Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

So when are we getting an expansion..?

Arenanet want $$? Make an expansion :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

What is the point of expansion….

It’s like movie sequels. No quality but just there to make extra money. I prefer it the way it is now without any expansions or anything like that.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

A game that does not have a sub and does not earn their money to have players coming back to play for a mounth a year… I don’t think an Expansion is a good profit for GW2 I put my bets on Living story that makes players coming back every two weeks and put’s their money on minitransactions that they just need to have before that living story part ends.

That is just what I think. But it realy bothers me when people start threads claiming Anet/NCsoft doesn’t know how to make the best money, I mean it is the companies that has the numbers and just becouse you read the numbers on the internet it doesn’t have to be accurate or even true and also moslty it is not enough numbers.

I can’t answer your question so I guess this post was directed at Anet who have stated that they will talk about expansions later so wait til that day.

My answer about expansions, I wouldn’t mind an expansion but if I had to choose expansion or Living Story I would choose Living story (Bi-weekly update that is).

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

An expansion is the only thing they can offer that I’ll pay for.

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

“As for expansion, we are now focused on the Living World production, have not considered this issue.”

Mike O’Brien, yesterday
http://news.17173.com/content/2014-05-17/20140517123651663_1.shtml

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

“As for expansion, we are now focused on the Living World production, have not considered this issue.”

Mike O’Brien, yesterday

thankfully, ..now if only people could stop asking for it..just so they can devour content in a month.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

It’s like movie sequels. No quality but just there to make extra money. I prefer it the way it is now without any expansions or anything like that.

Living Story is exactly what you described and worse.

Posted by: DelusionsOfGrandeur.9287

DelusionsOfGrandeur.9287

Then it’s a good job for Anet that you don’t represent 100% of their player base, or else they’d all be out of jobs by now and GW2 would have been shut down.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

A game that does not have a sub and does not earn their money to have players coming back to play for a mounth a year… I don’t think an Expansion is a good profit for GW2 I put my bets on Living story that makes players coming back every two weeks and put’s their money on minitransactions that they just need to have before that living story part ends.

That is just what I think. But it realy bothers me when people start threads claiming Anet/NCsoft doesn’t know how to make the best money, I mean it is the companies that has the numbers and just becouse you read the numbers on the internet it doesn’t have to be accurate or even true and also moslty it is not enough numbers.

I can’t answer your question so I guess this post was directed at Anet who have stated that they will talk about expansions later so wait til that day.

My answer about expansions, I wouldn’t mind an expansion but if I had to choose expansion or Living Story I would choose Living story (Bi-weekly update that is).

In fact we do have the numbers. (or at least the best we can get them)

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/151443/1q14_NCSoft.jpg

If they would have done the same as with GW2 (Only expansions, no cash-shop) they would likely have made more money then they now did.

Now maybe it’s a little to much to ask expansions that regular so lets say they had released an expansion every year then at this moment they have made a little more but at the release of the next expansion they would have overtaking the income and made a higher profit that way.

See calculations: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/NcSoft-earnings-1Q-14/page/3#post4029793

This is based by looking at the initial release of GW1 and GW2 and then comparing the income per quarter after that compared to the initial release.

Problem now is that they have a cash-shop that seriously influences that game for many people so even if they where to release an expansion now, if they would keep the cash-shop focus they might get way lower sales (compared to GW one that had got +- 95% and 110% of initial income at the release of the expansions) because of the people they alienated.

There would still be a spike but the question is how much more or less they would then still earn overtime. And they damaged thee own name. GW2 initial sale it thanks to ArenaNets name it set for itself with GW1. Overall you can’t say they took the best route however when looking from Ncsofts perspective they did have the most safe route and NCsoft simply moves on the next game when GW2 does not make enough profit anymore.

Devata.6589

Then it’s a good job for Anet that you don’t represent 100% of their player base, or else they’d all be out of jobs by now and GW2 would have been shut down.

Or they would have to been forced into making expansion, there would be no need for a cash-shop focus leaving us all with a better game, they would keep a better name and they would still make the money they needed because of expansions-sales.

