Are there any plans for smaller guild halls?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

Guild halls are pretty sweet but for small guilds they are very hard to level up. Any chance there will be smaller guild halls that cost less materials in the future? Or maybe make material cost scale with guild size? For a <10 person guild that’s WvW focused its a daunting task to level these halls.

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Guild halls are pretty sweet but for small guilds they are very hard to level up. Any chance there will be smaller guild halls that cost less materials in the future? Or maybe make material cost scale with guild size? For a <10 person guild that’s WvW focused its a daunting task to level these halls.

All that can be exploited…

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I can’t see any reason for ANet to reduce the costs any way.

And really can’t see any way to do that, that wouldn’t be abused…

What I could see (and hope) is that they will consider making 1-2 smaller sized guild halls in the long run. Something more the size of large houses, rather than own map zones. That doesn’t require the whole capture the hall events, but might not be able to do all the upgrades.

Thus serve as an option for small guilds, and still giving them a reason to go that final mile and get a full guildhall if they wanted.

That, and I’d love to have a more “house” type of GH for myself, rather than my own personal titanic cave that I can’t be bothered to upgrade :p

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Building a hall with a 10-person guild isn’t necessarily harder than doing it with a 250-member guild. With only 10, everyone knows that it’s up to them to help out if they want to see anything. With 250, there’s often 240 (or more) convinced that someone else will donate this or that (because often there is).

Keep in mind that guild improvements & decorations are permanent — these are one-time expenditures that last as long as the guild does. In that context, it would be surprising if the costs were lowered significantly.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’d like a guild shed. Something that can be captured solo but that cannot be upgraded as much as the big halls.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Yeah - I’d personally like a smaller sized affair. I loved the scale of Gilded Hollow (didn’t access Lost Precipice with the guild I was in), but for small guilds, that same scale is a bit much. I’d like something that was more standard house-sized, and preferably something using existing assets, so something that looks like a DR house, or an LA building, or something asuran, etc. Even the actual guild building itself in LA is okay size and design-wise. Just want to put usable furniture in there, a barkeep, etc. Don’t actually mind if it costs lots to upgrade, as anything can be achieved gold-wise over time, but it shouldn’t be completely insane costs, either. I mean, a chair’s a chair and technically doesn’t cost an entire forest to make.

Further, I’d be happy to just go to an estate agent to make a purchase. Don’t need an all-singing-and-dancing "This house must be reclaimed from X invaders!" stuff. Put it this way, although Archeage is a pox, the way you acquire a home and upgrade it was not an entirely terrible idea (bar the "where the heck can I put it?!" shenanigans).

Also, something with a library anyone can add a copy of all those books we can carry around would be nice (also can be used in "home" instance, I suppose).

Although, the way I’m putting it here makes me think this may be more of a solo "home" instance upgrade. I’m amenable to that, or guild housing, akin to FFXIV, perhaps.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Capturing was never an issue tbh, upgrading is.

I’ve done 4 capture missions in total and in small parties (4-6 people) we were able to capture them in one go. Two of my capture missions are with 50-100 large guild and they usually failed first time because of terrible RNG placements. When you have greater than 20 that’s when you get 3 vine spawns and possibly at very far distances, forcing your zerg to split up. Upgrading, on the other hand, is what costs me enough gold to buy 5+ precursors. Though I kinda enjoy playing Sim more than actual character cosmetics.

Anyways you could have dedicated scribes who have gold to sink in, generally this will be much more difficult for WvW/PvP guilds (is there still PvP guilds?) since there isn’t exactly a way to farm. But seeing how you’re asking for less mats I think having more people chime in would relieve a lot of unnecessary stress from individuals, though I perfectly understand its kind of embarrassing to bring this up. It all depends on how your guild want to set up for the hall and I encourage you to discuss with your guildie.