Forum bug. She’s on it.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Armor/Outfit revelation today

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

For example, armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings.

I’m ok with this. I hate outfits, and sticking them in the gem store where I don’t have to deal with them is great.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Honestly. Third time in a single thread, that’s a record.

How are we supposed to put on tinfoil hats, if hats are not separate from outfits like in GW1?

Hats must come back!

Repeat with me!

“Hats must come back!”

Louder!!

“Hats must come back!”

That’s better.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

For example, armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings.

I’m ok with this. I hate outfits, and sticking them in the gem store where I don’t have to deal with them is great.

Problem is, no new content = no new armor. Like what’s been happening for months now. All we get are new outfits and no new armor…

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

while this post sounds good at first glance, when you think about how much content we got last 3 years and how many armors were added at this time this is very depressing news for us

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I don’t care much about the bold part of the OP quote but this one is more important:

Crystin felt there should be a greater balance between Gem Store item offerings and in-game rewards

Is there a balance between Gem store offering and in-game rewards? Let’s take Armor for example. There are just 21 Outfits in the game and 58 Armor sets, 7 of which are on the gem store, so in Total for Armor/Outfits there are 28 Gem Store items vs 51 In Game items. We need 23 more Outfits on the gem store to have BALANCE between the two!

Subutex.2416

Outfits were only released on April 2014, and since then most of the new skins are outfits. We need more armor.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

I don’t care much about the bold part of the OP quote but this one is more important:

Crystin felt there should be a greater balance between Gem Store item offerings and in-game rewards

Is there a balance between Gem store offering and in-game rewards? Let’s take Armor for example. There are just 21 Outfits in the game and 58 Armor sets, 7 of which are on the gem store, so in Total for Armor/Outfits there are 28 Gem Store items vs 51 In Game items. We need 23 more Outfits on the gem store to have BALANCE between the two!

I wouldn’t count initial release, the balance people are talking about is about the free updates and what they add to the game. Likewise when hot is released you wouldn’t add those armors into the balance because hot was a purchase too.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

There WILL be new armour skins in HoT. We know this for sure because Anet said each elite specialization will get new armour skins as part of their progression. We are also getting the revenant mist armour. How many more new armour skinns we will get, I do not know, but I suspect it will be a fair amount.

Outfits can be released one at a time on a regular basis. They do not want to swamp the gemstore with hundreds of outfits at the same time, so they will rotate them, like that have been doing. Armour skins on the other hand, with the exception of any they decide to add to the gemstore, will likely be added in bulk with large patches and expansions.

I honestly do not see what is to complain about. We WILL be getting both outfits AND armour skins, its just that each will be distributed in a different way. Outfits will be released few but frequently while armours will be released many but infrequently.

Have some patience. Game developement does not happen in a day.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah pretty sure the reason we arent seeing new armour sets its because they need an outlet to be introduced with. So currently all the new sets they are working on are going to come out with HoT. I dont think thats a bad thing. We have outfits to keep our interest to a certain degree until then.

If we had living story still going on then obviously they could push out an armour set every now and then. But right now theres nothing coming out so theres nothing to add the armour to ingame. Unless they shoehorn new armour sets into old content reward tables. But im not really a fan of that unless that old content gets a revamp. So for example fractal armour into fractals. But that would happen with a fractal update/revamp. Which is probably not happening until HoT.

Wait for HoT. There will be loads of new armour and weapon skins with that for sure.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Subutex.2416

There WILL be new armour skins in HoT.

Indeed, but until “it’s ready” we are only getting outfits.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

So far we got Carapax in the last year as reward, which is a heavy grind and i still
have not all of them. While in the years before we had maybe 10 set per year
in the shop where it was much faster for me to earn the gold to buy it.

But yeah .. people want their ingame reward and prefer to grind 10 times more
for that instead of farming some gold and buy it .. i know.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Wait, Trans charges where available for karma? FOR THE LOVE OF TYRIA Why was this changed!!!