The problem is that indeed not 100% of the player-base does that. Now we end up with a worse game that more people walk away from, results in a worse name for ArenaNet and might eventually mean many people will be out of jobs.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

^this

Mike O’Brien, yesterday

A part of me just died.

Mike O’Brien, yesterday

thankfully, ..now if only people could stop asking for it..just so they can devour content in a month.

You devour LS content in a few hours..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Cool. Because bad business practices deserve bad outcomes.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

They make enough money indirectly selling in game currency and dress up costumes that should’ve been obtainable through completing content.

They make enough money indirectly selling in game currency and dress up costumes that should’ve been obtainable through completing content.

This.
No need to make expansions when they make more than enough money already.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

This.

No need to make a boxed expansion. They will definitely be expanding into new areas and content.

This.

No need to make a boxed expansion. They will definitely be expanding into new areas and content.

I hope you are right.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Devata.6589

This.

How would that help getting rid of the bad cash-shop influence?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

This.

I hope you are right.

I know I am right.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

seriously china just got gw2 u honestly think they release a new box directly ??

and who say anet dont make money ?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

And Living Story Season 1 had quality??? Oh, God…

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

And Living Story Season 1 had quality??? Oh, God…

It’s funny because living story is exactly like bad movie sequels. Except they are free so then it’s okay to ignore all it’s faults.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Dark Jackson.3417

Dark Jackson.3417

China ‘’Getting in movement’’ Could finance an expansion.. More likely every1 would end up buying that expansion so it’s a direct markettin hit for Anet, They would make money, and we would appreciate the content. The thing is they’re not ready for it right now.

The map is getting old. ( All re-re-seen content on a shuffle/repeat )

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

seriously china just got gw2 u honestly think they release a new box directly ??

I’m with you. It takes a huge amount of money and resources to launch a game in a new market, even if the game has already been launched. If anet was losing money they wouldnt even consider such a huge launch as the cost would be far more then the overall gain. Love it or hate it, the gem store does make money. While we dont have access to the actual numbers, we can see the exchange rate of gems to gold increasing. Which means lots of people are buying gems, using some and converting to gold. It takes so much gold to get gems, many people, myself included, will just spend 15-20 dollars and get the gems that way. Its faster and youll always get the same amount of gems.

Having an expansion model does mean that sales spike at the launch, there is little steady income until the next expansion. But the sales from a cash shop keep coming in. Its kinda like getting paid a 6 month salary at the start of that period, then nothing for another six months. You can have that, or have a Daily income that has much more of a potential of making more during that same 6 month period. I don’t know about you, but I would take the latter.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Much worse. The content released via Living Story is of significantly lower quality and contains significantly more bugs than that released via expansion.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Since the Living Story is now confirmed to be the only thing we’ve got to look forward to, the first release of Season 2 – and each release thereafter – had better blow me away in terms of quality or this two month hiatus I’ve been on will become an indefinite one. I’m sure the number of customers gained in China more than offsets lonely ol’ me; but it’s not about punishing ArenaNet for releasing sub par content so much as it is about me finding a better game to spend my time and money on. And it’s a shame I feel that way, considering how highly I thought of this game the months before and after its release.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Even when we get new zones this LS how “full” are they going to be? That is the real question. Are they going to be like Southsun? I sure hope not. I do want new zones. I can not wait for new zones. But my fear is Southsun 2.0.

This is exactly what LS is. Low quality, and there just to make extra money via the cash shop. Which works very well. —There are some exceptions.

For those whose argument is that a boxed expansion would be consumed in a month. Those same people who would do that, consume LS in a few hours. For those patches where it’s zerg content (a lot of them) they just rinse and repeat or log out.

Somewhere before launch or shortly after, AN decide on LS. This decision is rock solid. It doesn’t matter how well it works or doesn’t work. It doesn’t matter how the community receives it (which is honestly probably split on the matter). They are committed to delivering this concept. S1 had some successes. But in general felt lacking. AN says they’ve learned a lot from S1 and are prepared or are preparing for S2. We’ll find out within the next month or so.

