Are you going for a legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stelleriath.3829

Stelleriath.3829

I’m not going for legendary because there is only one skin for each type of weapon (except GS) and, with most of the weapons, there is another skin I like better. Anyway, if I had the money to get a legendary, I would spend it on loads of gems which I would then exchange for character slots (as I strongly prefer leveling to endgame, you see).

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

I want the legendary weapons simply because of how they look, they are the most epic looking weapons I have seen in any mmo to date, so much detail and fx(a few in peticular). Im talking my time and making most of my money on playing the trading post so I can actually enjoy the game.

Im currently working on the juggernaut, have been since January when I got the colossus in the mystic forge. Eventually I’ll be working on sunrise and flameseeker prophecies, I likely wont be starting them until the precursor is easier to get.

I’m currently working on getting as many t6 mats and molten lodestones as I can take befor giving up and spending my cash. I’m averaging 100 of each t6 mat, have exchanged about 10 charged lodestones for 40 molten(60 in total now) on trading post and have already made 77 clovers.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

(edited by Edenwolf.6328)

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

No. At this rate, the legendary’s will become more common then decent/hard to get exotics. While they will be flashier in appearance, they will become more common at this rate. I’ve seen dozens of people with Twilight/Sunrise, but maybe 1 other person with Corrupted Avenger (sword I use). So I’m happy.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

No. Not now, not in a month or in 2 years. Crap that makes me waste all my money, 100% map a brain dead word isn’t for me, no thanks.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Lyenyo.2891

Lyenyo.2891

I’m still going for mine…slowly.

I’ve tried about 100 attempts in the forge to make the precursor with no luck, and I only have about 60 of each t6 material.. they are about 30silver each on the broker!

I guarantee that by the time I get mine, they will release a new/better set of legendaries.

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Legendaries are September 2012.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Pass. Most of the models are pretty bad anyway. It’s hard enough to even have one character in decent gear in this game, I don’t need a legendary to magnify that effect.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

If you want one go for it, they are still a fairly rare sight.
I’m not going for them since I don’t like any of the current ones. If they add some new ones and there is one I really like I might but I’d still probably only go for it if I happen to find a precursor.

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Going for a Bifrost at.

Progress:

Gift of Mastery: Complete.

Some of the materials.

Crying myself to sleep at night. Check.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I kinda see where you are coming from…I consider myself hardcore, but can only dedicate about 10-12 hours a week playing the game…give or take and wanna say I have been grinding since November, so I guess I would call myself casual core. I have just about enough gold to buy everything I don’t have for the gifts minus a few SP’s and world completion. The precursor will take the longest to get and by the time I can afford one there will be a hell of a lot more people with them or the scavenger hunt will be out and again, there will be a hell of a lot more people with them.

But they won’t make me change my mind about getting at all, why? Because the one I want (Twilight) IMHO, is the most epic weapon I have seen any game I have played. WHEN I get one, I will not matter if a couple dozen people around me have one, because I will have one of the most epic weapons I have ever seen.

So if you want one, you think its the best weapon you have ever seen, then go for it. Because no matter what game you play…there will TONS of people the the stuff you think is awesome.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I am not interested in legendaries. It’s just not obtainable for me. ^^
Maybe if the right precursor would drop.. but until then I do not think about getting a certain legendary.

I am more interested in some other stuff like the anomaly.. it’s expensive enough, but somehow doable..

But I do not concentrate in creating one, just when I have all the mats I need for it, I will do it.

^^

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m going for a couple of them (kill me now).

I’m going for the Predator, because the Hunter dropped for me during the Karka event. Then, when the preview came into the Marketplace and I could see the others, I decided I had to have Kraitkin, even though it’s a trident and no one else will likely ever see it.

