Armor access..... for all.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Baoz.4735

Baoz.4735

Heavy can only wear heavy armors, light can only wear light armors, it makes the combination of style limited.

SO.

lets make all armor style open for all classes, no one will ever wear the same gears ever again!

PS: when Can I win a million dollars?

PPS: this is such a good idea anet should give me an Eternity

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Due to the under lying wire frames of the different armor tiers, this isn’t presently possible. This was explained when they were introducing the wardrobe. In time this may change (although they haven’t said they want to go that way or that they are even working on such, so don’t hold your breath), but it wouldn’t be any time soon imo.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

They can’t even release PvP armor skins in time, let alone synchronize clipping properly with the already existing armors, if they went down this road I think they would crash and burn.

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Actually a funny little thing as in the recent trailer for the upcoming, or about to be release of part 2 of the living story thing, the fourth installment of season 2. The trailer had shown a charr in light armor chest and pants, while wearing another set for shoulders and gloves. I will search for a thread that mentioned it, I remember that’s how I found out about it.

A Massive Headache.1879

Anmida.4058

I believe that would be the same thing applied to NPCs, where their weapons/skills/etc have no restrictions or ties to their class/weapons. Or in other words, it’s likely a randomized design generator that draws from a neutral pool.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yes, NPCs don’t seem to be limited to the same constraints players are.

Posted by: Baoz.4735

Baoz.4735

enn enn, it seems like the developers could make it happen but chose not to.

PS: how come no one find my “ps and pps” funny.

there should be somebody screaming out something like…
" you aint never get that million bucks!"

LanfearShadowflame.3189

“they could make it happen if they really wanted to”

I just love how people keep throwing things like this out when they have no clue as to how much work such a change might entail, considering they are talking about a primary system in the game.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I just wish they would allow us to mix and match heavy, medium and light armor SKINS.

A Massive Headache.1879

That’s a very good point, I did not even think, or remember, about the npc’s not having restrictions. my bad, I got overly excited over nothing.

Anmida.4058

That’s a very good point, I did not even think, or remember, about the npc’s not having restrictions. my bad, I got overly excited over nothing.

It’s alright… we all wish for it, even if we know it’s not coming. If only.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yeah.. there’s a lot of nice npc armor set ups that would be nice. We can dream.

eyes Anise’s clothing jealously

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

…lets make all armor style open for all classes, no one will ever wear the same gears ever again!…

All I can say to this……

Remember when anet made T3 human cultural flame armor in gemstore accesable for everyone?

Attachments:

Anmida.4058

…lets make all armor style open for all classes, no one will ever wear the same gears ever again!…

All I can say to this……

Remember when anet made T3 human cultural flame armor in gemstore accesable for everyone?

They really could not hit that “Retreat!” button fast enough… Oh the memories of the people attempting to circumvent the skin drawback by placing them in odd types of bags or storages.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It would make it imposable to tell what class is what when your fighting your asking for a way to hid what you can take as a player (your def). Its like asking for all wepon skins to be usable so i could be on an ele with a hammer and full heavy armor when in truth i am full glass staff ele i just look like something you realty do not want to get close to.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

The major things were that it was the only cultural set to be released to everyone and that it actually cost less than buying it from the vendor.

It would make it imposable to tell what class is what when your fighting your asking for a way to hid what you can take as a player (your def). Its like asking for all wepon skins to be usable so i could be on an ele with a hammer and full heavy armor when in truth i am full glass staff ele i just look like something you realty do not want to get close to.

If you play with lowest settings (or at least regarding players), you can easily differentiate everyone.

And your weapon example is terrible. Plus right now, you don’t have any trouble distinguishing an ele from a mesmer from a necro do you ?

(edited by RedStar.4218)

Anmida.4058

Granted that is exactly what outfits do, and they are releasing more and more of them. I can pretty effectively make my characters look of different classes by simply using the right combination of gear, after all. Screeny of my mesmer as an example.

Attachments:

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

The major things were that it was the only cultural set to be released to everyone and that it actually cost less than buying it from the vendor.

and their “fix” is using a craftable armor instead of simply adding more cultural armors, or simply lower the price so it’s not the most expensive skin in the game.
that’s Anet’s logic, instead of making more money by making more skins, they screw up something they already added, having allot of ppl asking for a refund.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

They can’t even figure out how to properly fit many armor pieces on male Sylvari – like shoulder pieces and coats. Or they could take a shot at fixing armor pieces that mix up textures, armor pieces that clip or remove hair, or fix pieces that were poorly implemented to begin with. I’d like to see them take a shot at fixing what there is first. Maybe offering waffles for getting this done would be incentive.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

They can’t even figure out how to properly fit many armor pieces on male Sylvari – like shoulder pieces and coats.

Sylvari are nothing compared to Charr. The worse being huge bulky Charr.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

All I can say to this……

The only thing I found wrong about that is that they only did it for Light Armor while the heavy and medium didn’t (plus they picked an insanely repulsive medium set to do it with).
My Sylvari would sell his left nut (from his acorn collection) for the Charr Racial chest piece for medium, as it’s the only male medium chest that doesn’t go below waist.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.