Are you going to kill UW content and combat?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

UW = Under Water.

I know this is not the most famous aspect in GW2, but the reality is that this game has the BEST underwater content / combat when compared to ANY other MMO.

I have seen how slowly but surely ANET has stop updating it; Personally, I loooooove all the maps that have water and land.

Please ANET, don’t let water content die…. THINK OF THE QUAGGAN!!! AND ALL THE BABY QUAGGAN!!! \\(0__O )\\

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

They’re not likely to, as it’d be a major overhaul of the PvE area.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I adore this game. I spent there nearly 7000 hours. I spent thousands of dollars on it. But I’ll leave it as soon as it happens.
Not because it’s SO important. But because it is the clearest symbol of rejection of the original ideas for which I chose this game.
The fact that they do not add any new skins UW makes me really sad. They can just simply copy it: trident = staff, harpoon gun = rifle. But even this is not done…

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

The best reason they are avoiding underwater combat is because they don’t want to balance it. Rather than making it so that 1 or 2 classes don’t dominate underwater they removed an entire PvP map. It is just sad. Underwater combat had great potential but they didn’t want to put the work in.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

If by “work” you mean “available time and resources”, you’re probably correct.

Simple painful truth time… “tweaking” something that players don’t like rarely works, and there’s been a LOT of complaints about underwater combat. In nearly all cases, it’s better to simply cut it entirely (possibly rebuilding an alternative from scratch down the road) rather than try and fiddle with what isn’t working.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Underwater combat is slowly being left behind because of one main reason:

It is confusing and hard to manage for players that have poor spatial orientation and a poor capacity to move in a 3d environment. Which is most of GW2’s players.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

I seriously hope there are some underwater caves between the roots of the jungle, they want to make maps have layers, well underwater is one of those.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

It also deprives most (all but engi) of the skills they’re used to relying on/are most skilled at using. It’s basically like somehow turning into a different class you’re not familiar with.

if anything i think the solution is to create a pure water map, where all the significant combat takes place underwater – like an underwater silverwastes.

give people the incentive to learn and use their underwater skills and it won’t be so unfamiliar and there’ll be a lot more feedback to aid balance.