Are respawn rates being worked on?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Q:

This keeps coming up and I haven’t seen any official word on it. In areas like Lornar Pass and the Dredgehaunt Cliffs the respawn rates are so out of control I can get stuck into an endless rotation of killing the same 3-4 creatures unless I flee an area. This makes it absurdly difficult to hit some of the POI’s or Chests … or even just go exploring. Is this being looked at? Is a fix coming?

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: MikeFerguson.8921

MikeFerguson.8921

A:

We are trying to adjust respawn rates in areas where the non event related respawns are just too fast. We know it can be a problem and we’ve already slowed down some spawns, but we also know there are more areas out there we need to look at.

If we know the map area and creature(s) involved we can usually find the spawns pretty quickly, so if you know of problem spots please give us as much information as you can and we’ll look into the spawns in those areas whenever we get a chance. Thanks!

Posted by: Zefram.8945

Zefram.8945

I hope so, because besides it’s annoying it also scews any form of immersion as it seems not to reward any actions and effort if a Champion Event where you have to clear an area (example: The Centauren Event in Harathi Hinterlands) is almost reset before you can get out of that zone.

It’s like doing all for nothing.

I don’t care about farmingrates, droprates and stuff. I just want to PLAY that game again, dive into and get the feeling of beeing a part in the evolution of Tyria.

I kind a had this feeling from the very beginning to L40-50, then the whole personal story broke into pieces, the scripting and quest events went disturbingly odd somehow. Mostly because of such reasons like stupid “in youre face respawns”, bugged events, strangly misfitting behavior of NPC’s and stuff.

Now, i am a cute little female Asura’n Elementalist (L75), who starts to doubt in the Eternal Alchemy and being a bit sad about the progress in Tyria.

My theory is that DJinn of a bookah, Zomorros is useing dark energy for his mystic forge. Causing heavy disturbance and causal fluctuations all over the world.
Possibly he’s working with the Inquest and try to take over Tyria.
I don’t have a proof, but my krewe is working hard on it.

:-)

Excelsior, my foolish friends.

Truth is the average of all points of view.

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

@Above.

“I am Elementalist”. That’s why.

Elementalists were not made with such low DPS that mobs repop in their face, but then they got nerfed with a nuclear bomb.

If you did the same content with any other class you’d not have this issue.
I certainly don’t have it when I play my warrior or ranger (and necro, figures!).

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

it only get worse as you progress i probably used 30 silver just to use the waypoints in the orr because i couldn’t run past mobs.

Posted by: Yenkin.5410

Yenkin.5410

I don’t find it an issue on my ranger, with a Long Bow, two Traps and a hatchet/torch secondary, AOE damage can take 4 mobs down easy while kiting.

Posted by: velaxun.9856

velaxun.9856

Level 45 Mesmer and I have noticed at times that I do seem to get stuck in infinite respawns. Especially in the Hinterlands and some caves. Though usually I can pull through and get out, it’s still annoying as heck trying to deal with all the mobs some times.

Posted by: Flennel.9524

Flennel.9524

It starts as early as level 15 areas. I haven’t had a problem on my warrior because everything dies in at most 5 seconds. But doing the same area as mesmer, where it takes about 10-15 seconds per mob (with very limited AoE) it gets frustrating.

The wall climbing puzzle has a small area with bunch of ghosts. I pull first one, kill it. Then pull two (because they are too close together). The moment last of them dies the first one pops up. I tried to do it at least 4 times in a row trying to advance with no effect. The only way to continue was to ignore them and run through until they reset.

A small separatist camp near the wall has a POI inside. Walk in, pull a mob near the POI and while kiting him 4 bandits respawn instantly around me (had to run away). The was a warrior that visited the area just in front of me, I guess he AoE cleared them just before me.

An event of separatists sieging a logging camp. A pull of two separatists ended up life and death chain spawning session that ended up with at least 3 waves of (non-DE) mobs spawning and joining the fray. So that means on cleared area I pull two mobs, three spawn mid fight, then while I kite all of them and kill one by one, the dead ones keep spawning and aggroing. And I could not really pull them out of that spawn area because they’d either reset or I pull some other camp of mobs.

TLDR: In certain areas respawn rate is targeted around any fight lasting about 5 seconds. Anything longer that that becomes an impassable area.

