Are we allowed?

Are we allowed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Are we allowed to post topics about other games?
I’ve seen many different forums that have topics about other games so I was wondering if this is allowed in the GW2 official forums as well.

Are we allowed?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

No

/15 chars

The Burninator

Are we allowed?

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Thanks for the quick reply =)

Are we allowed?

JustTrogdor.7892

Thanks for the quick reply =)

You are welcome. I suppose I could have elaborated. Generally such posts get removed from here in a short amount of time and the culprit may receive and infraction.

The Burninator

Are we allowed?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Most fan forums allow you to talk about other games. Many game forums don’t allow you to talk about other games…that isn’t to say you can’t mention other games, or compare to other games, but logically this is a forum to discuss Guild Wars 2.

There are other places to discuss other games.

Are we allowed?

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

You can mention other games from what I’ve seen, it doesn’t seem to cause any problems.

Are we allowed?

Vayne.8563

I talk about other games all the time, as long as it’s about how they pertain to a conversation about Guild Wars 2. There’s no moratorium on mentioning another game. But you can’t just make a post talking about another game, without some Guild Wars 2 tie-in.

Are we allowed?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I don’t see why they couldn’t add an off topic forum. WoW, lotro, dcuo, rift and what seems to be every single other mmo’s official forum that I checked has a way to discuss things that are not game related.
These are the official forums of these games too.

Are we allowed?

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t see why they couldn’t add an off topic forum. WoW, lotro, dcuo, rift and what seems to be every single other mmo’s official forum that I checked has a way to discuss things that are not game related.

My guess is that it gives them a lot less to deal with by not having it. Many off topic forums I have seen get nasty real quick with flame wars over politics, religion, and just about any topic. I don’t know how many staff members Anet has dedicated to enforcing forum rules but from what I have already seen in the current forums I imagine they would need a few more.

The Burninator

Are we allowed?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are plenty general gaming forums for discussing all sorts of games, why does anyone need to discuss in the forums specifically for GW2?

Are we allowed?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

There are plenty general gaming forums for discussing all sorts of games, why does anyone need to discuss in the forums specifically for GW2?

It’s just a nice thing to have. You can discuss movies, books and everything else with fellow GW2 players all in one convenient location.
I would ask, “why not?”

Are we allowed?

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

You could start a topic about pong for all I care…

Pong ruled.

Are we allowed?

Vayne.8563

Pong ruled.

If you got the left paddle, though, you were OP. It wasn’t very balanced.

Are we allowed?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Anet is jealous and doesn’t want people talking about moving on to other games.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Are we allowed?

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

Pong ruled.

If you got the left paddle, though, you were OP. It wasn’t very balanced.

I dunno. Sounds like L2P to me…

Are we allowed?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They want to focus on their game on their forums. You don’t think it is fair, fine. You knew it coming in (terms of service) and you can contact support directly for a clarification.