Are wizards OP?

Are wizards OP?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

Lately I have been playing my wizard and doing wizard-only dungeon runs with other people, and it just seems to work way better than anything else.

We can just use Frost Bow in chain and with the rest of the abilities even Arah is a breeze.

So why do other classes even exist? Staff Wizards do more damage because of AoE and they’re a lot easier to play than anything else. I trust another player with a wizard more than I trust one with a Mesmer or a Guardian for example.

Same logic as with zerk gear. Other builds seem strange and people might be using them because of being noobs, therefore if I want efficiency and reliability I make zerk only wizard only dungeon runs.

Me: 4, A-net 0, Kal Spiro 1

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Lately I have been playing my wizard and doing wizard-only dungeon runs with other people, and it just seems to work way better than anything else.

We can just use Frost Bow in chain and with the rest of the abilities even Arah is a breeze.

So why do other classes even exist? Staff Wizards do more damage because of AoE and they’re a lot easier to play than anything else. I trust another player with a wizard more than I trust one with a Mesmer or a Guardian for example.

Same logic as with zerk gear. Other builds seem strange and people might be using them because of being noobs, therefore if I want efficiency and reliability I make zerk only wizard only dungeon runs.

Because what you just described sounds really boring?

No offense of course….

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The problem is that when the balrog event procs all the wizards get dragged down into lava and can’t respawn until the group’s been out of the dungeon for a while.

Are wizards OP?

Dawnbreaker.6215

The problem is that when the balrog event procs all the wizards get dragged down into lava and can’t respawn until the group’s been out of the dungeon for a while.

Usually I keep a sword in my inventory for that random event.

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

I agree. Wizards are far too op. My wizard does like twice as much damage As my other toons.

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Interesting… don’t think I have ever seen a wizard in the game. Is it a new profession that will come in HoT. Pretty sure it was only revenant we would be getting.

Anyways if you wanna go for zerger ele groups, its your choice, whatever floats your boat.
But it does not give you any points and the game would be pretty boring without the other professions. If anything A-Net gains points for having a game that allows you to play in zerger ele groups as you please while others can play their guardians, wariors, rangers, necros, etc. in various other types of groups if they so please.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

by wizard, are you talking about elemntalists?

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Should I feel bad, that on my ele, I have never used Frost Bow?

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Gandalf was pretty OP. Though Harry was the lead of the movies I found him to be a very poor wizard. Hermione was far superior.

Wait . . . we’re talking about gw2?

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Gandalf was pretty OP. Though Harry was the lead of the movies I found him to be a very poor wizard. Hermione was far superior.

Did you do that on purpose, or mistake?

Are wizards OP?

Dawnbreaker.6215

Never heard of “elementalists”, is that a new class?

I am certainly talking about wizards.

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Interesting… don’t think I have ever seen a wizard in the game. Is it a new profession that will come in HoT. Pretty sure it was only revenant we would be getting.

Anyways if you wanna go for zerger ele groups, its your choice, whatever floats your boat.
But it does not give you any points and the game would be pretty boring without the other professions. If anything A-Net gains points for having a game that allows you to play in zerger ele groups as you please while others can play their guardians, wariors, rangers, necros, etc. in various other types of groups if they so please.

by “zerger ele groups”
you mean groups with 5 eles with full clerics gear? :P

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Tip: Look at the OP last threads, they are are troll/funny topics, all quite good reads, specially the one where Kal Spiro got that 1 point

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

Yer a wizard harry!!!!

B O I N K

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

What the hell is a wizard? XD

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

How about Mages?

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

What the hell is a wizard? XD

It’s a practitioner of the magical arts. They tend to congregate in academies or schools in order to learn from wizards who have being doing it for a rather long time. They often come with beards and robes, in particular the male ones, who are usually the wizards. The female ones are often called witches, as this helps to work out who gets to grow the longest beard. Sometimes. Some have pointy hats. They may or may not catch steam trains to school. Some go to university, where the library is looked after by an orang-utan, who was a wizard once.

True story.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: LunacyPolish.4602

LunacyPolish.4602

Sometimes I love the internet. Especially when there are wizards involved.

Are wizards OP?

Dawnbreaker.6215

Tip: Look at the OP last threads, they are are troll/funny topics, all quite good reads, specially the one where Kal Spiro got that 1 point

Kal Spiro got his point in the scoreboard here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-does-Anet-assume-only-nordics-have-beer/first#post5077881

Scroll down from there.

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

So a wizard is a Mesmer why didn’t you say so. Standard Wizard stuff invisibility check , illusions check and Changing one thing into another check. I don’t recall Mesmer having Ice bows. Elementalist do, Ele use the 4 elements in various ways.
They don’t use potions or talisman. The 4 elements are ever present one need only attune to them to use them.

ELe and Wizard are very different creatures. I don’t know how one could confuse the two one is more of a science the other an art.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Are wizards OP?

Dawnbreaker.6215

So a wizard is a Mesmer why didn’t you say so. Standard Wizard stuff invisibility check , illusions check and Changing one thing into another check. I don’t recall Mesmer having Ice bows. Elementalist do, Ele use the 4 elements in various ways.
They don’t use potions or talisman. The 4 elements are ever present one need only attune to them to use them.

ELe and Wizard are very different creatures. I don’t know how one could confuse the two one is more of a science the other an art.

No man, a wizard is a wizard and nothing else. They can use a sword, a staff, or nun chucks. Their signature ability is solar flare, which blinds enemies, and they happen to have a Frost Bow.

Like, what game are you even playing? This is GW2 we are talking about here man.

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

I put on my wizard hat and robe

Why does no one remember memes from the 90s?

Teh Ouchies

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I put on my wizard hat and robe

Why does no one remember memes from the 90s?

People are either too old and the memory is failing or are too young and simply wasn’t there.
I’m in the too old case, I’m an “80’s” kid haha

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

True RPers only roll Illusionists…..silly wizard!

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

by “zerger ele groups”
you mean groups with 5 eles with full clerics gear? :P

Op was talking about zerker wizard groups. I don’t actually know what people run, was only going by the op.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Did you do that on purpose, or mistake?

Of course I did it by mistake. There’s no sarcasm on the internet. :S

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Wizards certainly are OP… can you imagine having to install all of your programmes without one?

Note: this is probably the first time I’ve ever heard somebody call an ele a wizard. Mage- yeah, understandable. But surely all magic-using classes could be described as wizards? That means that necros, mesmers, eles and guardians could be considered wizards. Revenants and druid-rangers might also count in the near future.

So that would leave just thieves, engis and warriors as non-magic-non-wizard classes, by my calculation.

Now we just need a comparison of these two groups to see who really is more OP.

Of course I did it by mistake. There’s no sarcasm on the internet. :S

what… really?!

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Note: this is probably the first time I’ve ever heard somebody call an ele a wizard.

OP isn’t. He is trolling/trying to be funny (and failing). Look at his other posts in this thread and his post history.

The Burninator

Are wizards OP?

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

The hidden Magi Warrior class is where its at. We’re OP to the core. Magic + Heavy Armor + Swords/Greatswords.

We’re Warriors + Elementalists. We’re UNSTOPPABLE. _