Arena, Please Disable Temple Defend Events

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

Hi Arena,

The Temple defend has been getting more and more annoying. To a point, It brings back my feelings of stopping this game, if arena allows this.

We have players that complain they have too much dragonite ore, and just because of that, they can ruin everyone’s Dwayna/Lyssa event. Little did he/she know she needs to refine it, and need 5 ingot to make one piece.

And to min-max a character/play-style for different situations, you have to make at least 2-3 sets of weapons with different sigils and stats.

Please bring back the old Server. Drop the mega server. Else make sure tie up the loose ends on major events. Or Give us alternative way to get decent dragonite ore. we can forget about world boss (lowlevel) drops are too pathetic to be bothered vs time wasted. The more annoying thing is all the temples start same time.

With the Orichalcum gw2nodes not working now, I don’t even bother to come to this map. And when I am here. its annoying to see players like those.

We see more annoying players and trolls. Sometimes its just type-2 noobs.

(edited by UmbraVictor.9842)

Posted by: serapheles.5409

serapheles.5409

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to succeed a defend event. Instead of making it desirable to let an event fail so you can do the recapture event, they should make it more desirable to have the event succeed. Usually I would say this would be to make the defend event better, but I think in this instance it may be preferable to instead add an alternative that reduces the reliance on the re-capture event.

The Random Number Gods are nothing if not predictable.
Crafting is designed for gear accessibility, not profit.

Posted by: DiazKincade.2891

DiazKincade.2891

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to succeed a defend event. Instead of making it desirable to let an event fail so you can do the recapture event, they should make it more desirable to have the event succeed. Usually I would say this would be to make the defend event better, but I think in this instance it may be preferable to instead add an alternative that reduces the reliance on the re-capture event.

If they made the defend events comparably difficult to the recapture event and allow the defend event to count for “daily reward” of that temple it would be fine in my opinion. This would be a better alternative to removing them all together. I’d rather see the statues stay inactive rather than having to fight past lyssa or melandru statues all the time. (The other statues are just annoying but not that difficult.)

lvl80{Insert Class Here} Current main: Meana Mischeif-Mesmer

UmbraVictor.9842

Doing that event, achieve nothing. You get less. You waste more of your time and other people’s time.

You do not get Dragonite Ore. You do not get the chest. which is repeatable on every single characters you have.

UmbraVictor.9842

If they made the defend events comparably difficult to the recapture event and allow the defend event to count for “daily reward” of that temple it would be fine in my opinion. This would be a better alternative to removing them all together. I’d rather see the statues stay inactive rather than having to fight past lyssa or melandru statues all the time. (The other statues are just annoying but not that difficult.)

Diazkincade, That would be sensible and mature answer. maybe half the reward. As its, the statue aura or their debuffs are still on.

I need to block seraph. So I hope in new patch, of mega server. we avoid these type of players.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Doing that event, achieve nothing. You get less. You waste more of your time and other people’s time.

You do not get Dragonite Ore. You do not get the chest. which is repeatable on every single characters you have.

Waste of time depends on what the player is doing the event for.

Not everyone plays the games for the reward. Or cares how quickly they get to the best gear in the game.

And in open world PvE, short of Teq and Wurm and the Pavillion, how I want to play does not need to take into consideration how others want to play as long as I’m not breaking any rules of the game to do so.

DiazKincade.2891

Diazkincade, That would be sensible and mature answer. maybe half the reward. As its, the statue aura or their debuffs are still on.

I need to block seraph. So I hope in new patch, of mega server. we avoid these type of players.

The statue auras rarely effect the main recapture event. If they did everyone would be perma crippled during Melandru. Or perma stunned/confused during Lyssa. If they made the defends as difficult as the recaptures I don’t see why full credit shouldn’t be awarded. (As for grenth and Dwayna well those don’t do that much in the grand scheme of things and I don’t recall if they were in effect during the fight with their respective priests/esses.)

UmbraVictor.9842

Not everyone plays the games for the reward. Or cares how quickly they get to the best gear in the game.

And in open world PvE, short of Teq and Wurm and the Pavillion, how I want to play does not need to take into consideration how others want to play as long as I’m not breaking any rules of the game to do so.

Totally agree with you. Which is why Mega server is a bad idea when we mix tier-1 servers with rock bottom tier servers. BAD IDEA on mega server.

ArcheAge. Take my money.

DiazKincade.2891

Totally agree with you. Which is why Mega server is a bad idea when we mix tier-1 servers with rock bottom tier servers. BAD IDEA on mega server.

ArcheAge. Take my money.

Mega servers were designed to get people to play in under populated zones. To that effect it worked flawlessly. It just needs tweaks for the already higher pop zones.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Pretty much this. Would be nice to have a red post chime in, but this seems more like the thing we’ll only find out about while carefully reading through some future patch notes.