They should start respawn ticks after the area had no fights around it, not after the mob dies.

Jack of Tears.9458

If we know the map area and creature(s) involved we can usually find the spawns pretty quickly, so if you know of problem spots please give us as much information as you can and we’ll look into the spawns in those areas whenever we get a chance. Thanks!

Should we use the in game bug reporting system for this, then?

Posted by: Barbarka.9362

Barbarka.9362

Why would you change this? This makes it so grouping is more necessary.

Jack of Tears.9458

>>Why would you change this? This makes it so grouping is more necessary.<<

The parts of the game between Dynamic Events, Daily Events, Boss Spawns, and the like are supposed to be solo friendly – that’s why the game supports the flash mob mechanic so well … you can run around alone for the exploration if you want, then meet up with others for the big stuff. But some areas in the game make exploration alone ludicrous, you spend so much time running from the ridiculous respawns that you don’t get to actually experience the world itself; and I’m pretty sure that’s not the intention the designers had. I don’t want to be able to solo DE’s or Champion spawns meant to be fought by groups, but I do want to be able to see the world, the vistas and the points of interest. (making it difficult to get to a Vista, POI, Whathaveyou is fine, but I shouldn’t have to kill the same mobs over and over to do it)

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

The respawn rate is extremely high….IF you are an Ele.

I think it is an ele thing tbh. I love Ele and it will always be my main but between BWE2 and BWE3 Anet kittened the crap out of them. Mesmers kind of have the same problem but I think that is due to them being the last profession added and therefore they need a lot more balancing.

Here is an anecdote from what I have seen as a level 80 Ele in Cursed Shore: There is a skill point there that is within a maze that I needed, so rather than fight all the mobs on the way, of which there are a ton, I chose to run because the respawn rate would get to me eventually… I get there and there are like 3 mobs on me and the boss for the skill point is standing there in it’s event already but no one is there. I try clearing the mobs but as an Ele 3 mobs is waaaaaaaaay too much and I end up dying. Well, I just lay there because this skill point is kind of a pain in the butt to get to so I hope someone comes along. Lo and behold here comes a Guardian screaming in with 3 more mobs on him he had about half his health left when he got there and then proceeds to DECIMATE all the mobs, all freaking 6 of them, while fending off the boss. He un-aggros the boss and rezzes me and I mentioned to him that what he did was insane, and he says to me, “yeah, Guardians are so OP. lol”

Really, the respawn rate is kind of insane (looking at you too, dredge), but I think some of it is that the later areas are just so untuned that everything still needs a ton of balancing.

Wrekks/Wrekts

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Personally I have been facing the same issues: I can plan smart enough, I’m used to kiting from playing a WoW hunter since Vanilla (for what that’s worth…).
But in the end I simply have no room to kite, or time to work out a plan… simply because the normal mobs respawned so fast I’m floaded anyhow.

I don’t mind fighting the veteran, I am actually looking forward to it :}
But when i can’t clear any room to fight, simply because ‘clearing’ is not happening because of respawn rate, than the fun is diminishing fast.

The mid level zones just aren’t floaded with players all the time.
And no: I don’t think I should be asking for help in /map everytime I encounter a veteran mob r some place full of enemy npc’s…
For events sure, but not for what I consider ‘normal’ solo stuff.

And yes: it all can be solved simply by that respawn rate, the kiting and planning we’ll work out ourselves.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Jack of Tears.9458

The respawn rate is extremely high….IF you are an Ele.

I’m having these problems and I play a Thief, so it isn’ just the Elementalist what’s getting the boot in the eyes.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Ya this is getting out of control there are not enough people playing anymore especially in the low areas and i turn around and get killed by something i just killed.
It is frustrating and irritating beyond belief.
If you have to kite a veteran for some reason forget it because those you killed getting to him are rezed and attacking you. I am a thief (have an 80eng).I enjoy hard content but come on at least give me a chance to do it.
And with the empty zones the DE cant be done and the skill point that require more than 1 person you skip now.
Add this in with DR, Bots,Hacks and Bugs what is the point of playing anymore?

Jack of Tears.9458

Nark … I’d say look for a server with a higher number of people, maybe? I don’t have THAT much trouble finding people when I play … and I play late at night. I feel for ya, though.

