Are we getting mounts any time soon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RamataKahn.4283

RamataKahn.4283

Obviously they would be a store item but they will sell like hot cakes and generate even more revenue for the game. Also, obviously there can’t be flying mounts because they would trivialize content like hard-to-get-to vistas & jumping puzzles.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Not anytime soon.

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I want to ride Tequatl mount! Make it happend Anet or i will write on forum that you dont listen to what majority of players wants…than i will make up “facts” to prove that game is dying because i cant ride Tequatl!

Seriously…another mounts thread?

Posted by: oversoul soldier.1742

oversoul soldier.1742

I don’t really see the need for mounts with the waypoint system the game uses. Unless mounts are in some way a work around waypoint fees like the molten picks were a work around having to ever buy a mining pick again. If that’s the case you can bet they are going to cost egregious amount of gems. Anyway if they include mounts great, but not really a pressing need at the moment.

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

I want mounts so bad, I wouldnt use waypoints if I could use mounts, the fact people say they are a bad aspect is a joke imo because people go where they want when they want. Having a mount to get there cuts out less content then just teleporting accross 6 maps alltogether. Mounts wouldnt be compulsory and I wouldnt want them in WvW or Pvp of any sort but as for adding another great aspect to a great game I think they would rock!!! Also I never played WoW past level one and had trouble just getting past the charector creation it looks so gay so I’m not from another MMO trying to make GW2 suit my other games i played. I played GW1. 200% support mounts! And like i said above, some people think mounts take away from people seeing the world and running past events, Thats BS because we got WP’s that cut out everything. Go figure.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I hope not ever, bad enough there are ludicrous witches brooms that were put in. Totally kittened up.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

I don’t think we can EVER have mounts now. People have beaten these horses to death. ;-)

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Probably not. As you can see there are a lot of people who don’t want them, which to me means there is a lot of people who are bad at collecting things like that so..there ya have it.
There’s really no valid excuse not to have them in an mmo(where people collect things) so you see people resort to it being against lore or some other silly excuse. Hell, even if they implemented mounts that are purely cosmetic and don’t increase speed at all, I bet they’d still get all worked up over it.

Im Mudbone.1437

Probably not. As you can see there are a lot of people who don’t want them, which to me means there is a lot of people who are bad at collecting things like that so..there ya have it.
There’s really no valid excuse not to have them in an mmo(where people collect things) so you see people resort to it being against lore or some other silly excuse. Hell, even if they implemented mounts that are purely cosmetic and don’t increase speed at all, I bet they’d still get all worked up over it.

That is already here with the witches broom that is so ludicrous.

Posted by: Orkfaeller.7931

Orkfaeller.7931

I think I might actually murder for a smaler rideable version of the Charr Tanks.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

As long as they don’t fly or have any speed buffs I wouldn’t have a big problem with it but with all of the attack effects with large groups of people I believe that mounts would just drag down fps with more animations. I mean come on is your mount not going to have a kick kitten animation? If it didn’t and had no buffs what would be the point? As for not being good at collecting things – wow what is one of the worst arguments for mounts I have heard on the forums yet.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: eberkain.1472

eberkain.1472

I’d rather see a speed buff item like enchanted boots or rocket boots instead of a mount.

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

please no mounts, this is not wow.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

As a Charr engineer I would love nothing more then a boss hogg! Even if it did go only 33% speed.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

NO

NEVER

PLEASE NEVER ADD MOUNTS.

Kill the game first. Shut off the servers and call it a day.

But no mounts.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

technically the broom could be considered a mount, you do ride it after all

i don’t think they’ll ever implement mounts that actually increase your movement speed though

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

My human guardian would look cool on a white horse, and my thief cool on a palomino. But with mounts comes the chance of silly stuff like asura on golems, charr on motorcycles, and worse. So I vote no on mounts (unless they’re human only, the rest of you can walk).

Posted by: Riochu.6128

Riochu.6128

I’d really rather not have mounts. Thoughts of oversized mounts cluttering the Black Lion Merchants make me shudder a bit.