Edit: yes i know “For money”

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

If they release at least half as many armor skins as they do outfits recently, I’m fine with it. Currently we’re getting close to no new armor skins and I have no interests in outfits.

Never happen. Not 2 to 1. Armor takes way longer to make than outfits.

How about this then:
If they put at least as much time and effort in making new armor sets as they do outfits recently, I’m fine with it.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

So since they now have a team to specifically work on the game rewards and armors/outfits there should be no excuses for them to be able to revert outfits back to individual pieces.
You can keep posting tin foil hat but let me educate you on something. “Tin foil hat”` expression is derived from MKUltra experiments which, this may shock you, have been admitted to and proven true. So By saying “tinfoil hat” you are saying " protect yourself from the truth.’ Maybe someday these tools will get this instead of spouting off uneducated responses and phrases they read on the internet.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

As long as they will be creating new armor sets at a similar rate as when they were in gemshop, it’s good news. I’m not so sure they will manage that, though.

We haven’t got the red and green tinted version of the carapace set yet.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So since they now have a team to specifically work on the game rewards and armors/outfits there should be no excuses for them to be able to revert outfits back to individual pieces.
You can keep posting tin foil hat but let me educate you on something. “Tin foil hat”` expression is derived from MKUltra experiments which, this may shock you, have been admitted to and proven true. So By saying “tinfoil hat” you are saying " protect yourself from the truth.’ Maybe someday these tools will get this instead of spouting off uneducated responses and phrases they read on the internet.

First you can’t revert to individual pieces if they weren’t that to start with. And with individual pieces they would/should need to test them against all the other pieces they will be making contact with to check for major clipping issues. The one key advantage of outfits is that they pieces each are adjacent to is a known issue. It’s like Macs Vs PCs. One case you have a very limited selection of possible hardware configurations while PCs are nearly innumerable.

And I reserve my Tin Foil pics for players spouting that Nexon is forcing ANet or NCSOFT to do X or Y.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

First you can’t revert to individual pieces if they weren’t that to start with. And with individual pieces they would/should need to test them against all the other pieces they will be making contact with to check for major clipping issues. The one key advantage of outfits is that they pieces each are adjacent to is a known issue. It’s like Macs Vs PCs. One case you have a very limited selection of possible hardware configurations while PCs are nearly innumerable.

And I reserve my Tin Foil pics for players spouting that Nexon is forcing ANet or NCSOFT to do X or Y.

Except that originally “Town clothes/outfits” WERE individual pieces prior to the wardrobe change. So they could easily revert back to this. And since they have a team there shouldn’t be a problem with any testing, designing or the minimal changes that would need to be made. Not to mention the thousands of players who would point out what changes were needed.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

IDK how to feel about that.

I think it’s good if it means that, whatever game-play mode you are involved in, you get equal rewards.

I think it’s worrying if it means that, if you don’t participate much in PVE and only do, say, WVW, you will only get one new armour set per armour weight…

Not that I wouldn’t like to do more group PVE, but I just don’t like the way it’s done in this game, so far.

Obviously, it’s good for us if all players will be able to access armour sets via playing the game, rather than having to buy them, but will that actually be the case?

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Uh. No. It was from before the experiments on it, based on some people with mental problems wearing tin foil to block telepathy, etc. and was made a meme to say crazy idea/conspiracy theory after 1927. The experiment you’re referring to was in 2005.

http://www.businessinsider.com/origin-of-the-term-tin-foil-hat-2013-6
Julian Huxley, brother of “Brave New World” author Aldous Huxley, coined the concept in his 1927 work “The Tissue-Culture King”:
“Well, we had discovered that metal was relatively impervious to the telepathic effect, and had prepared for ourselves a sort of tin pulpit, behind which we could stand while conducting experiments. This, combined with caps of metal foil, enormously reduced the effects on ourselves.”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Crossflip.4390

Crossflip.4390

Today’s news article had an interesting revelation.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hidden-arcana-developer-spotlight-on-crystin-cox/

armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards

Interesting. Comments?

Armor sets? What armor sets?

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Still wondering why paid gem store outfits can’t handle my asuran toes.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

I feel conflicted. On one side it’s incredibly disappointing, no more new armorsets… on the other side it saves me money.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

You tin foil hat me and I DID NOT say that Nexon was trying to control ANet.

I pointed out that an employee has Nexon in their resume and therefore is going to be un-trusted by the gamers. She’s not being looked at as a mole or any other silliness. It also doesn’t matter that she worked for ANet first then went to Nexon and then came back.

The blight of working for Nexon is still there. Players will see this.

You have obviously never been an employee of a company that has a bad reputation among its target customers. It isn’t fun. I know how she feels, but that means she has to do what I had to do which was to prove that I was not of the mind set of the bad company.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

So far we got Carapax in the last year as reward, which is a heavy grind and i still
have not all of them. While in the years before we had maybe 10 set per year
in the shop where it was much faster for me to earn the gold to buy it.

But yeah .. people want their ingame reward and prefer to grind 10 times more
for that instead of farming some gold and buy it .. i know.

Yeah, how horrible it is for you that some of us want to earn rewards through playing specific content, rather than farming gold. I feel more pride from using my ambrite weapons than from my legendaries. I like having armor/weapons/minis, etc that show other players what I’ve done, and I’d like to see more of that.

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

At first I want to applaud her. My initial reaction was “Finally, someone at Anet gets it!”

But……..

After thinking it over I’m a little nervous now. Considering how relatively easy it is to throw up an outfit in the gemstore versus designing and making content around an armor skin in-game.

Yeah… Anet’s going to take the easy road 99% of the time.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

And +1 rhapsody.

You get it. It’s hard to describe that feeling of accomplishment to those who have none.

I don’t know why you grind to get a weapon. Just play dungeons over and over until you have the gold to buy the weapon!

FML

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Considering how many people hate outfits, I don’t think this will be viewed positively. On the other hand, I’m looking forward to all the new armor sets with HoT.

I think the amount of people that “hate” outfits is largely exaggerated. A loud minority. Anet is obviously making money off these outfits else they wouldn’t keep releasing them, so somebody likes them. I myself, like outfits just fine. There were costumes in GW1 and they were great. The one thing I would like Anet to do, is to make head slot customizable. Allow me to wear my cute bear hats with my winter dress. Allow people to use their sunglasses with their outfits. That would be really awesome.

Overall, I think that armor skins in-game is a good thing. Let’s just hope they give us a decent amount.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

If they ACTUALLY add a bunch of armor sets to the game and keep doing it, this is perfect. I love the idea of having more to unlock and work for in the actual game. But I have a feeling this will not be the case. Some with HoT, and just outfits from then on out is what I fully expect. :/

But if she pulls it off WITHOUT making it a massive terrible grind-fest, they’d instantly become my new favorite ANet employee.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Well, that_shaman’s data mining turned up some nice armor skins that even have elite versions. I’m guessing the regular versions will be easier to get and the elite ones will be harder and probably require some grind. Which is perfectly fine imho. It’s not unlike how things were in GW1. They need to put out good amounts of in-game armors though that’s for sure. I would LOVE to see more cultural armors too.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I think the amount of people that “hate” outfits is largely exaggerated. A loud minority.

I know.

Some people are just on here, permanently, saying the same things 20 times a week.

A few people saying something, repeatedly, is not the same as most people thinking something.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating – if outfits sell, they will keep making them.

I, mostly, like them.

Yes, I would ideally like to be able to break them up and use all the individual pieces, as well, but they are still really good for levelling and (presumably) for covering up armour weights you are less fond of the look of.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Comments?

No polite ones that would survive un-modded.

This.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Except that originally “Town clothes/outfits” WERE individual pieces prior to the wardrobe change. So they could easily revert back to this. And since they have a team there shouldn’t be a problem with any testing, designing or the minimal changes that would need to be made. Not to mention the thousands of players who would point out what changes were needed.

True, some were town clothes but most outfits now never were.

RIP City of Heroes