The problem as I see it is hype. Hype for a new MMO or an Expansion brings players back for “X” length of time. Regardless of how good that game is. It draws in numbers. Does LS do this on a large enough scale? AN knows better than anyone else on how well this works. They are able to see their retention numbers and how active players are.

Currently there are a lot of people who I play with once a week. Twice a week when there is a new LS. They complete it within a day or so and then they are gone until guild missions next week or until the next patch. At launch and for nearly a year after, it was a very different story.

Posted by: Mel ryuzaki.1402

Mel ryuzaki.1402

Or they would have to been forced into making expansion, there would be no need for a cash-shop focus leaving us all with a better game, they would keep a better name and they would still make the money they needed because of expansions-sales.

The problem is that indeed not 100% of the player-base does that. Now we end up with a worse game that more people walk away from, results in a worse name for ArenaNet and might eventually mean many people will be out of jobs.

Just so you know that i’m with you on this one Devata, i share your idea and many do but aren’t here to see gw2 going forward because they really quit. I commented on how players don’t look at what’s happening and at others, plus that comment was removed by a moderator, for no reason. So it means they hear us, take your conclusions.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Perhaps we won’t get a full-on expansion, but instead the option to purchase access to additional maps via the gem store. Each would come with it’s own set of hearts and events, a handful of unique rewards (skins!) and hopefully at least one new dungeon between the lot. And of course, a boatload of loosely related fluff in the gem store

I don’t think new races or professions are likely in the immediate future though.

Posted by: Mel ryuzaki.1402

Mel ryuzaki.1402

^this

Mike O’Brien, yesterday

A part of me just died.

Mike O’Brien, yesterday

You devour LS content in a few hours..

The most impressive thing is they get what they want and we who want to make ourselves heard and want to enjoy this game into an active exploration and fun experience are denied, because after 20 months it gets old… The one’s who come comment against are just following the tide, if you throw LS they will like, if you throw an expansion they will like. Btw if LS and expansion teams are diferent why do players come divide eachothers opinions, this might create unworthy doubts on gw2 crew. GW2 is following the commodity tide, it’s not the Guild Wars i knew.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

And expansion is a sure fire way to get people to move on from the game.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

They released a ton of new content for me to enjoy. How could they do this to me, I’m going to quit..

Said no one ever.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Devata.6589

China ‘’Getting in movement’’ Could finance an expansion.. More likely every1 would end up buying that expansion so it’s a direct markettin hit for Anet, They would make money, and we would appreciate the content. The thing is they’re not ready for it right now.

The map is getting old. ( All re-re-seen content on a shuffle/repeat )

I am afraid that what they did with the game (for a big part because of there cash-shop focus) has alienated so many people that by far everybody would end up buying the expansion. Like happened for GW1.

Devata.6589

I’m with you. It takes a huge amount of money and resources to launch a game in a new market, even if the game has already been launched. If anet was losing money they wouldnt even consider such a huge launch as the cost would be far more then the overall gain. Love it or hate it, the gem store does make money. While we dont have access to the actual numbers, we can see the exchange rate of gems to gold increasing. Which means lots of people are buying gems, using some and converting to gold. It takes so much gold to get gems, many people, myself included, will just spend 15-20 dollars and get the gems that way. Its faster and youll always get the same amount of gems.

Having an expansion model does mean that sales spike at the launch, there is little steady income until the next expansion. But the sales from a cash shop keep coming in. Its kinda like getting paid a 6 month salary at the start of that period, then nothing for another six months. You can have that, or have a Daily income that has much more of a potential of making more during that same 6 month period. I don’t know about you, but I would take the latter.

The only problem is that your numbers don’t add up.

But let me first ask you something.. You buy gems to convert to gold. So you don’t like the game enough to play the content?
You did not buy the game to play it but to be then able to buy ingame items?

