Are we still waiting on new news?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ralron.8124

Ralron.8124

are we still waiting on new news for the April 15th patch?
or do we pretty much know it all now?!

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Facilitating Friendly Play.

I wonder what that is? Aren’t we friendly enough already?

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

3 more about facilitating friendly play…. guess what??

1- Improvemnts to LFG tool (no more beta)

2- You can transfer for a cheaper price to realm where your friends are

3- “Invite a Friend to GW2” by making him buy the game, and receiving a mini pet/whatever iten.

In other words, not a really Feature we were waiting.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

3- “Invite a Friend to GW2” by making him buy the game, and receiving a mini pet/whatever iten.

This is very likely. Would be terrible though. I want something cool, something we’ve been asking for, for a long time. Like Guild Halls.

We already have the Wardrobe, Guild Halls would be the finishing touch. Though I doubt we will get them..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Looks like it’s gonna be a long update

vvuevv

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Even if it’s not guild halls, I hope it’s not something massively underwhelming such as removing repair costs and free trait resets (which were already announced before)

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Hopefully, as the only things revealed thus far as quality of life things, and borderline bug fixes.

It’s no secret the patch is meant to counter the ESO release, but with ZERO added tangible content I don’t see it doing much.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Hopefully, as the only things revealed thus far as quality of life things, and borderline bug fixes.

It’s no secret the patch is meant to counter the ESO release, but with ZERO added tangible content I don’t see it doing much.

The changes to traits and pvp rewards are pretty big, and the wardrobe is a massive QoL change.

Outside of that, I agree. Lots of nice, small stuff, but not exactly “new features”.

“Facilitating Friendly Play” is divided into three parts, and is the last thing to be revealed. Let’s hope that it’s exciting enough.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The changes to traits and pvp rewards are pretty big, and the wardrobe is a massive QoL change.

Outside of that, I agree. Lots of nice, small stuff, but not exactly “new features”.

“Facilitating Friendly Play” is divided into three parts, and is the last thing to be revealed. Let’s hope that it’s exciting enough.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up too high.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m trying to avoid speculating on the last post (in it’s 3 parts). I’d probably be waaaaay off lol.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

One of them is going to be about the world bosses and such. I’m hoping it’s a reward system overhaul. The first thing I said was datamined so…..

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

From what an Anet dev told me: A while back I reported a troll in WvW that causes problems on a daily basis and was told there is a system coming that will make them want to participate with their community instead of destroying it. I’m not sure if this is directly related to “facilitating friendly play” but it sure seems likely. Fingers crossed anyways that this will be good news coming later this week.

Maguuma Guardian

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

People who think TESO is a threat have clearly never tried it.

The fact that you can’t play your favorite race and with your friends is a shameful thing to do in a MMO. It’s like a really poorly made Alliance and Horde.

But don’t worry! If you play pay more you can play in any faction!

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

It means dumb down things even more.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Probably not. The Improvements to LFG tool was already announced on march 26th.

Transfer to a cheaper price to a realm where your friends are?? That would be so stupid. You just have to find someone in the realm you want to transfer too and make friend with him so you can transfer to a lesser price.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

If you think this patch is meant to counter ESO, keep on being a fanboy. ESO is utter garbage, there is no patch required to counter it as it already defeated itself.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The wishful thinking side of me wants it to be guild halls.

The realistic, yet still somewhat optimistic side of me hopes to see changes that allow parties to stick together more easily for more aspects of the game. Ex: hot join PvP prevents joining at the same time and autobalance often pits you and your friends against each other, even when you specifically try to get on the same team.

However, I really don’t have my hopes up on this last feature release.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

There’s an LFG tool? How do I access that?

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Lightlord.4752

Lightlord.4752

lol. If you read some of the forum rants and see some of LFG advertisements… I would says we are the mostest happiest peeps on the internet :P

Posted by: Lightlord.4752

Lightlord.4752

I agree kinda. Im sure the release timing was intentional, some changes have been in the works for a longtime and it makes to release it when you can get most mileage out of it. I believe these changes are more geared for the long game (no pun intended). There are looking at future viability for newer players and brand new players.

Its just not GW2 that will get impacted by the ESO release. I also think that anet has realistic expectations on outcomes of the patch as it relates to the eso timing. Eso is the bright new shiny thing and some it will capture its share of interest. Then after the 90 day honeymoon has past. There forums will be filled with very judgmental and critical rants as it appears to be the nature of the beast with the current gamer community. I played the beta, the likely hood it will be a total flop is unlikely, the real question is how much market share they will gain and hold after the honey moon stage is gone.

