Are we getting mounts any time soon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Yea because I’d be the only one able to get a mount if they were in the game. So selfish. LoL

The majority of responders do not want it so in essence, yes, you are being selfish.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yea because I’d be the only one able to get a mount if they were in the game. So selfish. LoL

The fact that you think they should add mounts because you want them, and anyone who doesn’t want them should just “deal with it”, makes you selfish.

You don’t care how it will affect other players or how it doesn’t fit into the game, you want it just to be flashy, regardless of what other players think.

So yes, you’re selfish.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

You just want to deny adding them because you don’t want the TP to be blocked or because there are waypoints, or because you don’t want anyone to have something you don’t. That’s being selfish. Everything said against mounts has been nothing but an excuse or some kind of line assuming they know how long it would take a dev to create.

But whatever, like I said before, suit yourselves. All you’re really doing is making it so gw2 has one less element to it to draw people in and keep them entertained. Hooks. It’s that simple.

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yes because mounts will be a complete game changing feature in this game that will make millions of new players flock to GW2. Seriously? Get real.

I don’t want mounts simply because there is no reason for them. You haven’t given any good reason to have them, so why exactly should they be added then? You sit here and call us selfish for not letting you have your horsey, yet you sit here and act like it is perfectly okay that you should have them and don’t care about those that don’t want them.

That is the exact reason of being selfish. You don’t care what anyone else thinks, you want it any ways. It’s like me saying I want pets for every class. I don’t care if no one else wants it, we should have it any ways cause I want it. You don’t care about what anyone else thinks, you only care about your own wants. It’s selfish.

dcypher.2590

Word? You must be really bad at reading comprehension. This game is all about cosmetics. There’s nothing that is difficult, there’s nothing that is acquired by skill. Even legendaries are a product of farming. Mounts would be another tool in the cosmetic arsenal this entire game is designed around.

Somewhere along the line you came up with the idea that I am the only one asking for this. If I were, then I’d be selfish. Unfortunately for you I’m not. The people saying no have selfish reasons, selfish because they rely on pointing fingers at one other game, and talking about blocking npc’s, or because there is no need (which is the funniest because having something else to spend time getting is what an mmo thrives on). But alas, you’re right. I’m so selfish, so selfish that if they implemented mounts I may be the only person to be on one.

And if you think people don’t play games for things that are viewed in today’s gaming world as essentials such as cool looking mounts, cool looking gear, cool titles, etc… You are kidding yourself. Where do you think “carrot on a stick” came from in mmos?

Like I said, it’s whatever.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

There’s technically already mounts in the game, but they’re “cosmetic mounts.” I prefer these, actually, and would like to see more. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, check out the broom and drill. Now if we could get some animals or giant things to ride, that would be great. But the premise of these mounts not granting a speed bonus or “flying” (they can hover) is a necessary mechanic.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There is no need for them. There is a very vocal minority for them. They where deliberately left out of the game by ANET. ANET left wiggle room to add something that could be considered a mount but probably will not satisfy the horsey crowd. It will not happen the way you want it to happen so search early posts and get your answers there.

dcypher.2590

There’s technically already mounts in the game, but they’re “cosmetic mounts.” I prefer these, actually, and would like to see more. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, check out the broom and drill. Now if we could get some animals or giant things to ride, that would be great. But the premise of these mounts not granting a speed bonus or “flying” (they can hover) is a necessary mechanic.

Yea that’s what I’ve been saying the whole time. Thanks for maybe putting it a nicer way.

SpyderArachnid.5619

Word? You must be really bad at reading comprehension. This game is all about cosmetics. There’s nothing that is difficult, there’s nothing that is acquired by skill. Even legendaries are a product of farming. Mounts would be another tool in the cosmetic arsenal this entire game is designed around.

Somewhere along the line you came up with the idea that I am the only one asking for this. If I were, then I’d be selfish. Unfortunately for you I’m not. The people saying no have selfish reasons, selfish because they rely on pointing fingers at one other game, and talking about blocking npc’s, or because there is no need (which is the funniest because having something else to spend time getting is what an mmo thrives on). But alas, you’re right. I’m so selfish, so selfish that if they implemented mounts I may be the only person to be on one.

And if you think people don’t play games for things that are viewed in today’s gaming world as essentials such as cool looking mounts, cool looking gear, cool titles, etc… You are kidding yourself. Where do you think “carrot on a stick” came from in mmos?

Like I said, it’s whatever.

It seems you don’t even know where “Carrot on a Stick” came from.

Carrot on a stick is a phrase that refers to an endless treadmill. No matter how hard you work at something, you will never finish. Basically, a carrot on a stick. You hold a carrot on a stick in front of the horse you are riding, and no matter how hard the horse works at getting that carrot, they will never reach it.

