Armbrace of Truth....what?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

So now it’s completely removed from the game because it had magic find on it? Please tell me you will re-release it with other stats… That was going to be my next ascended item (was going to buy it purely for the lore of the item) and now it’s unavailable because it had magic find on it???

There are more that were removed because they had magic find on them and I’m extremely disappointed that they’re gone. Those items had a ton of lore behind them and they are now just gone?

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

^That would require a continuity manager, something that has been lost to Anet since before launch.

TehPwnerer.7215

This really has me upset more than anything about the countless other crap that was screwed since the patch today (monthlies, anyone?).. I really hope to see an explanation for this.

I was so happy and excited to see GW1 items return as ascended accessories, rings, what have you. Now to REMOVE them straight up because they had magic find? That is so messed up.

By the way people that have them keep them and can just choose stats. So anyone who has had it before the update gets to keep it but nobody else will get one.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Could be worse

I was almost ready to craft Arachnophobia. And they removed the ability to without warning.

TehPwnerer.7215

Could be worse

I was almost ready to craft Arachnophobia. And they removed the ability to without warning.

Ok and Arachnophobia will be returning next month. As far as everyone is aware of, Armbrace of Truth is gone.

TehPwnerer.7215

Yep and it’s not past 5pm in Seattle so I doubt we’ll hear anything on this today. I mean is this the trend that we can expect in GW2? Random stuff being removed with no warning or reason?

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Could be worse

Ok and Arachnophobia will be returning next month. As far as everyone is aware of, Armbrace of Truth is gone.

I saw that note about it returning – but still, no warning. I was basically waiting for a few more Destroyer Lodestones.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you had all the materials to make it, you’re out of luck. The recipe will probably be changed to include whatever is newly added this Halloween. It could even be completely different.

TehPwnerer.7215

Ok regardless. That weapon will be back. There’s nothing in the notes about the Armbrace of Truth or any of the other ascended items that are now just GONE.

TehPwnerer.7215

I really hope these removed GW1 ascended items return with different stats.

TehPwnerer.7215

Ok it’s a new day I’d love to see an official response to this? Several other threads about the same thing have popped up so it’s not a minority concern on the forums, it seems.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I had Mad King’s Shoulders (medium) listed on the TP for 22g. I was flipping it from 10g. The update removed it from the TP and turned it account bound. Most costly ecto I’ve ever purchased. Can’t win them all.

TehPwnerer.7215

I had Mad King’s Shoulders (medium) listed on the TP for 22g. I was flipping it from 10g. The update removed it from the TP and turned it account bound. Most costly ecto I’ve ever purchased. Can’t win them all.

I fail to see how this relates to the issue of the thread. They warned us that all items with MF on the TP would be returned to their owners and account-bound.

They didn’t say they’d remove a TON of ascended accessories, rings, and more – especially important lore ones like Armbrace of Truth.

Posted by: Hrithmus.2583

Hrithmus.2583

Had the same issue. I Kept some exotic gear with MF in my bank. Checked on it, was unable to stick it on the TP because i had to pick a Stat and soon as i did that it was soul bound….Good system. But i guess i shouldn’t be upset because some forum user will tell me that i should be happy about all the free content we are given and how i was not entitled to that gear and was my fault i kept it in my bank.

I know, i know. It’s all my fault.

TehPwnerer.7215

I am extremely disappointed that this kind of thing just keeps happening and goes unaddressed. But that’s ok, it’s my fault for not sending them a twitter message because lord knows that’s the only place they reply.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

^That would require a continuity manager, something that has been lost to Anet since before launch.

Since loooooooong before launch.

I miss the frog, and chatting with its owner in LA. That’s as much part of Guild Wars lore as Armbraces are.

TehPwnerer.7215

What really gets me is that a friend of mine has this and can just allocate any stats he wants to it.. but for anyone who didn’t get it before this update (Which was NEVER mentioned that it’d be removed) we’re just out of luck?

TehPwnerer.7215

Since loooooooong before launch.

I miss the frog, and chatting with its owner in LA. That’s as much part of Guild Wars lore as Armbraces are.

Agreed. The thing that frustrates me the most is that Anet had such a great run in GW1 and did everything right and now it seems they can’t do anything right by the players. No communication, constant bugs, constant problems.. It’s just getting ridiculous.

Posted by: Inspired.6730

Inspired.6730

What really gets me is that a friend of mine has this and can just allocate any stats he wants to it.. but for anyone who didn’t get it before this update (Which was NEVER mentioned that it’d be removed) we’re just out of luck?

I find it nearly impossible to believe that you thought they’d keep selling an item that had one of it’s stats removed?

Or did you think they’d just allow everyone to buy that item from then on and pick their own stats? They may as well have just kept those couple items then and removed all the other ones.

TehPwnerer.7215

I find it nearly impossible to believe that you thought they’d keep selling an item that had one of it’s stats removed?

Or did you think they’d just allow everyone to buy that item from then on and pick their own stats? They may as well have just kept those couple items then and removed all the other ones.

I figured an item like that with as much history as it has had in the GW universe would have been able to have had some sort of warning or maybe yeah your suggestion doesn’t seem so bad. It’s a flavor item anyway. Buy it, choose its stats, and then infuse it. What’s the problem with that?

Posted by: Reya.1895

Reya.1895

…actually I assumed the stats would be changed as per the outline. I believe explorer (power>prec>mf) was going to become assassin’s? or something like that (prec>power>crit).

…AND… what’s wrong with having items where you can pick the stats? they all cost the same so it’s not like there’s an issue there … if we were talking about crafted items or mystic forge ascended (where t6 mat is different) then I could understand. Talking about ascended vendor items where the price is the same across the board it’s not an issue to put back some items which would let you choose stats.

(edited by Reya.1895)

TehPwnerer.7215

I agree, Reya. It really irks me that not only did they remove it without a word but they still have yet to address it…

TehPwnerer.7215

And it looks like the wiki has changed the description…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armbrace_of_Truth

“This item cannot be acquired since the September 3, 2013 update and was allowed to change attributes a single time to an attribute set without Magic Find. "

That really makes me upset. A great reference to GW1 is now gone and without any warning whatsoever. Thanks for communicating this change, ArenaNet.

I left them a message on twitter asking about it, but they only reply to praise on there from what it seems.

Posted by: Reya.1895

Reya.1895

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

All existing drops and crafting recipes that have created Magic Find gear will be replaced with three new combos:
Explorer’s recipes will be replaced with the Assassin’s stat combo (Precision, Power, Critical Damage)
Traveler’s drops will be replaced with the Dire Stat Combo (Condition Damage, Toughness, Vitality)
Pillagers recipes will be replaced with the Hunter’s stat combo (Precision, Power)

/shameless bump. want these items back!

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Maybe it’ll return as a craftable item when they release Jewelry 500?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

TehPwnerer.7215

Maybe it’ll return as a craftable item when they release Jewelry 500?

I’m hoping it’ll return in some way either as a trophy when we return to Elona or as a crafted item because it’s absolutely ridiculous that it was removed in the first place. And to the post above yours, I agree. It was never relayed that they’d flat out remove these items – only change their stats.