Bots and Hacks – every game has to deal with those. Bugs, every game again, and they’re being worked on – the game is a month old and had a better launch than any other MMO I’ve played … and I’ve played a lot of them at launch.

DR? Doesn’t effect me, so no opinion.

Posted by: Vlaxitov.5693

Vlaxitov.5693

Why would you change this? This makes it so grouping is more necessary.

Why would you advocate for any game to be totally devoid of any soloable end of game content?

BTW, in orr its a combination of layout, mob density, and respawns. As an 80 engineer I feel like I need a group at all times anymore and its getting frustrating. I’ve felt less tense in the open world on a pvp server being stalked by a stealthing ganker than in some areas I’ve experienced in orr so far.

(edited by Vlaxitov.5693)

Kimbald.2697

Grouping should be stimulated but NOT made necessary.
So I don’t swallow the argument of respawn timers being good to get you to group up.

At the end of the day any MMO should still be playable alone.
At least in the leveling part, of course not in the superior dungeon stuff.

Yes it will all take longer, yes you’ll die more, yes you’ll have to be more carefull…
But no: it should not be impossible just because the mob you just killed spawns behind your back as you encounter the next in line.

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Why the focus on eles? I’m an 80 ele and can solo pretty much anything. Did 100% Orr completion solo (except the temples, obviously) – that means all 3 of the zones. I have no problem clearing things fast. You have 16 skills to use, cycle through them, pop your utils on cooldown and use earth elemental to tank for you. I can chain blinds, maintain ~20 stacks of bleed (at >130/stack) and inflict burning. Mobs melt.

ETA: Also, prior to my zone clears, my guild was running events in cursed shore, while I only had Straits of Devastation unlocked (about as far as the Viziers Tower) – So I ran through the rest of the zone and through Malchor’s. Easy, no deaths. Just learn to play your class.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

(edited by Atrophied.8725)

Posted by: Khyron.8735

Khyron.8735

It can be a problem in some areas and in others it’s just amusing. A certain hut in the Hinterlands for example. I was playing an Asura engineer, set up all my turrets and watched as a Son of Svanir would pop, run up and get killed and not 10 seconds later, another one comes running up in a forever cycle. It could easily be abused as a farming spot and it’s not just there. These places are all over where the spawns are absurdly short. Dredge forts are a big offender of this.

Ad majorem gloriam! Ad infinitum!

Vlaxitov.5693

Atrophied.8725

So I ran through the rest of the zone and through Malchor’s. Easy, no deaths. Just learn to play your class.

I’m calling you on this. Theres no way you Malchor’s map 100% solo with zero deaths.

You might have not been in an actual group, but you had to have run some of it alongside other players.

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

If right after you kill a few mobs, then look behind you and they’re already back...the spawn rate is waaaaaay too fast.

Maybe if there are loads of players, a spawn rate can be that high, but if theres no one else around, it’s completely out of whack. You shouldn’t have to even think about a mob you just killed literally spawning back before a fight ends, because 2 others spawned mid fight.

I’ve only noticed this being a problem in the 70+ lvl zones. Sorry but plenty of other MMos never had problems with spawn rates except in dungeons. It was never really an issue in the last few I’ve played. N sure why it’s an issue here. Just seems like a case of developers never actually playing in the zones, since you’d know in about 5 minutes that something was very wrong.

Posted by: blubb.4250

blubb.4250

Level 80 Minion Master here; did my 100% completion thing without any real complications. I was usually able to run through a crouded area with them ridiculous respawns.

I see how it causes problems for other classes, though.

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

The worst spot I’ve encountered so far is the Temple of Lyssa skill point in Malchor’s Leap. You open/uncontest it through a series of dynamic events. However, once that is done at least on my server there was ~20 normal overleveled mobs with me just soloing it surrounding the area, then on the podium with the skill point there were 3-4 overleveled veteran mesmers.

Keep in mind, you’re doing this while being shot at by 4 catapults, so trying not to aggro them is basically a lost cause. I tried taking out the catapults but by the time I even reached the normal mobs one had already respawned.