It was used in games like, again WoW for example (I’m not comparing, it’s just the easiest and most familiar game to reference for players). WoW has a gear treadmill. And no matter how far you go into that treadmill, you will never reach the end. Say Tier 6 gear was max gear at the time. You would spend tons of time and work trying to reach Tier 6. And by the time you get it, Tier 7 is introduced. Now you grind and grind for Tier 7, and by the time you get it, Tier 8 is introduced. It is a never ending cycle. A carrot dangling on a stick that you will never reach.

What you are talking about has nothing to do with that phrase.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You just want to deny adding them because you don’t want the TP to be blocked or because there are waypoints, or because you don’t want anyone to have something you don’t. That’s being selfish. Everything said against mounts has been nothing but an excuse or some kind of line assuming they know how long it would take a dev to create.

But whatever, like I said before, suit yourselves. All you’re really doing is making it so gw2 has one less element to it to draw people in and keep them entertained. Hooks. It’s that simple.

Its selfish and hypocritical when your argument’s point is “because you guys don’t want me to have it” and saying “That is selfish” afterwards. You have no legit point as to why mounts should be made in GW2 other than “Every other MMO has done it”. You’ve not come up with a single counter-point to the ones given. The fact is, not alot of people want mounts and there will more than likely be no mounts between now and forever.

dcypher.2590

Its selfish and hypocritical when your argument’s point is “because you guys don’t want me to have it” and saying “That is selfish” afterwards. You have no legit point as to why mounts should be made in GW2 other than “Every other MMO has done it”. You’ve not come up with a single counter-point to the ones given. The fact is, not alot of people want mounts and there will more than likely be no mounts between now and forever.

Are you illiterate? If adding cosmetic features to a cosmetic game isn’t reason enough, I don’t know what to tell you. There are already mounts being rolled out as pointed out by other people. Get with the program! If you can’t tell the difference between me providing a good reason for them to continue to be implemented and those who are saying go back to wow, fit the lore, block the to, wah wah wag, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Zacchary.6183

If you can’t grasp the simple fact that aesthetics > cosmetics, I don’t know what to tell you.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

There is absolutely no reason to add mounts in the game and it will never happen.

Cosmetic features can be lots of things, clothes, minis, visual upgrades like the drill and the molten pick etc. Mounts aren’t actually cosmetic in any game that has them, they always offer something beyond cosmetics, and that’s the reason they will never be implemented in Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Never, gw is an anti mount game.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

The majority of responders do not want it so in essence, yes, you are being selfish.

“The majority”? Where did this information come from? Or are you just making stuff up to support your side of the argument?

please no mounts, this is not wow.

That’s a weak argument. Surely you have some other reason against mounts than “wow has them, so GW2 cannot”?

agreed +1

That’s a weak argument. Surely you have some other reason against mounts than “wow has them, so GW2 cannot”?

No need for them, go back to WoW.

dcypher.2590

Oh is that so? 0.o

Hey everyone the broom and the drill aren’t mounts, they’re “cosmetic upgrades”.
Some of you are very entertaining, I will give you that.

(edited by dcypher.2590)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Are you illiterate? If adding cosmetic features to a cosmetic game isn’t reason enough, I don’t know what to tell you. There are already mounts being rolled out as pointed out by other people. Get with the program! If you can’t tell the difference between me providing a good reason for them to continue to be implemented and those who are saying go back to wow, fit the lore, block the to, wah wah wag, then I don’t know what to tell you.

You have yet to provide a good reason- saying the point of the game is cosmetics, is disingenuous because the cosmetics people are referring to has to do with armour and weapon skins, not mounts.

You are also fixated on blocking the TP for some reason- this is the least of our worries since most people want mounts to show -off in the open world.

As for broom-sticks?
Really it is a town clothing accessory calling it a mount because you can ride on it seems to try and add to weight an argument that will go nowhere because GW has never had mounts the way you describe them.

Everything said in favour of mounts is just an excuse to wave your kitten around- right back at you.
BTW stop insulting people.

Gunnar’s Hold

Zacchary.6183

“The majority”? Where did this information come from? Or are you just making stuff up to support your side of the argument?

agreed +1

No need for them, go back to WoW.

“Lol! I am going to take out the least valid arguments and say they’re dumb while completely avoiding the rest so my argument looks better!! I don’t even have an argument! lolololol

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

I want to ride Tequatl mount! Make it happend Anet or i will write on forum that you dont listen to what majority of players wants…than i will make up “facts” to prove that game is dying because i cant ride Tequatl!

Seriously…another mounts thread?

tequatl already needs some sun, please don’t sit on him and block the light.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

So far we have no further news of mounts. As soon as we have something, we will inform you.

Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.