Arena-net please listen to us?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

I know that a lot of people are rude, and they are just utterly demeaning and some dont even understand the game or the lore. Some just want everything handed to them and see no need to try hard, which is wrong in all standards of life. But then there are people who want new races which are already present in the lore, people with specialization ideas and story ideas. There are people who can tell you whats wrong with ~ insert name of class here~ and how to fix it. Im not trying to be rude but you guys should listen to some of these people, i feel like they deserve it as loyal fans.

With that said, anyone who has any ideas no matter how weird post away! Get this thread into the more popular threads where the devs will be interested to take a look, that way they can see all of our wonderful or maybe not so wonderful ideas. This saves time for them and makes it easy for us, work with each other and build on one another’s potential ideals. I know you guys have cool stuff to say, i read it everyday when i look through the forums but putting up a single thread is not going to get this done. So why not make a thread that just has all of them.

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

I like the way you say that. But really, The devs. do see all of our [Suggestion] marked threads and they take them seriously… No, we don’t want them to spend time on replying… We would much rather them just take the thread to the table or throw it away… As suggesters, we don’t care about a reply, we just know they see it, because hey, they implement things on occasion…

I am absolutely sure they read this thread before making the Elite socializations
Though its very much not the same, there is a lot of elements from it.
I still hope they will take another look at the textiles part of it though xD

If you look through the gw1 forums, you’ll notice that A LOT of the things we find normal in gw2, are suggestions to gw1.
They see us, they read us, and they implement things after thinking and working it through properly… Sure, they don’t reply, but who needs to listen to reply when we know we’re being listened to?

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Thornwolf.9721

I guess ill go first.

I have always loved martial arts, and i feel as though it would be a great fit for guild wars 2. The warrior having the prime base we need could work perfectly to step away from simple strikes, to a more intricate and well powerful role. This being the next eliet spec for them should focus on two things, damage raw and unhindered meshing perfectly with their already easily applicable and unused potential for tanking. As well as the self sustain to carry them to easily the best for holding agro, as well supporting their friends.

The Monk: This specialization is focused on brutally smashing your foes with combo streaks that grow ever larger, while also granting agile focus on staying on the target. Crow control heavy and ready for the front-lines, monks come with three potential spec-lines that can be useful in combat.

The Destroyer: The top row of traits are the raw dps that just keeps coming for more, offering perks to keep you in the fray for longer while constantly pushing out burst aoe damage. These traits will make you faster, make you able to get out quicker and have faster reaction time making you able to keep up and in some cases over power your enemy’s. This trait-line is more malevolent and based around the idea of crushing your foes, the dark intention is in the list below.

Destruction: Upon being struck you reflect 10% of the damage dealt to you, boosted to 20% when struck with conditions.

Titan’s Wrath: Upon being rooted three sets of shock-waves emit from the player, knocking back enemy’kitten by them.

Devastating Strikes: Your blows now pierce and hit multiple targets in a cone in-front of you for three to four feet.

Lambs to the Slaughter: When a foe is half health or lower gain a buff that gives you speed, and deal 25% more damage to the victim. You are also granted 25% run speed increase while having this tactic active as a passive benefit.

Mesatsu: If you are under the threshold (90%) when you kill an enemy, shout gaining health regeneration and ferocity. This also fears enemy’s near you when you finish off opponents

The Savior: The middle trait-line is focused on healing while TAKING damage, the more damage you take equals out to the more healing you push out for your party. When a Monk is running this build it is important to focus them last to ensure the win, if you do so with their team up you are going to have a bad time. This trait line being more benevolent granting boons, and being used heavily for team support on the front lines.

Traits:
Ever onward: When taking damage burst heal for 5% of all damage taken for each hit received, a bonus 10% for condition damage.

Never falter: For each potential CC placed upon you, you gain might, ferocity, quickness and stability while also breaking your part members out of the CC.

Death before Dishonor: Upon death create a healing field around you that causes regeneration and continues to pulse with burst healing for five seconds.

Vangaurds ascension: Upon hitting fifty percent health shout and burst burst heal allies with all enemy’s in earshot gaining fear.

Vigilance: Grants the player the ability upon dieing to remain on the battlefield as a specter with full use of their utilities for four seconds. Upon finally dieing the specter explodes dealing damage in a 360 aoe bubble around the specter.

Warden: This trait-line is based around the premises of protecting you friends and holding off your foes, those trained in this portion of the spec are hard to kill. And hard to separate from their team, alone they are hard pressed to defeat multiple foes. But together with their team they can easily pave the way to victory if played properly.

Traits:
Wardens Gaze: Upon entering combat gain retaliation and stability while granting your friends protection and applying weakness to nearby foes.

