´Are you one in a million?`

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chrises Assa.1264

Chrises Assa.1264

So…

6 Months ago, Arenanet challenged us to reach 1,000,000 likes on the Guild Wars 2 Facebook page.

The blogpost Are You One in a Million had tempted us with juicy in-game rewards such as a special achievement , a communal boost bonfire , a boost for 24 hours of 200% Magic Find and coins from kills and 3 consumable Fireworks.

We´re at 999,851.

A few hours ago, ~RB2 replied to a comment asking for the rewards. This was the answer: We might have a little something up our sleeve. ~RB2

Attachments:

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

No.

Don’t do facebook.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

meh, I already liked their page since day 1 I knew about it. This is coming from someone who has a “serious” facebook where I dont particularly enjoy the thought of other people knowing I play videogames. I did it simply because at the end of the day I do like the game and Im sure most people in my facebook dont give a rat’s rear end if I play video games, all I care is to be kept informed with streams, patches, fan-made stuff, and any random status it might pop up (although I refrain from posting in those too often)

I’m glad the facebook community is growing and just seeing new players running around in the game is more than enough reward for me, after all, the mai reason I play this game is to play with others.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I don’t like anything on facebook or many of the people on it for that matter. So no I am not.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Can you have facebook show a graph that shows likes over time? That might be interesting.

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Can you have facebook show a graph that shows likes over time? That might be interesting.

Yes you can but i think you can see it only if you own the page it is not public, i think.

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

nope, don’t do RedTwitFace …

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Posted by: zach.1847

zach.1847

Is this going to become a serious topic?
Will GW2 be…
like2win?!

:D

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Once again, goes to prove how out of touch ANet is with their playerbase.

Do you really think any of us neckbeards use facebook?

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Once again, goes to prove how out of touch ANet is with their playerbase.

Do you really think any of us neckbeards use facebook?

I do, and I like it.

It’s another way for them to communicate with the playerbase, and they respond to people quite often.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

precursor or not interested

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Posted by: Woohaaa.2136

Woohaaa.2136

Got the millionth like, now gief price! :P

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m glad they’re doing this personally. It really annoyed me when they set a specific deadline (end of July), the target wasn’t met and so many people were demanding the rewards anyway.

It’s not exactly the same but rewarding everyone for hitting the target months after the deadline would seem like giving in to those demands to me.

Plus it saves having to read all the topics complaining about the free reward not being good enough.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Woohaaa.2136

Woohaaa.2136

Don’t really care either if there would be a reward or not, but would not complain if i got one

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Maybe its just me but it screams the game is dying when they come out and say there will be no reward.

There seems to be a HUGE issue with money at Arena.net…. They always seem to be lacking funds to do anything.

Danikat.8537

Maybe its just me but it screams the game is dying when they come out and say there will be no reward.

There seems to be a HUGE issue with money at Arena.net…. They always seem to be lacking funds to do anything.

What are you expecting as a reward if you think the cost would be an issue?

The items listed in the first post are all existing in-game objects, except the achievement which should be easy to create using the existing system. All it’d take is one person typing out a short mail, attaching the items and setting a computer to send it out using the in-game equivalent of mail merge (which we know they can already do because they send mass mails all the time).

It’d take an intern less than an hour and cost Anet nothing more than their salary for that time, a few dollars at most.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

So basically, you’re taking from the fact that the deadline for the thing was over 5 months ago, that the reason they aren’t giving any prizes out is because of money…

I don’t think you’re considering the fact that if they did reach the 1mil likes before the deadline, then they’d have had to provide what they said they would.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

(edited by TheDaiBish.9735)

Danikat.8537

Even if they do give anything it won’t be for a week or so at least. It’s Christmas Eve, all non-essential Anet staff are off until after New Years, and I suspect those who do have to work are doing minimal hours for essential things like checking the servers are running and checking urgent support emails.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I think it made them look bad by presenting that goal and not coming anywhere close to meeting it. With that, I would never have expected them to still give out rewards.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Nope. Don’t do Mytwitfacetube -.-

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Yes, I’m one of those who liked the page for quite a while already.

And I really don’t know how someone would actually EXPECT them to give out a prize for reaching a set goal months after the deadline.

Anyway; congratulations to 1 million likes! Oh, and merry christmas!

^^

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Arena.net sets a goal and a deadline. The goal is met 5 months after the deadline. People are furious that they aren’t getting a reward for not making the deadline.

Makes sense. Ya gotta believe me.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I clicked a link and a button, please reward me for that …

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I think it made them look bad by presenting that goal and not coming anywhere close to meeting it. With that, I would never have expected them to still give out rewards.

Even if they hit it they’d reward all who participated with a green and some bloodstone dust.

kokiman.2364

Even if they hit it they’d reward all who participated with a green and some bloodstone dust.

But that’s not true, we already knew what the rewards were.

GuildWars 2

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

A blue and bloodstone dust?

kokiman.2364

A blue and bloodstone dust?

By the time they made that challenge we didn’t even have bloodstone dust.

GuildWars 2

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’m pretty sure I did. I have no interest in Facebook whatsoever though (or twitter).
I’d rather like them on their own website. ;o

The only reason I have a facebook account was to get Tristana and her riot costume for free in LoL ages ago. ;s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

No, begging for likes is like being the drunk, scantly clad girl at a party seeking acceptance and looking for attention. It’s sad. So no, I never like anything unless I’m 100% sure I really do like it.

Saturn.6591

No, begging for likes is like being the drunk, scantly clad girl at a party seeking acceptance and looking for attention. It’s sad. So no, I never like anything unless I’m 100% sure I really do like it.

They weren’t begging for likes. They just said if they reach one million in a certain amount of time, they’ll celebrate it with a little giveaway for everyone. That’s all.

Also, since you’re playing this game and reading and posting in the forum, I assume you like Guild Wars 2. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here… or would you?

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

They weren’t begging for likes. They just said if they reach one million in a certain amount of time, they’ll celebrate it with a little giveaway for everyone. That’s all.

Also, since you’re playing this game and reading and posting in the forum, I assume you like Guild Wars 2. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here… or would you?

Who said I didn’t like the game? Can you point out to me where I said that? I gave an opinion on what it takes for me to like something on a social media site. Most of these “like” contests are indeed begging fests, go look on youtube at the people that try really hard to get likes. I rarely like anything 100% as in I am 100% completely and utterly satisfied to the point that my mind is blown and therefore want to log into something I use once a year to “like” something. I enjoy the game, it’s far from perfect but it’s fun, soon as it stops you won’t see me on forums here.

Saturn.6591

Well, since the question was “are you one in a million” and you replied “no…… because I don’t like stuff I don’t 100% like”, I got a bit confused. I mean, you playing and all but not really liking it… but now with the additional info that you almost never use Facebook, it makes a lot more sense. ^^

And yes, I’m well aware of those like-junkies. They are just pathetic. But what arenanet did is something completely different, and in no way even remotely similar to those like-junkies. It wasn’t a “pleeeeaaaaaaaasse like us, we give you cookies if you do!”, it was a “let’s see if we can get 1 million until then; if we do we’ll celebrate it a bit (and if not, it doesn’t really matter)”.

(edited by Saturn.6591)