Long story short I got the normal mobs down by doing “death runs” from the waypoint near there then running on top of the podium and taking on the veteran mesmers. Unfortunately those things respawn super fast as well. How fast? A (very unfortunate) thief took the waypoint and was going to afk for a couple minutes instead and got killed by the normal mobs while I was getting the last of them down (before they respawned again), so he jumped up to help me on the podium with the veteran mesmers. Another long story short: At one point I was tanking 7 of them (not lying, even though they weren’t dead they were respawning) because they were respawning so fast – even a death run from the waypoint wouldn’t have worked without spawning more. I think when all was said and done we had to take down 15+ veteran mesmers before being able to fully channel that skill point.

Some kind of bug revolving around the dynamic event maybe. However, even the respawn time on the catapults are silly (as if the hitbox issues weren’t bad enough, also I found it is possible to get trapped inside one of them using a leap skill… that was not fun (had to waypoint out)). Anyway, exotic Power+Vitality+Toughness gear and crests for the win.

Posted by: vox.5019

vox.5019

If anything the respawn rates should be raised, I mean as long as I’m going to have to compete with bots that aren’t burdened by having to actually travel between the mobs then I think it’s only fair so that I get a shot at tagging some loot myself.

This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and
who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for
another 5 or 10 years? -Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

Anywhere there are ghosts. PLEASE take a look at this. A great example is the area around the “Grendich Ruins” point of interest in Diessa Plateau. The ghosts literally spawn so quickly and the cannons and trebuchets rebuild so insanely fast that it is impossible for a group of three or less people to have any impact on the area whatsoever. Complicating the matter is the fact that the ghosts all come in packs of 2-5(!) at a time and use very power abilities that mimic player abilities in their effects and strength.

This is quite literally one of the most frustrating areas in the game, but it is only an example of the many, many areas where the ghosts are on ONE MINUTE respawn timers permanently, regardless of the number of people in the area.

There should never, in any instance other than a dynamic event, be an open-world area with respawn timers less than five minutes when a single player or a small group is in the area unless the enemy density is very low.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

“Level 80 Minion Master here; did my 100% completion thing without any real complications. I was usually able to run through a crouded area with them ridiculous respawns.
I see how it causes problems for other classes, though.”

You think running through a zone with a train is working as intended? I know that tactic as well and as long as mobs don’t have any sort of root, you can outrun them for the most part. But is that by design? I sure as kitten hope not.

Kimbald.2697

If anything the respawn rates should be raised, I mean as long as I’m going to have to compete with bots that aren’t burdened by having to actually travel between the mobs then I think it’s only fair so that I get a shot at tagging some loot myself.

botting seems to be a real big issue here, so I partially understand what you’re saying.
But I really don’t think the respawn rates are the answer to that. It’s just ruining the fun for players out in the world alone.

I’m not talking events, but if I encounter this one veteran for example, I don’t want to be forced to call for help just to tackle him. On the contrary: it is fun for me to go at him alone!
All I ask is: give me the time to clear the mobs around him first, without them jumping in my back the minute after I killed them…

Botting needs other measures, of which I only really believe in one, the most expensive one for a game designer:
manually removing them…

Jack of Tears.9458

>>I get locked in an infinite loop of kill/respawn quite often. Sometimes it is cool though.<<

Sometimes it’s fun to see if you can kill them fast enough, when you’re bored or have nothin’ better to do; but usually it’s just frustrating.

>>Any plans for tonight lady? Got a boyfriend or an affair?<<

Oh, I would, but I’m gonna be washing my character’s hair. ;P

Vlaxitov.5693

blubb.4250

Level 80 Minion Master here; did my 100% completion thing without any real complications. I was usually able to run through a crouded area with them ridiculous respawns.

So in otherwords, as long as you kept running for your life while your half dozen minions kept aggro you “usually” didn’t die.

(edited by Vlaxitov.5693)

Vlaxitov.5693

botting seems to be a real big issue here

Botting seems to be a real big issue for a real small demographic.

Most people either hardly see it or can’t be bothered.

Posted by: SithRose.9618

SithRose.9618

Anywhere there are ghosts. PLEASE take a look at this. A great example is the area around the “Grendich Ruins” point of interest in Diessa Plateau. The ghosts literally spawn so quickly and the cannons and trebuchets rebuild so insanely fast that it is impossible for a group of three or less people to have any impact on the area whatsoever. Complicating the matter is the fact that the ghosts all come in packs of 2-5(!) at a time and use very power abilities that mimic player abilities in their effects and strength.

