Are we supposed to get our preorder slot yet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bragdras.9572

Bragdras.9572

I grabbed the ultimate edition before Anet added a char slot to every tiers, but I don’t seem to have my second character slot yet, is it gonna come later down the line or was there a slight hiccup somewhere? Just making sure.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Deluxe or Ultimate slot you should have, the extra slot for being someone with the game before the January 23rd HoT announcement, no, not yet. As per announcement.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

The process of delivering your additional character slot will take us some time, but rest assured we will get it to you as soon as possible. We’ll provide more details about the specific timing soon.

Edit for clarity, I hope.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Yeah, you should get one slot for buying Deluxe or Ultimate right away, and a second slot on the way at some point in time.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

I pre-ordered Ultimate the day it became available. I registered the code the day the Community Address was published and had two new slots, the gems, the mini, and the other goodies within a day.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I pre-ordered Ultimate the day it became available. I registered the code the day the Community Address was published and had two new slots, the gems, the mini, and the other goodies within a day.

I think your second new slot is just for beta… you will get the normal one in coming weeks.

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

Deluxe or Ultimate slot you should have, the extra slot for being someone with the game before the January 23rd HoT announcement, no. As per announcement.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pre-purchase-community-address/

The process of delivering your additional character slot will take us some time, but rest assured we will get it to you as soon as possible. We’ll provide more details about the specific timing soon.

Veteran Player Appreciation

For our long-standing fans and loyal players, we would like to say thank you and show our appreciation. For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account. The process of delivering your additional character slot will take us some time, but rest assured we will get it to you as soon as possible. We’ll provide more details about the specific timing soon.

From the same link as you posted and it states that player that bought game prior (aka before) Jan 23th will have one more slot added when upgrading to expansion. Your sentence with a negative (“no”) in the end, is a bit misleading.

To OP:

When did you buy the original/core GW2 and which version (basic/standard or deluxe)?

Posted by: LunacyPolish.4602

LunacyPolish.4602

If you pre order the extra fancy xpac bundles your account gets immediately:

-1 char slot. I used it to reserve my Revenant’s name.
-1 beta slot.

The other char slot was added after the feedback so that should come later. Worked out perfect for me I will have one slot for each profession eventually.