Armor Value

Armor Value

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

I’ve seen a couple different people talk about armor value and what they think is the right number, some say 2,400 is the magic number others I’ve seen say 3,000. I know that high armor numbers tend to be an aggro magnet, but I’d like to hear some discussion on what that number should really be. I know it depends on a lot of factors, but what’s the general rule?

I run 2,500 on my warrior (shout based with soldier runes), a guildie guardian runs 2,700 and another warrior guildie is running 3,000. Mostly fractals and dungeons, very little WvW or sPvP.

Discuss.

Armor Value

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

I feel that ~2500 is the threshold I go for in balanced builds.

It gives enough survivability, but still allows for plenty of slots for other stats. If I was going entirely bunker, then the answer is “no amount is ever enough.” My glass cannon builds dont even know what this “armor” is, much less a good number.

edit: Forgot to mention, I only really do WvW (95% of my time in game).

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

(edited by Tuluum.9638)

Armor Value

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

For PvE? Doesn’t make much of a difference from my experience. Most everyone just runs full berserkers for everything that I’ve come across.

WvW I shoot for 3000 armor if it’s possible. For a Warrior, 3000 is a piece of cake. For a thief, getting that much means my health is too low and conditions start to become a problem. I try to shoot for 17khp and 2.7k armor.

Armor Value

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I have 3,400 armor. If something really wants to kill me in wvw..it will (but I suck in pvp anyway). I could probably drop a lot of that in pve due to dimishing returns and recoup some dps or burst, but it does make my warr rather sturdy

I’m the one who gets pushed to the front in dungeons though

Armor Value

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

I let the meathead guardian take the damage.

I run 10/20/0/30/10 shouts with soldier runes so I’m pretty much perma-fury with a ton of condition removal and healing. Because of that I have almost all berserker with some knights earrings. I generally don’t have any trouble staying on my feet.