~(^_^)~

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I would hate it if they added mounts, they are far too much dev time too that could go on stuff I want more.

also there are no horses in gw2

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

We don’t need mounts.

dcypher.2590

The excuses are funny. Too much dev time? Not wow (spoken as if wow was the only game that had a mount in it lol)? Drop in fps? No horses? Lame, really. I know saying people are bad at collecting is a pretty poor argument, but it isn’t any lamer than these.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t want them. My opinion on this is based on the fact I don’t like games were everyone is running around on mounts. I just don’t like the feel and look of it. It isn’t about the collecting issue. I’d just buy gems if I wanted one bad enough.

Although it may seem foreign to many of you, one reason I purchased GW2 as my MMO of preference was the lack of mounts. It certainly wasn’t the determining factor in my ultimate decision but it did carry some weight.

I’m not saying that because that is how I feel then everyone else is wrong and they should rule out mounts completely. However, I would probably limit my game play if they were in game. I feel the same way about wearing town clothes in combat. I don’t like the way it presents the game to me visually. If both were in place I’d probably just be happy for the fun I have had and move on. Not in an “I’ll show you!” /rage quit way. I’ve already gotten my moneys worth from the game.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Wreknar.5076

Wreknar.5076

No, quit asking already and use the search function.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Why would you want mounts? I think they’re silly. Just because a bunch of other MMOs have mounts doesn’t mean GW2 should have mounts.

I mean, what are the arguments for them? You can travel faster? We have speed boosts, way points, and asura gates. Different combat? We already have transform skills, and if you mean a new kind of combat like land/water difference that’s something a bit too different from the core game at this point.

I honestly don’t know why people want mounts in general. A lot of arguments have to do with other games having them. That’s not a good enough reason for them to be implemented in GW2. I just don’t see the point.

Zacchary.6183

Why would you want mounts? I think they’re silly. Just because a bunch of other MMOs have mounts doesn’t mean GW2 should have mounts.

I mean, what are the arguments for them? You can travel faster? We have speed boosts, way points, and asura gates. Different combat? We already have transform skills, and if you mean a new kind of combat like land/water difference that’s something a bit too different from the core game at this point.

I honestly don’t know why people want mounts in general. A lot of arguments have to do with other games having them. That’s not a good enough reason for them to be implemented in GW2. I just don’t see the point.

More bragging rights is the answer to your wonderment.

Posted by: mfernandez.4172

mfernandez.4172

please no mounts, this is not wow.

agreed +1

EROTIC DISCO HEAT [SE] [FR]
http://www.youtube.com/user/taeHocsiD

Posted by: Gustoril.4195

Gustoril.4195

I dislike how a lot of players turn down harmless content just because it was in some other game that everyone knows I’m talking about. That stubborn way of thinking is like denying a ferrari just because your neighbor has one.

Some players actually enjoy the collection of exotic creatures, even better when they can be ridden.

a mount is harmless content and for all of you haters, point out the harm…plz

Or more should I ask a question : IF mounts were added to the game, how does this negatively affect you? (not emotionally, but in game)

(edited by Gustoril.4195)

JustTrogdor.7892

I dislike how a lot of players turn down harmless content just because it was in some other game that everyone knows I’m talking about. That stubborn way of thinking is like denying a ferrari just because your neighbor has one.

Some players actually enjoy the collection of exotic creatures, even better when they can be ridden.

Or more should I ask a question : IF mounts were added to the game, how does this negatively affect you? (not emotionally, but in game)

Your entire post is nothing but an attempt to devalue the opinions of others just because you don’t agree with them. Additionally I don’t think I would call someone a hater just because they don’t want something you want.

I could use some negative label to refer to you because you want an in game item that I don’t like but out of respect for your opinion I refrain from doing so. You simply don’t have the same opinion and that’s fine. Just because they don’t like mounts doesn’t mean they are haters. That term is often used by someone that is struggling to support their thoughts regarding a topic they are trying to defend.

I have already explained how it would affect me and it has little to do with emotion but how it would affect my game play experience.

The Burninator

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Mount would be a Great Addition.
But i dont need mount cause i’m an animal, im a Charr!
If 2 legs need mounts then Charrs need speed boost items specifically for Charrs, like for example, Cheetah Charr Soles
Similar to Backpacks & Quivers, they serve the same functions.

edit: btw Charr on a Horse would look silly :P

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

There is already a mount in the game.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Riding_Broom

Enjoy. Now stop spamming this topic and use the search function next time.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

dcypher.2590

Your entire post is nothing but an attempt to devalue the opinions of others just because you don’t agree with them. Additionally I don’t think I would call someone a hater just because they don’t want something you want.

