Are these the bots everyone is talking about?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ezaky.3425

Ezaky.3425

Hey guys, I stopped playing about a month ago and I logged in to see the new event and been playing since the start of it. I went to frostgorge sound and I found some very peculiar players:

They were in the middle of a small island in frostgorge sound, all naked… fighting monsters. On a cold island. Naked. They had normal nicknames with guild tags and they were all different, there was a charr, a asura and some humans.

At first I tought “wow, these guys are insane xD, fighting monster on an cold island without any clothes”, but then I remembered hearing something about bots and after watching them for a while I realised they were doing some weird stuff. So… if bots are like that, isn’t it just really easy to perma ban the account of the person doing this kind of thing? I mean, just check his IGN and BAM, perma ban. It’s not like a F2P where they can just make another account and keep botting…

When I played there weren’t any bots and I don’t know much about how A-net is handling that situation… so I have some questions:

What’s the current player base?
How many people are using bots?
Are bots ruining the economy?
Are bots ruining the game in a general way?
What a-net said about the bots?
Is the game dying?

Feel free to answer any of those questions and I will be happy if you do.

P.S: I still don’t understand how hard it could be to just perma-ban(or even ban for a good amount of time) an account on a P2P game, where people can’t just create another one and move on… I don’t even know why people bot when they can’t just go away safely(or can they? Idk, answer my questions and lets discuss it). I mean, I paid 120 reais(that is 60 dollars) for this game and that’s not cheap, I would never do anything to have my right to play it removed… The only reason I could think of people botting on a P2P game, where they only have 1 account(cmon, if the person had more than 1 account, do you really think he/she would be using bots?) is because they know they won’t be banned, or won’t be damaged in any way.

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

“When I played there weren’t any bots and I don’t know much about how A-net is handling that situation”

At the top of this very forum:

On Botting and What We’re Doing About It
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/On-Botting-and-What-We-re-Doing-About-It

Posted by: Ezaky.3425

Ezaky.3425

Oh, didn’t even see that… went straight to create the topic. Thank you.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Yes there were bots right from the start of the game.
Up to 40% of the pop bot not full time but still.
Yes they are destroying the economy.
Anet isnt doing anything about them except forum posts.
Now the media are getting involved and publishing articles about it.
Also about the racism that is being let go as well.
Most of the pop is gone – other than orr zones are empty (my guild died)
I hope anet starts to take thing seriously soon and work on killing the bot problem
legalizing it and making $ or turn the economy over to the players.

Posted by: Joshmans.8937

Joshmans.8937

What’s the current player base?
kitten knows.
How many people are using bots?
kitten knows.
Are bots ruining the economy?
Probably.
Are bots ruining the game in a general way?
kitten knows.
What a-net said about the bots?
Theyll ban em.
Is the game dying?
Doubt it, its like 3 or 4 months old.

Posted by: roqoco.4053

roqoco.4053

Of course Arenanet are working on the problem, its just harder to resolve than it appear to be (other games have been plagued by bots for years) – so report any bots you see and try to report all the bots in a train. One thing that doesn’t help is players who follow bot trains around hoping to benefit themselves, since its easy to report them as bots by mistake; not that I’d be too sorry to see players that think this is acceptable behaviour go as well.

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Hi everybody,

Please have a look at this thread as mentioned above: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/On-Botting-and-What-We-re-Doing-About-It

And as roqoco suggested, keep on reporting any bots you see.

The topic is now locked, thanks for your contribution.