ArenaNet at PAX East 2014?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CrockD.8257

CrockD.8257

I see that NCsoft has a booth at PAX East 2014 but I am guessing that just like last year that booth will not be GW related (In fact I am sad to report the people manning the booth barely seemed to know there was a game called Guild Wars!!). It’s been 3 years since ArenaNet was last at PAX East and to me, that’s 3 years too long!

I’m not trying to complain here, just remind the good folks of ArenaNet that their east coast North American fans would love to see them. In fact it could have been a great venue to show off the plethora of changes coming up next month.

I hope we’ll see you one of these years. In fact, beers on me for any ArenaNet employee who makes it to a future PAX East. (Note all Quaggans must be over 21 years of age)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Events like this is for companies to hype up new games. So I’m guessing NCSOFT will be showcasing WildStar where getting players to buy is uber important. GW2 had it’s day at the con.

Hate to say it but it’s easier for ANet to showcase at PAX in Seattle. No airfair, hotels, etc. than wait on NCSOFT to include an “old” game like GW2 in their dog and pony show.

I’m expecting bunny eared booth babes as far as you can see.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

ArenaNet did not have any booth space at PAX Prime last year, and I wouldn’t expect them to in the future unless they announce an expansion or side project. They do, however, run panels and off-site parties every year.

I should be writing.

CrockD.8257

Events like this is for companies to hype up new games. So I’m guessing NCSOFT will be showcasing WildStar where getting players to buy is uber important. GW2 had it’s day at the con.

Hate to say it but it’s easier for ANet to showcase at PAX in Seattle. No airfair, hotels, etc. than wait on NCSOFT to include an “old” game like GW2 in their dog and pony show.

Have you ever been to PAX East because there are plenty of “old” games on display there? Lord of the Rings Online has had a large section every year I’ve been (4), in fact just about every MMO has a booth with some type of representation because those games are always trying to sell themselves. As far as where they showcase, there are a lot of companies that go to both, and for a game distributed worldwide from a company that has a market cap of nearly $5 billion I don’t think it’s a stretch to fly out 4 employees for a weekend.

As for the booth babes, well there are some but not really a ton at PAX East and that’s fine by me. I don’t need to see people being objectified to decide which games I want to play.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Events like this is for companies to hype up new games.

That is one reason to go to an event like this, but there are plenty of older games there as well. Also a good place to host smaller tournaments for competitive games.

CrockD.8257

ArenaNet did not have any booth space at PAX Prime last year, and I wouldn’t expect them to in the future unless they announce an expansion or side project. They do, however, run panels and off-site parties every year.

Actually thanks for making the distinction, I said booth but really I meant any presence at or around PAX East. A panel to talk about and show development of the game similar to what is seen by other MMOs would be awesome.

(edited by CrockD.8257)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Have you ever been to PAX East because there are plenty of “old” games on display there? Lord of the Rings Online has had a large section every year I’ve been (4), in fact just about every MMO has a booth with some type of representation because those games are always trying to sell themselves. As far as where they showcase, there are a lot of companies that go to both, and for a game distributed worldwide from a company that has a market cap of nearly $5 billion I don’t think it’s a stretch to fly out 4 employees for a weekend.

As for the booth babes, well there are some but not really a ton at PAX East and that’s fine by me. I don’t need to see people being objectified to decide which games I want to play.

But LotRO isn’t an NCSOFT game. My point was NCSOFT usually doesn’t feature “old” games at a con unless there was an major paid update. Not saying that they are cheap but I can’t remember a time when NCSOFT thought it was worth the money to have a booth when there was nothing to truly new to show. A game’s developer yes but NCSOFT no.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

I’m certain there wouldn’t be a GW2 booth of any sort unless a major purchase item like an xpac was announced or being announced. I don’t think that’s going to happen there. That said, last year there were Anet folks there for a panel and we were able to ask some rather pointed questions (even if the team moderating it failed to keep it on track, not anet’s fault). Unfortunately I don’t see any panels that look like they’ll have an anet person on them, unless I missed something on the schedule. It’s a shame too, because I’ve really got a couple of things I’d like to ask someone given the chance.

Posted by: ayimera.7028

ayimera.7028

I’m pretty disappointed that Anet won’t be there in any form I was hoping they’d do the small panel thing like last year, but even that seems to be missing. I played WildStar (tried anyway) last year and the demo was broken to hell. I also felt like my concerns/comments about the game weren’t taken seriously by the devs at the booth because of my gender… ooh heeeeey, I got a free shirt though :|