''ArenaNet need to inform the players''

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Catchy title huh, well, not only that but a quite realistic statement. ArenaNet have been working on Guild Wars 2 for a while now offering content that have been interesting to a huge degree. Not everyone are happy no, alot of flaws yes and alot of shouting for a new expansion but you know what, no game is perfect HOWEVER we need information.

I am not the only one stating this neither the last, despite the beautiful work from ArenaNet’s side, leading to innovative touches here and there, we the playerbase have a huge lack of information when it comes to what is happening. What are they doing? Are they planning on an expansion? More Living world? Maybe Guild Wars 3?

Well, I don’t know, because there is no information. Now is this supposed to be a James Bond mystery guessing game? Cool but now I have to say that you guys are doing it wrong, we don’t want James Bond, we need information regarding the development of the game and the plans to at least understand what is coming. There is alot of people leaving the game because they don’t know what is coming and simply give up! I mean, do you know how huge of a loss this is in exchange of some information?!

I am not asking for spoilers or information against ArenaNet’s policy or whatever, but a few to make the player-base understanding of the situation. Quite frankly, with just a little search on the internet, I have found alot of interviews where Colin or other ArenaNet officials state really important things like ‘’ the development of the Living story and the expansion-like content is seperate and therefore there is two kinds of content that are ready to be introduced’‘. How many people know about this?! The majority doesn’t quite frankly leading to tons of threads asking ArenaNet to stop with the Living World because they believe it is the reason why we are not getting any other kind of content which is false, because that other kind of content is being worked on atm which we are not being informed of in any decent way.

This is a thread to show the importance of sharing information, we are humans, and we are greedy to know what is next, please think about that!

SUGGESTION: Make a some kind of a ’’wall’’ called ‘’Tyrian Messenger’’ where teasers and litte information from now to then gets introduced in addition to the introduction of links to the interviews/conferences. People really want to know and trust they will be happy just knowing what is possibly coming.

(edited by nGumball.1283)

Posted by: Nyel.1843

Nyel.1843

I agree with you but to the same part I disagree.

ANet should give us information
… if the “content” is not that big and not that spectacular in the end.

ANet should give us no information
… if the “content” is huge, great, amazing and has some really cool features.

We don’t know and I know my answer is biased… lol.

If ANet is doing something BIG, they are good in their non-telling-it. Why? Because people will be surprised.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

ANET has overhyped things and underhyped things. Frankly telling people everything is a recipe for a bland game. Caving in the the whims of the moment also lead to a bland game.

nGumball.1283

ANET has overhyped things and underhyped things. Frankly telling people everything is a recipe for a bland game. Caving in the the whims of the moment also lead to a bland game.

They haven’t even stated in an obvious way that the Living World development is sepertate than the Expansion-like one. Something that have been generating threads for the last months with people believing that Anet have decided to go with the Living World instead of an expansion, which is false.

Such kind of statements are really important for the player-base to clearly see.

Yargesh.4965

They have stated long ago that the living story is divided into 4 groups. They have stated that these groups are a small part of the total with projects being worked on by other teams that have not been released yet. They stated that they did not have a clear idea of how they where going to release said content. They have I am sure decided this by now and it is only a question of when. Since China is going live within a month or two I would guess that is the when.

nGumball.1283

I know they have stated it, but my pure opinion is that they should react to how the player-base want information about it right now and at least put a link to the statements so everyone can be re-informed.

I have been linking the interviews and conferences where Anet stated those things in the threads and everyone gets surprised which means that the majority actually don’t even know about these, supposedly already announced things.

Yargesh.4965

I know they have stated it, but my pure opinion is that they should react to how the player-base want information about it right now and at least put a link to the statements so everyone can be re-informed.

I have been linking the interviews and conferences where Anet stated those things in the threads and everyone gets surprised which means that the majority actually don’t even know about these, supposedly already announced things.

You yourself say that the information is available, that people don’t want to find it is up to each individual.

Posted by: Arundo.5802

Arundo.5802

I agree.

Why ? Because at the end of this month some new big MMO will launch. I dont want to see Guild Wars 2 turn into a desolated game because people are not informed about upcoming content.

And I do hope Arenanet will release some information where there are heading before the release of the said MMO so that we know that Guild Wars 2 will expand further then just a few living stories.

From a marketing point of view giving information regarding an expansion at the time of the launch of the said MMO is ofcourse the best way to keep the playerbase healthy.

So I keep my fingers crossed

nGumball.1283

Well, a korean invesment company with reliable sources announced that Guild Wars 2 is gonna have an exapnsion during 2015 which sounds really realistic. If it is actually true we gonna see the hype strating with an Anet announcement.

Titanfall and ESO appear to be really weak in performence and therefore I don’t even think Anet cares that much as the quality of these games doesn’t live up to the hype that they have had.

However, a release in 2015 means compitition with some big titles lead by EverquestN which I think Anet is a company that will literally go and do it like they did via release. Tera, TSW and SWTOR were huge titles afterall.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Every time Anet says something and tells us, fans hang on their every word and if anything changes, Anet then is said to have lied. Iterative companies that change stuff up all the time can’t afford to tell people too early what they’re doing to do…because often they don’t know. They try stuff, and if it doesn’t work they scrap it. They said so. So why should they tell you what’s going on far in advance?

By the same token, Anet has often overhyped things in the past that weren’t as good as they implied they were going to be.

From these two statements, I can guess that Anet is probably better off not talking at all, never mind far in advance.

Adding to this, there’s some strategic retail strategy in not letting competitors know when an expansion is due until as late as possible.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

The issue is that if they announce something like “We’re working on GW3.” then people might stop playing GW2 and contributing funds through the Gem Store.
(Why buy Gem Store skins in GW2 unless they carry forward to GW3?)

It’d be a lose-lose situation for them.

I mean, sure, they can pull another Hall of Monuments type of thing… But I only use a portion of the things I earned in there. I’m not sure that I would grind for stuff in a futuristic title so soon after GW2’s launch either.

On the other hand, dropping hints of an expansion could bring mixed feelings. It might excite people, but then you’d also have those who’d be like “Ok. See you in 6 months to a year when the expansion drops!” (Which, likewise, would reduce Gem Store sales.)

GW2 dropped GW1’s “play whenever you want” mantra because of the Gem Store. The more you play, the more likely you are to buy gems. (Even if it’s just to convert them to gold.)

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Well, a korean invesment company with reliable sources announced that Guild Wars 2 is gonna have an exapnsion during 2015 which sounds really realistic. If it is actually true we gonna see the hype strating with an Anet announcement.

Titanfall and ESO appear to be really weak in performence and therefore I don’t even think Anet cares that much as the quality of these games doesn’t live up to the hype that they have had.

However, a release in 2015 means compitition with some big titles lead by EverquestN which I think Anet is a company that will literally go and do it like they did via release. Tera, TSW and SWTOR were huge titles afterall.

I wouldn’t hold my breath. That same investment company predicted that anet would release an expansion in the second half of 2013

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

ANET has overhyped things and underhyped things.

I don’t think they ever underhyped something.

Anyway, it’s been quite a long time (before even GW2) that I stopped believing anything Anet said until I saw it in-game. There’s always a last minute problem that prevents them for releasing something at the correct date and working correctly (recently, it was Account WXP).