No to the numbers. We do have some of the numbers and here they are:
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/151443/1q14_NCSoft.jpg
We can compare GW2’s graph with GW1’s graph to see the relevant incomes for the two.
Calculations here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/NcSoft-earnings-1Q-14/page/3#post4029793

What we see if that GW2 had done it the same way as GW1 (no cash-shop and regular expansions) they would likely have earned more money by now. Now maybe GW1 was a little to fast for a game like GW1 with expansions so lets say they would release an expansion every year then GW2 would have been earning more money with that model from the second expansion sale.

That is a steady income with a years interval. That should work just fine, numbers seem to show that it would generate more money and there would be no need for cash-shop focus so everything can be ingame resulting in a better game, more people and a better name for ArenaNet.

And then we haven’t talked about the period after that (longer term). This cash-shop focus alienates many people. That is not good at all for the long-term.

It might be just fine for you (since you are a buyer). You might not might that game-play is made a gold-grind to get more gem-sales you just buy the gold. But many people do care and do leave.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Phosphyr.1704

Phosphyr.1704

Ok there are a few points to consider:

1. Expansions would not make more money than cash shop. There would be a short period of time where profits might spike but beyond that, no. Expansions are a one-time shot whereas cash shop is a continuing source of income. A player spending money for quality of life items in the cash shop over a period of 2-3 months will already give Anet more money than a player buying an expansion.

2. Given where the story is right now, an expansion wouldn’t exactly make sense. Anet clearly has a plan with the Living Story, which MAY set them up to release an expanded personal story. An expansion at the current time would really just be…out of place. “Here, take some new zones and shut up!”

Just my two cents.

Devata.6589

Ok there are a few points to consider:

1. Expansions would not make more money than cash shop. There would be a short period of time where profits might spike but beyond that, no. Expansions are a one-time shot whereas cash shop is a continuing source of income. A player spending money for quality of life items in the cash shop over a period of 2-3 months will already give Anet more money than a player buying an expansion.

2. Given where the story is right now, an expansion wouldn’t exactly make sense. Anet clearly has a plan with the Living Story, which MAY set them up to release an expanded personal story. An expansion at the current time would really just be…out of place. “Here, take some new zones and shut up!”

Just my two cents.

For 1 the numbers simply show different.
The sales on expansion (at least in a popular game, not one that scared away half of it’s player base) earn more money on average then 1 year of cash-shop income.
So releasing an expansion every year would earn more money. (This is only not true for the first year)

And for the long-term it’s also better because they can put there attention into making a good game / expansion instead of trying to get people to buy gems.

A better game with more players will also result in a better name for the company and better merchandise sales. Thats stuff I don’t even count in yet.

For 2 why would it not make sense? The dragon that did awake is in a new area. Bigger problem is that expansion-sales would be much lower then they could have been because they scared away to many people already. And if they keep going this way, even when releasing an expansion sales for a second expansion would be even worse.

Posted by: Wizzey.7845

Wizzey.7845

I doubt they would switch over to the expansion model compared to what they are doing now. In order to make an expansion worthy of buying, they would have to have a ton of resources dedicated in order to make all of the maps, dungeons, bosses etc. necessary, withold the content until it is large enough to be released as an expansion and then release it. All the while they would be losing players due to the complete lack of new content over say 6 months. Meanwhile, the living story format has roughly monthly updates that gives players something new to see at a predictable pace and avoids long content droughts.(except for this WvW tournament…they probably should’ve witheld EotM until the beginning of the WvW tournament instead of during the Scarlet LS content)
I don’t think there is anything wrong with the living story format. The problem is that many items in the cash shop feel like they are unfair prices, and that alienates people. Additionally, much of the content from the living story releases are completely removed from the game once the couple of weeks are over, this also alienates new players AND also undermines them as additions of the game since they are temporary.

(edited by Wizzey.7845)

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I know this topic have been up plenty times before… and some seem to be against the idea, think Living Story does the same and from what we know it is not likely to happen.