No one left behind: Upon using a CC based ability grant swiftness to your allies nearest you, while also taunting your foe.

Hide of Dragons: Your flesh hardens and for every hit you take you are granted regeneration equal to the number of damage you would of taken from each strike. When conditions are applied during the duration, you cleanse yourself and allies .

Slayers Prize: Beneficial buffs last 25% longer while debuffs last 25% less, at 50% health you are granted immunity to damage for five seconds.

Enlightenment: You permanently are granted a passive 10% damage reduction, once dropped below 50% health this increases to 20% reduction with empowerment.

Weapon: Fist weapons((please)) or Bo-staff. The skills would depend on what you choose to give them, i feel fists would be cooler to make them have more of the offensive feel.

Utilities:

Healing skill:
Battle-scars: Leap upwards into the air while taking a stance, once in the stance be granted a break bar and gain health as you are shielded from damage. All damage done is redirected as healing for yourself and allies in pulsations of AoE heals equal to 5% of the intended damage. The other 5% of the damage is reflected back onto the attacker which also applies a stack of torment for each attack mitigated.

Utilities 7-9:

Blitz-spear: Teleport to a foe and open into them with a ten striked attack, this attack scales in damage for each hit successfully landed. Each strike applying a stack of weakness while also causing bleeding.

Roundhouse kick: Launch a devastating kick at your foe that will knock them prone, while providing swiftness to yourself.

Oni’s Demise: Launch you foe into the air and attack them with a flurry of blows, dealing extra damage while they are in the air. After five strikes appear above them and spin punch them back to the ground, knocking back any enemy’s below.

Elite Skill:

Ruination: Dash forward while taking a stance and deliver flurry of strikes from all sides, dashing through your foe and dealing extra damage for all enemy’s around you. If the attack should hit multiple foes rather than one, the burst pull at the end will pull enemy’s together and cause an explosion at their feet. (( negated entirely if dodge of course, with a limit of five enemys.))

F2/F3 ability:

Wrath: Taking your adrenaline to the next level you push past your limits and fine yourself granted with empowerment, ferocity, stability and retaliation. Like wise you are unable to be critically hit while your Wrath is in use, once however the timer runs out and it is expended you suffer minor fatigue. This skill has a 15 second timer from when it ends to when it can be activated again, as well your F2 abilties become single target damage dealers like no other. This increases their effectiveness against a single target and makes them a gap closer, making it easier to finish off your foes before they escape.

Thornwolf.9721

I like the way you say that. But really, The devs. do see all of our [Suggestion] marked threads and they take them seriously… No, we don’t want them to spend time on replying… We would much rather them just take the thread to the table or throw it away… As suggesters, we don’t care about a reply, we just know they see it, because hey, they implement things on occasion…

I am absolutely sure they read this thread before making the Elite socializations

If you look through the gw1 forums, you’ll notice that A LOT of the things we find normal in gw2, are suggestions to gw1.
They see us, they read us, and they implement things after thinking and working it through properly… Sure, they don’t reply, but who needs to listen to reply when we know we’re being listened to?

That does not mean we should not pool our ideas together into one thread and make it easier to access for them rather than a bunch of split off sub-threads with bickering. But i hear you and agree, i dont need a response i just want people to know there is a place for their ideas to be heard.

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

Can’t hear us over the sound of cash counter and Colin screaming on Reddit

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

That does not mean we should not pool our ideas together into one thread and make it easier to access for them rather than a bunch of split off sub-threads with bickering. But i hear you and agree, i dont need a response i just want people to know there is a place for their ideas to be heard.

I’m afraid that it may become a mess though. People always have responses to ideas. It’ll become a mess if people build all ideas together in one thread.
However, if everyone Link their ideas to the thread and none get to reply directly in it, this might be a good plan.

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

1.A 10 man battleground modeled after Voidstar with needed channeling to progress. Each team would have their side and try preventing each other from progressing.

2.Also a 20 man per side battleground like Alterac Valley with choke points each side can take advantage of and involves NPC kills. If not NPCs then channeling at a base. The team decides amont themselves who is going to be on offense and defense. The first team to reach a score of 500 or kill lord/channel wins. So technically the score can be 400-100 but the side with 100 wins if the side with 400 all decided to AFK. There would also be traps and mounts (getting knocked off would result in a 3 second stun after breaking the mount’s break bar)

Points awarded for NPC kills on Foefire and Forest are reduced in half.

Thornwolf.9721

Well keep the ideas coming guys, link them or respond with them. Lets keep this thing going so people get interested,i do like the idea of a 20 man battle ground.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

This thread looked like a cry for attention but it seems there is some decent content here, so I guess I’ll post two ideas.