I could use some negative label to refer to you because you want an in game item that I don’t like but out of respect for your opinion I refrain from doing so. You simply don’t have the same opinion and that’s fine. Just because they don’t like mounts doesn’t mean they are haters. That term is often used by someone that is struggling to support their thoughts regarding a topic they are trying to defend.

I have already explained how it would affect me and it has little to do with emotion but how it would affect my game play experience.

Oh there is no struggle to defend wanting to have mounts in the game. For a lot of players it’s the same thing as collecting anything else like pets/mnis/gear. There’s nothing but more good that can happen for a game that expands the quantity of things for players to do.

I even suggested that they don’t have a speed buff at all..just cosmetic, riding mounts that look cool and involve collecting. But the naysayers still, for some reason, can’t even fathom that because it’s like…wow… lol as if world of warcraft is the only game with a mount.

If your experience in a game hinges on something as little as a mount and not something serious like balance and exploits well, more power to ya.

Also, devaluing someone’s opinion suggests that they had value to begin with. If their argument is founded by something as ignorant as “this game isn’t wow” then it didn’t hold any weight to begin with.

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

And do you know how Charrs ride the broom?
We stand on it. Imagine a mount, it gonna look like a circus ride.
So Speed Soles are the best for Charrs

JustTrogdor.7892

If your experience in a game hinges on something as little as a mount and not something serious like balance and exploits well, more power to ya.

I agree because you are arguing over something that in your word is little. So why all the passion arguing with others because it is something you want.

I will leave it at this because it is time to get some sleep. Just because some people want something and some people don’t it doesn’t make the people that want it right by default.

You can express desire for quote “something as little as a mount” all you want. More power to ya.

The Burninator

dcypher.2590

Nice, now that you agree it is simply not a big deal, you should be able to understand why it is pretty selfish to refuse it instead of allowing people who want it to have it.

Posted by: Razorface.2714

Razorface.2714

This makes no sense to me, if that is all you want, we already have it in the broom and the tunnel digger. No speed buffs no nothing, they are just basic mounts. They are already here, just go and get one if you want one…

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Nice, now that you agree it is simply not a big deal, you should be able to understand why it is pretty selfish to refuse it instead of allowing people who want it to have it.

Don’t be a hypocrite.

The same can be said for those that want it. There is two sides to this.

-Why should you be allowed to have it, when others don’t want it?
-Why should we not be allowed to have it, when others do want it?

Either way is selfish to assume that you should or shouldn’t be allowed to have them, regardless of what others think.

It boils down to this.

The reasons why people don’t want them, is cause it wouldn’t fit in this game. The franchise has never had mounts and never will cause they just don’t fit. And as well, they would hog up the screen like no tomorrow like they are already doing in other games. Want to go to the Trading Post npc? You have to deal with tons of mounts piled up around them. Ever tried to talk to a quest npc in like WoW for instance, and everyone is sitting on their mounts around them, making it almost impossible for you to get to the npc? Yeah, we don’t need that here.

I get that people want vanity mounts or even speed mounts in GW2. Collectors and those that are used to other MMOs think this game needs them cause other games have them. It’s the same argument about capes.

But to assume someone is selfish cause they don’t want others to have them cause they don’t want them, is just hypocritical. Because those that do want them, are expecting everyone that doesn’t want them to just “deal with it” if they don’t like it. It comes around to the whole, if you don’t like it, don’t buy it scenario. Yeah, but they still have to deal with everyone that does like them, running around everywhere on them and blocking npcs and such with them. So you are still affecting their game, whether you want to believe it or not. But not having mounts, doesn’t ruin your game in any way at all. Cause the game never had them to begin with.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Zacchary.6183

If you think its an “incompetant collector” problem, its not that. There are already fast modes of travel (waypoints) so the purpose of mounts would be purely visual. This game is still young and filled with bugs and other things that need improvement. Mounts would just be another way for the player to show how big their kitten is. We don’t need more of them.

Im Mudbone.1437

Don’t be a hypocrite.

The same can be said for those that want it. There is two sides to this.

-Why should you be allowed to have it, when others don’t want it?
-Why should we not be allowed to have it, when others do want it?

Either way is selfish to assume that you should or shouldn’t be allowed to have them, regardless of what others think.

