Are infusions worth it?

Are infusions worth it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elias.3204

Elias.3204

I’ve finally started getting ascended gear on my level 80s. It’s taken me time, and a whole lot of gold. Now, I’m looking at infusions.

It seems awfully expensive for only a +5 stat increase. Am I missing something? Are infusions worth their high cost?

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

No, no they are not.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

You can make +10 Infusions from the Mystic Forge if I remember right which also give some extra Agony Resistance. I think only then are they really worth bothering with. Sure you could get a bit more magic find for one of them as well.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you have to ask, you can’t afford stat-increasing infusions.

If you had 10,000,000,000 gold, then sure, you might as well get that tiny fractional benefit — you’d have plenty to spend on other stuff. Similarly, I know dungeon speed runners, dungeon soloists, and WvW players (mostly roamers) who want to squeeze out every last bit of efficiency they can.

However, for 99% of the community, the cost outweighs the benefits.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I put +15% karma on an amulet I share among my chars. As to the +5, it’s additive so +20 for the amulets and weapons and +10 of a defensive stat. If you have ascended armor, that’s an additional +30 stat points. It’s not a huge amount, no, but it’s not nothing either.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

If you have extra laurels/honor/etc and don’t need anymore ascended rings/trinkets then sure, otherwise its not something to really worry about unless you plan on doing higher level fractals.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

As someone who’s made A LOT of ascended gear + weps with infusions (Mighty, Malign, the toughness and also vitality ones) I really don’t think it’s worth it… Unless you’re one of those full on min max types and wish to test the absolute “best” gear out.

I even went and made Versatile (for the first time ever) Malign infusions…. I’m still debating whether or not I regret that because I basically could’ve just bought a Legendary with the ridiculous amount it costs to make Versatile ones.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

The ones you can buy with 75 fractal relics from the golem vendor are good enough. Just buy food if you really want the stat boost. This is what arenanet should clear up on their next update for the fractals. I was under the impression I had to buy these overpriced infusions to be able to play fractals above level 10. Those things are more of an extravagance, rather than a necessity. But if you really have the gold, why not? I mean, if you have 8,000 gold, surely you can buy that ~65 gold per infusion FOR A kittenING +5 POWER INCREASE kittenING BULLkitten!

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

only if you’re going for high scale fractals.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ve found the basic ones sold from the laurel merchant to be more than enough.

Gone to Reddit.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I would say ‘yeah sure totally go for it’, but from the latest news regarding fractal updates it seems we’ll be getting newer infusions with higher stats that the current expensive +5 variety. So I’d personally wait and see, safe my mats.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Pretty much this, or if you’re doing high-end fractals, the +5 AR (agony resist) ones from BUY-4373 in the fractal lobby are pretty cheap. I’m doing level 50 fractals, and most of my AR comes from these beauties, til I can get something better.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I would say ‘yeah sure totally go for it’, but from the latest news regarding fractal updates it seems we’ll be getting newer infusions with higher stats that the current expensive +5 variety. So I’d personally wait and see, safe my mats.

Very much this.

Ultimately, it also depends on your build.

A full set of infusions on armor, weapons, and accessories, nets the possibility of +70 total points to a stat/stats. For power, It’s roughly the equivalent to walking around with a permanent two stacks of might, or in the case of other stats, almost 4% crit chance, 700 HP 6.67% crit damage, etc. It’s a minor bonus, but it can be impactful.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Better than hoarding gold for no reason.

Depends if you have anything better to spend gold on.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I’ve been taken all the way down to two remaining points of health in several fights. Were those infusions worth it? You better believe that they were.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I’ve finally started getting ascended gear on my level 80s. It’s taken me time, and a whole lot of gold. Now, I’m looking at infusions.

It seems awfully expensive for only a +5 stat increase. Am I missing something? Are infusions worth their high cost?

depends what you do and how much you want to optimize. personally, i have a couple full sets of ascended across my toons with all WvW and all agony resistance respectively for each of their purpose. i like it and definitely notice the difference. its slight, but noticable.

thing you need to keep in mind, is that when you put an infusion into a piece, you basically can never change stats on it anymore cause infusions get destroyed and they may not be worth destroying. or use/buy the upgrade removers, which i do not think is worth it. only thing in game i use those for is sigils of generosity.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Those also cost 5 laurels each, which translates roughly to 5 gold. If you have money to burn, then as I posted above, sure, spend your laurels on these — you might as well get the minor stat boost. For me, however, I’d rather spend on other things — +5 power isn’t going to matter much, since I don’t do speed runs or solo a lot of dungeons.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I do use WvW infusions as the reduced damage from Lords is substantial. Precision can be worth it to round up to a whole number. Say if you were at 49.2%, I’d put in some precision to hit 50%. Now if there was infusions for things like Boon Duration, Magic Find, Condi Duration, etc, those would be so worth it to me. Hot swappable Infusions would be a killer addition to the game. The gear grind / gold sink of equipment really took away from customizing.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Hubal.8571

Hubal.8571

I suppose for high level fractals the agony resistance might make real difference. For me, since I never liked/played fractals much I put on the WvW ones.
Not for the +stat which is basically useless, but rather for the bonus against guards/lords. It makes noticeable difference for example when soloing camp.
But that’s exactly it – it’s enough of a difference to notice – if you equip like 5 of them.

Are infusions worth it?

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Those infusions only go on infused rings and backpack anyway.

Otherwise buy the +5 from frac menu.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!