Arenanet Code

Arenanet Code

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iceash.8356

Iceash.8356

hello guy’s just wondering have arenanet been hacked recently as over the last 2 days I have been recieving sms messages with an access code, so I presume someone is trying to access my account.

Anyone else with this issue?

Arenanet Code

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

That wouldn’t be ArenaNet being hacked, it would potentially be your personal computer/email/account.

This is especially true if you use the same email/password for GW2 as you did for some other site (if that other site gets hacked, your email/password combo is passed around to every person who wants to buy it and they all try it everywhere.

You need to update your computer’s security, run some scans for malware, and change all of your passwords to be new and DIFFERENT from each other.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Arenanet Code

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Don’t jump to any conclusions. Your ISP can use various address’ for a variety of reasons like maintenance. I have ok’d a few address in my city that my IP uses to handle traffic. They may even change to another citys’ hub temporarily.
Now if you are getting these warnings when YOU are not trying to logon, you may want to change your PW.

Arenanet Code

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you’re not causing them, then your login credentials are compromised. Someone knows your email and password. If you’re being spammed with codes, they’re probably trying to RNG it.

Arenanet Code

Posted by: Iceash.8356

Iceash.8356

Sorry guy’s thx for the reply’s, was at work.

Now I don’t have any malware etc on my PC that can be detected by Norton/ I use different passwords for different games, now I haven’t played any Arenanet games for several months at least but the last 2 days I was receiving these SMS messages with the code so as Healix mentioned it looks like my account is somehow compromised.

Now the worrying thing is that the last time I had something similar with my account and a game just happened to be GW2.

Arenanet Code

Posted by: Epphyx.5078

Epphyx.5078

Hmmm,
Let’s give you bad and good news.
Good news your GW2 account is not compromised yet.
Bad news, your Email account probably is.

A few step to clear all this up would be :
1) Using an other device (your computer might be compromised), change your password on your Email.
2) Use Malware byte and Kasperky rescue disk to scan your PC. (Norton is not really a good antivirus, even more so if it’s not up-to-date)
3) Now that your computer is safe, change your email password again with your comp (it’s better to be paranoid than hacked).
4) If there’s a recovery question on your email account (as in what’s your pet name, remove it, don’t forget you talked on Facebook about the death of poor Fifi).
5) Log onto anet and change your guildwars2 password.
6) You should be safer providing they are not using some man in the middle sniffing or hardware keylogging.
7) you could be even safer by changing your linked email in Anet account management.

8) contact Anet customer support to report some hack attemps. That may help save others accounts.

Arenanet Code

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

doubt so
all hackers need is your email begin brute force your account
if your email is widely used everywhere, then be sure that they will find out about it

normally i have multiple emails
one for registering public things like random forums or sites
one for more personal thing like SNS (social network service) and games (not private servers) and $$ related services.
one for business

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Arenanet Code

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

hello guy’s just wondering have arenanet been hacked recently as over the last 2 days I have been recieving sms messages with an access code, so I presume someone is trying to access my account.

Anyone else with this issue?

It’s not Anet. If it was, they’d have announced it, and made a vast majority of people to change their pass. Change your password, first of all. Then contact support to change your email tied to the account so whoever this is cant keep trying.