It boils down to this.

The reasons why people don’t want them, is cause it wouldn’t fit in this game. The franchise has never had mounts and never will cause they just don’t fit. And as well, they would hog up the screen like no tomorrow like they are already doing in other games. Want to go to the Trading Post npc? You have to deal with tons of mounts piled up around them. Ever tried to talk to a quest npc in like WoW for instance, and everyone is sitting on their mounts around them, making it almost impossible for you to get to the npc? Yeah, we don’t need that here.

I get that people want vanity mounts or even speed mounts in GW2. Collectors and those that are used to other MMOs think this game needs them cause other games have them. It’s the same argument about capes.

But to assume someone is selfish cause they don’t want others to have them cause they don’t want them, is just hypocritical. Because those that do want them, are expecting everyone that doesn’t want them to just “deal with it” if they don’t like it. It comes around to the whole, if you don’t like it, don’t buy it scenario. Yeah, but they still have to deal with everyone that does like them, running around everywhere on them and blocking npcs and such with them. So you are still affecting their game, whether you want to believe it or not. But not having mounts, doesn’t ruin your game in any way at all. Cause the game never had them to begin with.

Majority rules and the majority says no(count the yea’s and no’s I did). ACTUALLY, ANET rules since it’s their game so what they say goes.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Ground mounts are pointless because they’re just visualized speed buffs. If ever, EVER, flying mounts are implemented, i’m sure it will be in an expansion and will only work in the expansion area.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Mounts? For what?

Ground mounts are pointless because they’re just visualized speed buffs. If ever, EVER, flying mounts are implemented, i’m sure it will be in an expansion and will only work in the expansion area.

I am pretty sure A.Net won’t do the same mistake blizzard did (even they regret it).

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

oh look- another mount thread.
No, just no -_-

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

No thank you. Ever.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Jestersmiles.4365

Jestersmiles.4365

No need for them, go back to WoW.

“Thank you for rezzing me”- Thankful Stranger
“Np, it part of the Job :) " – Proud Guardian.

dcypher.2590

Alright. Sounds good. Suit yourselves, really. To me it’s a fundamental. To deny the addition of something more for people to collect just because you don’t like them is selfish in my opinion. Btw the TPs are overcrowded to begin with and most of the time are indoors which would make mounts unusable, but whatever you say; logic eludes. Anyway, anything would liven up boss chests that (if you’re lucky) you get level 80 rares with level 1 skins.

Also, I don’t even play wow, but all the attention you’re giving them is making me think it might be a good game.

Have a good day now!

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Rather then asking a dev to make mounts, which will probably take months, wouldn’t it be easier to go into your skills panel, and select that one that says “Swiftness” at the bottom?

Posted by: Leon Mousy.6238

Leon Mousy.6238

Why the hell would we need mounts in GW lol?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Rather then asking a dev to make mounts, which will probably take months, wouldn’t it be easier to go into your skills panel, and select that one that says “Swiftness” at the bottom?

muh prestige!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Obviously they would be a store item but they will sell like hot cakes and generate even more revenue for the game. Also, obviously there can’t be flying mounts because they would trivialize content like hard-to-get-to vistas & jumping puzzles.

Also,obvioiusly,mounts won;t be coming too guild wars 2…obviously.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Alright. Sounds good. Suit yourselves, really. To me it’s a fundamental. To deny the addition of something more for people to collect just because you don’t like them is selfish in my opinion. Btw the TPs are overcrowded to begin with and most of the time are indoors which would make mounts unusable, but whatever you say; logic eludes. Anyway, anything would liven up boss chests that (if you’re lucky) you get level 80 rares with level 1 skins.

Also, I don’t even play wow, but all the attention you’re giving them is making me think it might be a good game.

Have a good day now!

Mounts don’t fit into the lore of this game- no one rides in Tyria have you noticed? The terrain is very complicated and unsuitable to mounts.
We have massive culling in PvE still.
There is absolutely no need for mounts and there are quite a reasons why they would be impractical.
That is how this game was made.

The only reason for asking for mounts is because you want to look like a bad kitten riding around on your mount of doom- that sounds a lot more selfish to me than people saying no mounts.

Gunnar’s Hold

dcypher.2590

Yea because I’d be the only one able to get a mount if they were in the game. So selfish. LoL