were ALL exotic.. before the nerfs people were going CRAZY for them and T6 mats HALFED on the TP

Also there were on average 50 Champs ( mostly Champion centaurs ) in the arena .. now hardly any.

Somehow I am not surprised that this was the gimmick Anet would use for this patch. Make it seem amazing, then nerf the crap out of it. Make a change to loot, let the word get out “Anet brought loot back, come play again!”, then revert back to garbage.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Are champs any better?

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

The highest price for one of the new champ exotics is about 300 gold right now. It’s worth it. I was wandering around Queensdale today doing balloons and came across the spider champ. People were camping it Everquest style. It was awesome

/yell Camp check!

Xobartik: “fbss”

Are champs any better?

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

^This… it’s just another powerball lottery and those people who are farming them will start to dwindle soon enough (except in Queensdale where they were doing this 24/7 even before Champs dropped Coffers/backpacks)

This I disagree with….
Guaranteed Lodestones or even Cores is way too much. But guaranteed Slivers and Shards that could be crafted into Cores & Lodes wouldn’t be asking too much. And to improve Story-Dungeon participation, they could have “Binding Agents” randomly pop from those Chests. (and the champs guarding them). Infact ALL dungeon Elite trash mobs could also stand to have their Tables improved as well with more crafting stuff like Elonian Wine, Thread, and (very rarely:) Runes of Holding.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Are champs any better?

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

.. spider camp. People were camping it Everquest style. It was awesome

LMAO!
I usually had to solo the kitten thing as everybody else zerged on to the stupid ENT!

I wonder what other tricks she does now.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)