But it has snakes. Moving, writhing, twisting snakes. It’s the only lengedary that I looked at and felt I had to have. Fortunately the precusor was only 29 gold on the trading post.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

nope, not when the weapons I like that you make with loadstones look better than the legendary themselves. Not to mention some of them cost more than legendary needing 350 charged loadstones @ over 3 gold a piece is a pretty penny.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

my legendary hunt was ruining gw2 for me. I was going for the juggernaut, but I gave up because saving up for the precursor and rest of the t6 mats was so ridiculous and daunting, especially with how much DR is in this game. Farming COF and cursed shore for the next couple of months was not how I wanted to play the game.

I had gift of quick silver and metal mats farmed (no recipe)
about 75 of each t6 mat
77 clovers
80 ectos
gift of mastery

and I decided to sell it all. Ended up buying 2 new sets of exotic gear to play with, exotic jewelry, some t3 cultural armor, got corrupted sledgehammer instead, and now I’ve put the rest to crafting foefire. No regrets.

(edited by station.6421)

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Legendaries were a goal of mine early on. Then I discovered the PvP requirement for them and had to shelve the idea permanently.

Posted by: jarikm.5961

jarikm.5961

I finished the three base items for the Predator a couple of days ago and got the precursor out of the mystic toilet. But, I’m waiting for a guild event on the 30th to make it.

The Legendary is, I feel, put in the game for those grind hard dye hards who like pursuing the unattainable goal. I don’t feel your experience with the game should revolve around one. Though with enough time the way it is setup everyone should have the opportunity to make one.

Probably the greater part of the population will never make one and that is ok. It is purely a vanity item afterall. Had I not gotten titanically lucky at the toilet (I got the Hunter on the third set of four rifles,) I would never have undertaken it. But, having played MMOs since the EQ alpha test, I have never, and I mean, not ever, gotten ‘the drop’. So once I got it I almost felt I was obligated.

If you pursue it I recommend you grind and sell stuff. If you stand around trying to farm any lodestone you’re going to be old and grey before you get them all. Same goes for the precursors; we have one poor chap in guild who has put 1400 staffs in with no Legend.

Humorously, I got my second precursor out of the Teq chest last night.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

3 gifts for bifrost done, been waiting for Precursor for about 2 months now. all i need left.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Yup, I got Dawn in mf (zommoros has been good to me) and have been slowly working towards sunrise. (I will never, though, ever after making sunrise make any weapon that uses charged lodestones those things are bottle necked and take too long to farm due to areas being contested.)

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

Nope. I don’t want one.

I like my plain ol’ weapons. They get the job done just fine.

Not wanting a legendary saves me from a lot of grind + RNG silliness.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Not going for a legendary weapon at this time. I loathe the mystic toilet RNG. The grind is pretty bad, but acceptable. It’s the RNG that kills it for me.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

The biggest detractor for making a legendary for me is the fact they will release new ones, along with the fact they may change the way to obtain precursors (scavenger hunt) and even reduce the needed materials etc.
Not going to waste that much on legendaries just to discover I wasted 1000 more gold than I should have three months from now.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

No, I don’t think the skins are worth the amount of gold/mats/grind. If I happen to drop a precursor I will probably sell it. The only thing I farm for are better stats and a variety of different gear with those better stats so I can have fun trying dozens of different builds on all my toons.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

The legendary skins aren’t anything special, so I’m not aiming for one. Now for ascended gear, its better than exotic so I actually am going for full ascended gear.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

No. If the scavenger hunt is fun and good then I might think about it. At the moment i’m thinking if running some karma boons, openiong up 60 jugs with the 600K karma already in bank and buying those orian chests.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Yumiya.3951

Yumiya.3951

Nope. I main a Ranger, and I hate the legendary bows.
I have an alt that uses a greatsword, but though I like several of the legendary greatswords, they’re just not worth the trouble to get them imho.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

It’s funny how everyone hates the idea of improving the way precursors are obtained (making it easier to get) because they have Z0MG 3-6 LEGENDARIES!!!11.

Fun fact: They need to improve chances of getting precursors and lower the chances for further precursors (2nd, 3rd, etc), this will surely make people shut up; the way it is now is the most horrible implementation of a legendary hunt, and don’t tell me it’s just about “item quality”, their skins stand for what they are as being the overall top skins for weapons in the frigging game.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer