Armor; Is that how we spell it, or armour?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crab Fear.1624

Crab Fear.1624

I am complaining about medium and light armors being mostly trench coats, kilts, and man skirts.
Whether we play a male or female avatar we want it to look good and not everyone thinks the above 3 options are attractive.

There are a “very few” options otherwise than can be worn…but if a majority of players are wearing those….how can any individuality be achieved in the game?

GW1 mesmers had some good light armor examples of possible choices, and the necromancer profane body suits are on point as well.

Rangers and Assassins had great armor too. Less trenchcoat dominated.

I am certain that plenty of people have complained but I could not find the articles so feel free to place this there mods.

I like all the body options GW2 has offered, but how can I or anyone enjoy them when the all weather coats are covering them?

I am not asking for a swimsuit heavy armor, just a reasonable trimming of half of the coats and skirted tops in the game at the very least….many would look much better not passing the upper/mid hip.

Posted by: VectorVineyard.8379

VectorVineyard.8379

I personally dislike most heavy armor headgear being skullcaps, at least on humans/norn. Most heavy classes tend to either hide helmets or wear a closed-faced helmet (Barbaric Helmet FTW). I’m also not too keen on most of the medium headwear being train-robber bandannas and light headwear being hoods.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I too would like to see less skirts, butt capes, long coats etc. going forward. In fact, imo we’ve got enough of those already and should be getting other options.

While I’m at it, outfits and armors that are much less over-the-top ornate/ostentatious would be nice.

And it’s armor in the U. S, and armour in Britain.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Same as the color and colour mate

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Original spelling is Armour and Colour – Not that long ago another country came along (USA) and people decided to change the spellings and make them their own into Armor and Color.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

So… The title of your thread has what to do with your rant, OP?

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

Except colour is derived from the Latin word “color”.

So long and thanks for all the skritt

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

So… The title of your thread has what to do with your rant, OP?

This. Confusing title, lol.

But yeah, I agree. I want more tight stuff. Big skirts, trenchcoats and buttcapes have horrible clipping issues.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Expected a grammar lesson here though, or is it thogh.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

There are a “very few” options otherwise than can be worn…but if a majority of players are wearing those….how can any individuality be achieved in the game?

Protip the majority of players aren’t wearing those. Because the majority of players think the way you do and immediately went for the “not-trenchcoat” look. And thus they all ended up looking the same.

Wearing leveling gear is a more unique look than anything else these days.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

UK/French Vs US spelling. Since ANet is US …

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It is a lot of work to make an outfit without some kind of dress effect on it. The Aetherblade heavy pants for female skin are just leggings with metal underwear, it’s a nice effect. The Ascalon Catacombs light pants on male are leather trousers. It’s somewhat harder for medium because the top is the problem. There are at least three tops for female medium that aren’t long. I don’t know of any for male.

I use the Vigil heavy pants on male because they’re only a half skirt, but that’s about all I know of off hand.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

A friend pointed out a while ago that you can probably blame all the trenchcoats on GW1 players for oohing and aaahing when they added that in GW1. :P

Though maybe ANet can take this time to learn that too much of a good thing can be bad too.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

What does the title have to do with the content of your original post?

Crab Fear.1624

Armor

Crab Fear.1624

The post title was crafted to lure in at least two types of people:
1. The people who are looking for a post with armor in the title that may have content they agree or disagree with.
2. The type of people who live to correct others (otherwise the people may have felt too smart and already knew the result of the post and would not bother to give it the time of day)….at the very least their eyes glanced my content.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Armor

Armour.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Armor

Armour.

Clickbait.

Or just someone who wanted to have a discussion about armor and have proper english in the title.

Posted by: Klowdy.3126

Klowdy.3126

I would love it if they had the option to buy the outfits as armor sets. The outfits are great for leveling, due to gear constantly being updated for leveling, but by the time I get to 80, I’m tired of seeing them. The models are already in the game, they would only need to work out the separation of the pieces. It would be great to mix and match, or even just alter the outfits, like not showing the shoulders, or gloves etc. Make them a separate purchase, label them appropriately so purchase mistakes will be made less (huge letters at the bottom of saying outfit or armor, even though that won’t stop all mistaken purchases), and boom, you tripled the number of armor sets you can buy.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I would love it if they had the option to buy the outfits as armor sets. The outfits are great for leveling, due to gear constantly being updated for leveling, but by the time I get to 80, I’m tired of seeing them. The models are already in the game, they would only need to work out the separation of the pieces. It would be great to mix and match, or even just alter the outfits, like not showing the shoulders, or gloves etc. Make them a separate purchase, label them appropriately so purchase mistakes will be made less (huge letters at the bottom of saying outfit or armor, even though that won’t stop all mistaken purchases), and boom, you tripled the number of armor sets you can buy.

And that’s one of the issues, the separation of the pieces and how they interact with other pieces from other armor sets.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Crab Fear.1624

moar body suits and shorter coats…all armors!!! heavy medium and light!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The post title was crafted to lure in at least two types of people:
1. The people who are looking for a post with armor in the title that may have content they agree or disagree with.
2. The type of people who live to correct others (otherwise the people may have felt too smart and already knew the result of the post and would not bother to give it the time of day)….at the very least their eyes glanced my content.

Correction, three types. You forgot language geeks.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

As others have stated, Armor and Armour are both used by English speaking peoples. So who cares which spelling is used now that it has been explained.

What I am saying is there is no right or wrong. It doesn’t matter if Anet is a U.S. company or not. Both are right. Please move on.

To address your second concern. I too want more pant options for toons. Enough with the miniskirts and kilts.