But I would really love one… makes me a bad sad that there is hope for one as it might be the only thing that can make me really love the game again. To me Living Story is as far from an Expansion as… as… cola and a burger… 2 completely different things, good together, but very much not the same.
And how is Living World chapter that dies after 2 days, though it lasts 2 weeks better than working the way through the permanent content of an expansion in a month?

Maybe Living World can get there, make it expand enough on everything and not be all temporary to be considered more on par with an expansion… but as it is it is absolutely nowhere near that.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yep, look at the failure that was Lord of the Rings, Tolkien should have just stopped at the hobbit, any and every sequel is inherently a money grabbing scheme.

This dead horse and been beaten to mush already.

These forums are ridiculous. Oh you’re making a suggestion? You think something might actually be… good?

Cue twenty pages of sarcasm, unjustified insults, and hyperbolic generalizations.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

So when are we getting an expansion..?

This is highly unlikely to happen, especially w/the supportive cash shop Living story fandom Anet has.

Anet has done two really great things w/GW2, marketing & art style.

They have taken a concept that has been around in mmo’s well beyond even WoW, Festival/holiday events, and marketed as some innovative new way to bring life and content to a game.

For example lets use WoW, In WoW throughout the year in between expansion packs they have holiday events coinciding with real life events like Christmas, Halloween, etc..than on top of that they have ingame holiday events like midsummer fire festival and Brewfest to name a few. Laying a new skin down in a area of the world w/achievements, activities, rewards,etc.. you get the point.

Even if you didn’t play WoW just about every mmo does these festival holiday “Living Story” events, what Anet has done has taken this concept x10 and market as some innovative new idea testing the waters and directly tied it to the release of content through their cash shop w/the idea of changing certain portions within the game to make it feel like a change to the world.

Unfortunately the permanent changes to Tyria’s topography has been one destroyed city, npc’s added to vigil keep, and a big island to farm of meh. This is why many players believe GW2 has become bland hardly producing any “substantial content”, xpacs.

We have all seen “Living Story/festival/holiday events” in mmo’s a decade plus before, the difference is that content was introduced between expansion packs and constant balancing/QoL updates.

Really quite brilliant of Anets marketing team, reminds me of the term “Kansas City Shuffle” from the movie Lucky number Sleven.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

They released charged me for a ton small amount of new content for me to enjoy. How could they do this to me, I’m going to quit..

Said no one ever.

There we go, fixed for you

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Wizzey.7845

Wizzey.7845

snip to prevent quote wall

Comparing GW1 and GW2 is a bit flawed because the market then was completely different from what it is now. Back then, every game was subscription and had the expansion model so the one game that has an expansion model without subscriptions would do pretty well. However, nowadays, there are so many F2P games that making people buy new expansions will probably make people leave and also prevent new players from coming in as well. If you need any evidence of why players would leave, just look at how WoW is hemorrhaging players in spite of having much more addictive mechanics that make you keep playing.( I really don’t agree with the whole gear treadmill mechanics of WoW and am biased against everything Blizzard because of everything they have done after D2.) As to why new players would stop coming, GW2 is a great value for it’s one time purchase and gives way more content and has much more longevity than any other game you can buy at it’s price. However, if there were say 2 20 dollar expansions. A player that might want to get into GW2 would see the 50 dollar initial price for GW2 and 40 more dollars for the expansions. The most sensible way to approach it is decide if the 50 dollar base game is worth it, if it is, buy it, play it and then decide if, individually, the 20 dollar expansions are worth it. However, for better or for worse, a possible new player would be thinking about things in a binary buy all or buy none point of view. A huge 90 dollar pay wall is enough to scare away the vast majority of possible new players, especially when compared to all the F2P games that GW2 has as competition. (Even if those games are usually pretty low quality and try to scalp players with extremely unfair pay for power options. but that is another discussion entirely.)

