Armor and rune investment lost, thanks ANET

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Llethlin Dowr.3416

Llethlin Dowr.3416

I am very disappointed that the cumulative effect of making temple, dungeon and WvW gear unsalvageable means that the runes and sigils invested in them are lost when you build you ascended armor. you say I could use upgrade extrator – at 12g per upgrade, that is the same price as the runes or more.

Ontop of that I built full celestial ascended gear for the crit chance and now that has been nerfed without even the option to pick a different spec! Just bloody great. 1000g down the tubes.

ANET, If you are going to totally change the game, please give people a means to change with it without having to start all over. It is totally demoralising!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Duplicate thread.

Llethlin Dowr.3416

looked for other thread, could not find it. please link

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I am very disappointed that the cumulative effect of making temple, dungeon and WvW gear unsalvageable means that the runes and sigils invested in them are lost when you build you ascended armor. you say I could use upgrade extrator – at 12g per upgrade, that is the same price as the runes or more.

Ontop of that I built full celestial ascended gear for the crit chance and now that has been nerfed without even the option to pick a different spec! Just bloody great. 1000g down the tubes.

ANET, If you are going to totally change the game, please give people a means to change with it without having to start all over. It is totally demoralising!!!!!!!!!

I can understand the rune thing, because it’s really annoying not being able to salvage them. But the celestial ascended armor thing? Celestial is really really good now for any character that is was good for before the crit damage change.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Llethlin Dowr.3416

yeah, perhaps a bit kitten the celestial thing, but I would have like the option, like when they removed magic find and you could pick your spec. A lot of thought goes into picking ascended armor, and effort. to be given no choice in the new spec of ascended armor hurts. maybe I would have chosen it again, but maybe I would have chosen something else. My choise, that’s the difference.

sirflamesword.3896

April 15th 2014 Feature Patch: Celestial equipment stats increased by 6%.

They ADDED something to it where the took AWAY magic find from it when everyone had the chance to change it. So stop, just stop. Honestly it sounds like you are just angry that YOU decided to make celestial ascended armor instead of picking something that is more useful.

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

They ADDED something to it where the took AWAY magic find from it when everyone had the chance to change it. So stop, just stop. Honestly it sounds like you are just angry that YOU decided to make celestial ascended armor instead of picking something that is more useful.

So this becomes the players fault? Just wow.

No one has yet to mind read any of the crazy stuff anet does in this game, to prepare players for the wave of _quote_*BALANCE*_/quote_ changes.

Sorry about your lost op, if you desire to keep playing either your character or this game you’ll probably have to switch out of celestial.

Devona’s Rest

Llethlin Dowr.3416

To sir flames… I think you miss the point. I recognise they added something, but a high crit build is very different from a balanced build.

Posted by: jamesg.7128

jamesg.7128

I can understand the rune thing because most of my 8 characters have temple armour and I’m just starting ascended crafting.
however, they also introduced account bound ascended. Although switching might be cumbersome it still saves a fortune and a lot of time if you make just one of each set.

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

When did they make dungeon gear unsalvageable?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Dungeon gear is very salvageable. Karma and wvw armor, obviously, are not.

sirflamesword.3896

To sir flames… I think you miss the point. I recognise they added something, but a high crit build is very different from a balanced build.

You know the crit damage difference between a full zerker set of armor and a celestial set is atm? 6%, that’s it. Yes it’s some, but honestly that’s the tradeoff between that little extra support/defense and full damage.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

You know the crit damage difference between a full zerker set of armor and a celestial set is atm? 6%, that’s it. Yes it’s some, but honestly that’s the tradeoff between that little extra support/defense and full damage.

I’d be very interested to see a link to those calculations.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

looked for other thread, could not find it. please link

You are supposed to ignore him.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

When they removed the magic find from Celestial (and added nothing in return) they gave NO OPTION to change it.

Also you saying ‘instead of something more useful’ is you basically saying no one should use Celestial. And you see Celestial as now being horrible as the player’s fault as well, I suppose?