A working free for all and team deathmatch option.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Thornwolf.9721

This thread looked like a cry for attention but it seems there is some decent content here, so I guess I’ll post two ideas.

that sounds like it could be alot of fun.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I think Elites should be account bound… It would really help out WvW players who have 17 or more toons.

WvW maybe get a PvP template? Or all Elites unlocked similar to PvP in WvW?

What ever the case, it really sucks being in a PvP environment where my enemies and myself are sub-par because we dislike PvE grinding Elite skills, we are after all in a PvP environment and it makes no sense to punish PvP focused players for it.

(I run Daredevil in WvW, most people I come across are strill grinding elites, maxed out Daredevil vs a Tempest with only 20 points invested is not a fun fight at all for either side)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Thornwolf.9721

I think Elites should be account bound… It would really help out WvW players who have 17 or more toons.

What ever the case, it really sucks being in a PvP environment where my enemies and myself are sub-par because we dislike PvE grinding Elite skills, we are after all in a PvP environment and it makes no sense to punish PvP focused players for it.

I agree fully, it would be beneficial to the players to grant them their skills similarly to the pvp lobby.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

that sounds like it could be alot of fun.

uh oh, u sayd the f word… u just lost anet’s attention.

start a new thread to get the convo again.

sidenote.. i agree 100

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

What, in PvE?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

(I run Daredevil in WvW, most people I come across are strill grinding elites, maxed out Daredevil vs a Tempest with only 20 points invested is not a fun fight at all for either side)

WvW getting an sPvP template does sound good at first but if that happens the PvE content is completely obsolete since you’re no longer required to PvE in order to obtain ascended gear and then skins to look cool. The current system of WvW is fine on that front since it gives PvE meaning and purpose. WvW does need some big changes though to avoid empty maps. Maybe add a map with more environmental factors so a smaller side could still choke a larger zerg like what happened in 300? Traditional WvW with big open fields and fort raiding is fun (especially the jumping puzzle) but there needs to be more map variety.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

WvW getting an sPvP template does sound good at first but if that happens the PvE content is completely obsolete since you’re no longer required to PvE in order to obtain ascended gear and then skins to look cool. The current system of WvW is fine on that front since it gives PvE meaning and purpose. WvW does need some big changes though to avoid empty maps. Maybe add a map with more environmental factors so a smaller side could still choke a larger zerg like what happened in 300? Traditional WvW with big open fields and fort raiding is fun (especially the jumping puzzle) but there needs to be more map variety.

at launch, as your server gained pts and such in wvw, your server in pve would gain some small benefits, +gathering%, and such. gave some pt to actually winning in wvw.

think they did away w/ it because of or around megaserver times? not shore, maybe still there but i dont’ think it is

Posted by: Major Domo.9250

Major Domo.9250

All I want for Wintersday is..

Personal instanced explorable zone + upgraded mobs + new achievement track = VANQUISHER.

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

OP suggests a martial artist. Just want to mention that staff physical daredevil is some sort of a close relative monk martial artist.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Most suggestions are bad, so of course we hardly ever see them commented on, let alone implemented.

Posted by: Supernaut.2684

Supernaut.2684

How about a checkbox next to the first post of each [suggestion] thread that indicates someone from ANet (anyone, even the janitor) has actually noticed it? There’s no need for a typed response, just a checkbox. Oh, wait — never mind, it’ll never happen.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

As suggesters, we don’t care about a reply, we just know they see it, because hey, they implement things on occasion…

Or, some of the suggested ideas coincide with their planned ideas. It plays out for both sides. :P

Put a thicker tin foil hat on, and some of the suggestions could come from ANet themselves via fake/alt accounts.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thornwolf.9721

I really want something other than the DD though, Seriously its all we have and its not a hand to hand fighter.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

With that said, anyone who has any ideas no matter how weird post away! Get this thread into the more popular threads where the devs will be interested to take a look, that way they can see all of our wonderful or maybe not so wonderful ideas. This saves time for them and makes it easy for us, work with each other and build on one another’s potential ideals.

Placing all ideas into a single thread is exceedingly counter-productive. Not only does it make ideas hard for Anet to sift through and pass on to each other, but trying to follow any discussion on a single idea will be nearly impossible.

This won’t save time, won’t make it easy for anyone, and it won’t help us work with each other. Separate suggestions belong on separate threads for many good reasons.

G R E E N E R

Thornwolf.9721

Yeah well it hasent helped thus far, so unless im missing something this is trying a different approach. Its not meant for us to bicker on. It is meant for the ideas themselves to be put on so they can be seen. It’s not my fault that all of you apposed to it because it “Wont work” keep commenting with negative comments rather than contributing. But thats what this community does alot of right? Complain but never offer a solution until it effects them in a way that makes them want to be heard. Either contribute to the pool of ideas or just dont comment? Why is that so hard?