This is quite literally one of the most frustrating areas in the game, but it is only an example of the many, many areas where the ghosts are on ONE MINUTE respawn timers permanently, regardless of the number of people in the area.

There should never, in any instance other than a dynamic event, be an open-world area with respawn timers less than five minutes when a single player or a small group is in the area unless the enemy density is very low.

COMPLETELY agree. 3/4ths of the Diessa Plateau has extreme respawn rate issues. The Breached Wall ghosts have a respawn rate of 30 seconds, making that skill point and vista nearly impossible to reach. (You cannot make the jumps while at combat speed – being in combat reduces your run speed.) The Blasted Moors are the same, making that heart extremely hard to get. (For reference, I did that heart at level 20 with all green items on a rogue and STILL had a hard time with respawn rates.) The Ruins of Oldgate also has the same respawn time problem.

At this point, I am unable to complete the Breached Wall skill point or vista on my level 20 elementalist because the ghosts are respawning within 30 seconds of entering combat. Not of the time the ghost dies. The time the ghost enters combat with a player. (I timed it. I’m not killing them slowly. They’re spawning a second one IN THE SAME PLACE while I’m still fighting the first one, and it takes me less than 20 seconds to kill a single level 20 ghost.)

It feels like the entire Diessa Plateau is hard mode, with extremely fast respawns nearly everywhere in the zone, but it’s especially bad with ALL of the ghosts in the zone.

Kimbald.2697

I’m in Diessa Plateau too at the moment, glad it wasn’t just my imagination.
been called a liar on these forums for saying I found it too hard by myself and not having enough other players around…

I changed servers halfway through Diessa, and now it’s a bit better but still almost impossible at times.

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

This is one of the few gripes I have with the game. Good to see they are looking into it.

Also some events are respawning too fast.

Posted by: Varielle.9074

Varielle.9074

I’m sorry but alot of areas’ respawn are kinda wonky (if wonky is even a word). I was in Caledon Forest and the nightmare court just kept spawning on me. One after the other! This happens in plains of Ashford as well (charr starter area / former ascalon).

Posted by: Khronus.8370

Khronus.8370

If you are having to literally run away from mobs, you are very bad at this game. I am sorry if this sounds like I am attacking you with this post. This is not my intention! I am just tired of reading people seriously cry about it being TOO HARD to solo?

It is as if you expect everything except events to be solo play. some players like to group up.

Every single class has utilities and a dodge. these used in combonation can get you anywhere in the game alone. Learn.

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

I had serious problem with my Elementalist in some level 50-70 charr’s densed zones.
With my warrior, not much a problem because I don’t need to move around.
But still sometimes they would respawn on the spot immediately after they are killed.
This can be some sort of bug. Sometimes its 2 guards respawning almost immediately right on top of their corpses after they are both killed at around the same time.

I hope they can find some sort of solution to prevent this from happening.

Posted by: Fungalstorm.8593

Fungalstorm.8593

As a ranger I’m at least partially immune to this (thank you pets for being so willing to sacrifice your lives so I can run past to a POI), however there have been several occasions, particularly in Orr, where clearing isn’t even an option because the combination of patrols and respawns makes it so pulling one mob all but guarantees 3-4 more will join, and by the time those are dead you’re fighting the first one you killed again.

Posted by: SithRose.9618

SithRose.9618

There is a very distinct difference between saying that the game is too hard and saying that the respawn rate is too fast because mobs are respawning literally 30 seconds after combat with the first spawn is initiated. Yes, I timed this. No, I do not mean “When you killed them”. I mean “when they aggro on you”.

If you don’t want to sound like you’re attacking people with your post, perhaps you should take the time to actually READ the posts in questions. If you did so, than you might discover that it is not a case of “LTP, Noob”, but rather quite experienced players who are timing spawn rates. When a mob of 5 respawns 30 seconds after initiation of combat, you now have anywhere from 6 to 9 enemies attacking you. In a level 15-25 zone, that is an unreasonable spawn rate and an unreasonable expectation for players to be able to handle.

