Are you happy with the diversity in GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

When the game was launched there were a lot more options, combinations, and legitimate ways to play around with ideas. Over time that has been reduced on purpose to help streamline things, you can’t stack sigils, the rune rework, the trait rework reducing the number of options, some simplifications to classes, etc.

I do not mind the direction the game is going in. I do wish the game was more diverse because that is what I paid for but I still play from time to time and the game has its merits and whatnot. I’m just curious about the more regular players: Are you happy with the diversity in the game? Do you wish there was more? Or even less?

What would you change along those lines?

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Sort of. I don’t think there’s much less diversity now then there was before. Yes, previously you could put 9 points into a trait line just to be different(10 points was when you got the first major trait), but the number of viable builds wasn’t much higher than it is now. Many of the reworks streamlined the game in a good way: they trimmed the fat without losing any complexity.

The only thing I’m a bit displeased with is the current inability to use more than 3 trait lines. I wish ANet let you choose 7-9 “steps” (minor+major trait) from the available lines freely. Additionally, I don’t like how some classes are almost forced to use their elite specs. Mesmer is a good example of that. It feels like ANet added Chrono as a band-aid instead of fixing Mesmer’s issues.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’d prefer more diversity, as in more options that are comparable in different circumstances. That’s why I don’t agree that there used to be a lot more diversity in the game before. Most of the options that have since disappeared either didn’t play differently or were so inferior as to not warrant consideration.

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Not really. And on top of the lack of diversity the people are supressing it even more with their stupid “meta” kitten.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

People have been doing meta builds since the game came out.
Now you can just make less terrible builds which is a good thing.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

I’m quite happy with how the trait selecting has evolved.

I’d prefer runes and sigils to be just as easy to swap, since they play an important part of a build and it’s not just about swapping traits over. It’s quite unfortunate that legendary weapons have an easy stat swap without an easy sigil swap to go with it and legendary armour will only exacerbate that issue.

Certain sigils still stack, like fire/air of different tiers. I mean you can stack a minor air with a major air and have them both proc and use independent cooldowns, a test you can run for a few silver. Other sigils like accuracy don’t stack, as expected.

I’d like to see more food diversity, by which I mean food that’s at a decent price and quite easy to make. It seems as if most foods since the core game are overly difficult to make, like taking 20 of a rare ingredient for a 30 minute buff.

The other issue I have with foods is that the single condi foods need a buff. The all-condi foods have their place (rare veggie pizza etc), but the single condi foods are worse. It’s like they should buff the duration and effectiveness of that single condi to give the speciality food something over the general food.

My 2c.