Are there hidden achievements?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UnseeN.4928

UnseeN.4928

I did a Story quest on my character today. I was sure i had gotten all the achievements in the “Hero” section. But when i finished the story, i got an achievement.

Are there hidden achievements in the Hero section?
I have 29 completed achievements in there. (which shows to be all of em)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

all the story achievements are hidden achievements, there are also some other hidden achievements. According to the wiki there are 29 acheivements in Hero, so it seems you got them all now.

At the start of the game there where more hidden achievements but slowly most of them have been replaced by open ones.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

all the story achievements are hidden achievements

Since when are story achieves hidden? The uncompleted ones have always shown up for me in the list. I currently have some incomplete ones currently still showing up in the list and not hidden (total of my completes and incompletes is 29)

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

Yes there is, took me hours to figure it out…. some in game… some online researching. This may get taken down for posting it because it is suppose to be a secret. Go to Yaks Bend way point, purchase “Shot of Justice”, it is a drink from the vendor there. Drink it. You will get “The Yak Bends Gulible Drinker” award, counts towards Daily but only on days that there are 11 instead of 12. Good hunting, and lets keep this our little secret.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There are a ton of hidden achievements. Not sure about the hero tab specifically, but even the saving citizens achievements are hidden.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Stay Dry, Stay Alive
You get it by failing the “defend the megalaser” part vs. tequatl, then he kills everyone with a huge wave. you have to jump over that wave with one of the jump pads.
gl finding a group that is good enough to get to that event, yet bad enough to fail it (it’s easier to do that event than get to it). I only got it because it glitched somehow, there were lots of mobs already out, and the megalaser was destroyed before anyone could get there.