Kimbald.2697

If you are having to literally run away from mobs, you are very bad at this game. I am sorry if this sounds like I am attacking you with this post. This is not my intention! I am just tired of reading people seriously cry about it being TOO HARD to solo?

It is as if you expect everything except events to be solo play. some players like to group up.

Every single class has utilities and a dodge. these used in combonation can get you anywhere in the game alone. Learn.

I don’t want to run away from the mobs, I want to kill them.
That’s where respawn rate kicks in: I need the time to clear. Has nothing to do with learning to play.

Also this: it’s not because some players like to group up, that ALl players should be forced to group up all the time…
It’s a challenge to do go out and do things all alone. Like taking on veterans and getting skill points. Or just wandering around all by myself and tackling whatever I need to tackle.

It’s not because it’s a multiplayer game that it shouldn’t be doable alone, to a large extend.
So your point makes absolutely no sense to me.

If this game was only intended to be played in group, it should have said so on the box.
But i don’t think it is. I just think you’re desperately looking for arguments just for the sake of finding one to defend the game.

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

Posted by: JudgeHolden.4023

JudgeHolden.4023

Please look at the harpy spawn rate in the Tanglerot hills. Can’t even do the skill point, because all the normal harpies respawn way to quickly around it.

Posted by: Terrant.2903

Terrant.2903

The worst spot I’ve encountered so far is the Temple of Lyssa skill point in Malchor’s Leap. You open/uncontest it through a series of dynamic events. However, once that is done at least on my server there was ~20 normal overleveled mobs with me just soloing it surrounding the area, then on the podium with the skill point there were 3-4 overleveled veteran mesmers.

Oh god, this SO MUCH.

The other day Me (Mesmer), my girlfiriend (Ele), and 2-3 other players that were randomly puttering around were trying to assault the temple for the skill point (protip: you can interact with it from below the platform if you get up to the edge, it was the only way we made it)

At its full spawn capacity there were 4 veteran risen mesmers, and something like 20 non-vet mobs. Non-vets re-spawned every 20 seconds or so, Vets not much slower. Did I mention there are no less than 4 risen catapults around the area, any given spot around the temple being in range for 2 of them to pelt?

It’s obvious that when the event is running and there’s an army of people here, the area is fine. However, anything less than a battalion of players will find spawns faster than they can kill.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Couldn’t the spawn rate of mobs be adjusted dynamically by having the game periodically poll how many players are present in a sub area of the game map?

Posted by: Dark.6083

Dark.6083

Actually, as a ranger I’ve run into this as well. I’m killing quickly, but at a distance – which means I don’t actually walk to where previous kills were for some time. There’s some areas where I’m shooting at something 1200 away, and my first kill respawns in my face.

Don’t remember the areas, but I’ll pay more attention now if they want us to file tickets.

Posted by: VendettaDFA.9368

VendettaDFA.9368

The area where the blood witch event occurs is a big respawn problem. Barracudas respawn like crazy and appear out of nowhere as well . The vet krait in the cave are just as bad too. I realize the thread refers to non event spawns, but hey if you can’t even get in a shot at the witch with all the fast respawns are you really in the event?

Posted by: Dangerkips.6035

Dangerkips.6035

Bumping for justice.

The respawn rate is in my top 3 biggest grievances with this game right now.

Posted by: Invoker.5462

Invoker.5462

I think its fine, i enjoy fighting an endless stream of bad guys, makes me feel that much more BA, and in cursed shore it encorages groups.

Posted by: Barbarka.9362

Barbarka.9362

Please make the game require more group work and make it more beneficial to have more people with you. The high spawn rate makes it so that grouping will be more prevalent in the game as it is in Ore. just my 5 cents.

Posted by: Dark.6083

Dark.6083

I think the Krait Witch isn’t supposed to have many event spawns, the problem is that when people are dodging her ridiculous attacks (seriously? This is a level 10 event?) she inevitably gets outside the village, and the massive crowd of fast spawning kraits outside start stabbing players in the back.

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

Wait till you guys get to Orr!!

Having said that I’ve so far managed ok doing whatever I need to do in Orr (there are some insane spawn rates) – but I like the challenge. And it has forced me and others to group and party with each other to explore/quest .. there is a real sense of security being in a party of 2 or 3 which I like game community wise.