Devata.6589

snip to prevent quote wall

Comparing GW1 and GW2 is a bit flawed because the market then was completely different from what it is now. Back then, every game was subscription and had the expansion model so the one game that has an expansion model without subscriptions would do pretty well. However, nowadays, there are so many F2P games that making people buy new expansions will probably make people leave and also prevent new players from coming in as well. If you need any evidence of why players would leave, just look at how WoW is hemorrhaging players in spite of having much more addictive mechanics that make you keep playing.( I really don’t agree with the whole gear treadmill mechanics of WoW and am biased against everything Blizzard because of everything they have done after D2.) As to why new players would stop coming, GW2 is a great value for it’s one time purchase and gives way more content and has much more longevity than any other game you can buy at it’s price. However, if there were say 2 20 dollar expansions. A player that might want to get into GW2 would see the 50 dollar initial price for GW2 and 40 more dollars for the expansions. The most sensible way to approach it is decide if the 50 dollar base game is worth it, if it is, buy it, play it and then decide if, individually, the 20 dollar expansions are worth it. However, for better or for worse, a possible new player would be thinking about things in a binary buy all or buy none point of view. A huge 90 dollar pay wall is enough to scare away the vast majority of possible new players, especially when compared to all the F2P games that GW2 has as competition. (Even if those games are usually pretty low quality and try to scalp players with extremely unfair pay for power options. but that is another discussion entirely.)

There are indeed many F2P games (there where also when GW1 was released but there are more now) but it would still stand out if it used a true B2P model just as it did with GW1 because thats a model you almost don’t see in MMO games.
Many people don’t like that because of how the cash-shop influences the game.

In fact with what they did now they made them compete with all those F2P games + having the initial box-price. People who don’t mind the cash-shop focus can still go to those F2P games.

And obviously when you release an expansion you reduce the price for the previous expansion (or game).

If you would not it would indeed hold of new players.

They released charged me for a ton small amount of new content for me to enjoy. How could they do this to me, I’m going to quit..

Said no one ever.

There we go, fixed for you

Except it isn’t true.

Where do you even get that idea? Like.. seriously… Many expansions that are released are great and well worth the money.

As if every expansion ever made is overpriced and only delivers a small amount of content. You are extremely delusional if you believe that.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I agree with the sentiment of the op, I have owned this game for over a year and have not spent a single cent in the cash shop; IMO if Anet actually wanted to earn any of my money in the cash shop they might want to offer the same level of cosmetic variety that Rift provides (I’ve actually spent close to 100$ in their cash shop between my account and my wife’s account).

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I do not understand why some players think it has to be one or the other and not both. You can either only do expansion or only do gem store. Why can’t it be both?

Why do some think an expansion would drive players away? Expansions bring players in, even if only temporarily. The content has to make them want to stay, but a traditional expansion hypes the game up. Does LS do this? I’m not sure that it does. Perhaps a few of the LS patches do. Maybe.

Posted by: Eric.1340

Eric.1340

The living story has failed to entertain me so far. It seems like just a bunch of busy work that I finish fairly quickly. I am willing to give it another shot and oddly enough have high expectations for the new living world season. The content that I want is new dungeons that are both rewarding and challenging. Think underworld/fissure of woe in gw1 that is what I am talking about. I also want new exciting areas to explorer that is not a dumb balloon. Can the living story deliver these things? So far it has not so in my opinion an expansion would be the best thing for me.

Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

They released a ton of new content for me to enjoy. How could they do this to me, I’m going to quit..

Said no one ever.

Aren’t people who are complaining about the LS model doing exactly that? Add “and free” “every 2 weeks”, and well… yeah.

People are silly.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Said no one ever.

Aren’t people who are complaining about the LS model doing exactly that? Add “and free” “every 2 weeks”, and well… yeah.

People are silly.

“People” generally have higher expectations, my post above lays it out pretty well. Yes it’s free, trust me many of us can tell.

JQ Druid

Said no one ever.

People are silly.

No because I was talking about a on (LS is just a fraction every 2 weeks) of content (LS barely is real content, as most of it is temporary and/or a mindless zerg/grind fest).

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

We do you guys think the quality of an expansion would be any better than the quality of the LS? They released an expansions worth of content, for free, and you guys complained about it.