Anytime there are changes, it will have an adverse/positive impact on players. The ratios and degrees can only be predicted and no doubt certain things will get re-tweaked.

This Feature Pack: One of the goals, based on what anet is stating is to make the game easier for the new player to use and digest. Every game as it grows , tends to grow in content and complexity. As long term players its allot more digestable since you received the changes and new content in bite size chunks.

The newer player gets exposed to everything at once and it can be pretty overwhelming and create a huge learning curve. Which is the norm for any large game being developed. I personally started on day one of gw2 and returned this last November after a significant hiatus.

The game had some very significant changes and had me going, wtf is that. Whats a zerg? wtf is fotm?oh fractal of the mist? and Im suppose to know what that is? and whats with all these cat references ? kitten this ? and kitten that? So thats just confusion around the ingame slang and vocabulary before we get to gear/mechanics and user interfaces.

(edited by Lightlord.4752)

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

There’s an LFG tool? How do I access that?

Its on same tab as your friend list.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m sure part of it will be them wanting us to know that they worked super, duper, extra kitten all these things they’re putting into the game, and they’re very upset that some of us have poked holes in it and pointed out parts we’re stupid enough to not like. Worse, we’ve even been mean enough to complain about all the wonderful things they’re doing, and it makes them want to cry. So they want us to stop posting all these bad mean things on the forums, or anywhere else in the internet, because it hurts their feelings.

Also, when they show up in game and turn on that special ANet guild tag, we should be spending all our time following them around and telling them how great they are! After all, anyone can have a legendary or five, but only the special kids get to have the red logo next to their name! So we need to stop what we’re doing and follow them around taking screenshots to post on the forums, showing how close we were able to stand next to someone really cool, like them!

Also, happy April first.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Perhaps a facility for to house friends that play? Guild Halls?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I want Underflow…

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The fact that you can’t play your favorite race and with your friends is a shameful thing to do in a MMO. It’s like a really poorly made Alliance and Horde.

I love guild wars, played it plenty but:
ESO is a blast:
Pve areas about 8-10 times the size of Pve Areas in GW2. You can play in first person view and there are indoors areas. There is so much more lore than in GW, everything is voice acted. The trait and skill system is very complex and offer great variety. Network performance is better and graphics can be just stunning.

It has improved on a lot of concept that you will find in GW, like WvW siege is more varied and doesn’t take supplies. The WvW map is about 25 times the size of Eb in this game but it has more choke points.

Honestly I don’t think this “feature patch” is going to make me come back from ESO. Anet is going to have to provide new end-game content eventually. But without GvG this game PvP modes will start to look old in a few weeks.

Obviously ESO isn’t Guild Wars; jumping is a bit clunky and there are no combo fields, however the amount of content to explore is breathtaking.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

I love guild wars, played it plenty but:
ESO is a blast:
Pve areas about 8-10 times the size of Pve Areas in GW2. You can play in first person view and there are indoors areas. There is so much more lore than in GW, everything is voice acted. The trait and skill system is very complex and offer great variety. Network performance is better and graphics can be just stunning.

It has improved on a lot of concept that you will find in GW, like WvW siege is more varied and doesn’t take supplies. The WvW map is about 25 times the size of Eb in this game but it has more choke points.

Honestly I don’t think this “feature patch” is going to make me come back from ESO. Anet is going to have to provide new end-game content eventually. But without GvG this game PvP modes will start to look old in a few weeks.

Obviously ESO isn’t Guild Wars; jumping is a bit clunky and there are no combo fields, however the amount of content to explore is breathtaking.

what he said +1

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Doesn’t matter. This update is obviously timed to keep people looking at GW2 and from jumping on the launch day bandwagon of a competing title, especially when said title has a very comparable wvw system of it’s own. I’d suspect they would time it closer to the actual launch date if they could and are using progressive previews to build hype instead.

WoW is no different. They had Mists roll out at the same time as GW2 and have another expansion coming sometime in 2014 to likely combat ES:OL and WildStar.

We probably won’t see as big of an effort to one up WildStar as it has the same publisher and not as much overlap with GW2.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This Feature Pack: One of the goals, based on what anet is stating is to make the game easier for the new player to use and digest.

This is a very interesting statement, seeing as the dye and trait changes actually don’t benefit new players at all – quite the opposite, they make it harder for them.

WoW is no different. They had Mists roll out at the same time as GW2

It’s the opposite. GW2 launch date was moved forward due to Pandas. Which is a direct cause of some core problems and missing features we have in this game (game engine optimization, for example, was supposed to be one of the last steps done before launch. Which is why it’s still not done yet)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)