Armor preview !

Armor preview !

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Hi guys,some of you may remember me from the “Preview” thread some time ago(the name “preview” was changed in a longer thread name).What was that thread about?Well it was about removing the ability to preview armors that we can’t wear like rangers to have the ability to preview heavy and light armors,guardians to preview medium and light etc.After few days with that thread growing and everyone wanting the feature back we got first an answer(the answer was on another thread),the answer was that it was intended.The thread was growing more and we got the second answer this time on the “preview” thread,i don’t remember the answer and can’t find the thread but they said that preview will be back.The time has passed and the feature is not back,if all that “you will get preview back” was just to make us “shut our mouth” and forget about it,well i will not forget and is still the feature that i care most and yea,are a lot of things that are more important to be fixed but we had the prview and you took it.If they have/had in mind to work on it at least they should have left it and changed it in it’s final form.You know what i think,we wont get preview back and all that you will get it back was just to “shut our mouth”.What do you think?

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Armor preview !

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

The time has passed and the feature is not back

We are one day after the New Year. Hopefully the ArenaNet team is spending time with their families, and not adding non critical features in the game for people with no patience.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Armor preview !

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

The time has passed and the feature is not back

We are one day after the New Year. Hopefully the ArenaNet team is spending time with their families, and not adding non critical features in the game for people with no patience.

Pretty much this.

Armor preview !

Nury.3062

“No patience” ? How much time has passed since we got that removed? and “not adding non critical features in the game for people with no patience” ,we had that feature….and they took it,is not like i ask for something new.About “We are one day after the New Year. Hopefully the ArenaNet team is spending time with their families,” my first thread,the “preview” one was on the first page and with a lot of people posting in it and we got an answer in lik e3 or 4 days and was no christmas or new year etc. So writing this now maybe i get the answer in few days.I hope that you get my point and i never asked to get the feature back now all i ask is an answer like i always do,an answer,is not hard even if it comes after some days.I can’t end this without anotehr argument,if you look at dev tracker the last answer was 2 hours ago so some people are not spending the time with the family or they already passed the new year thing hours ago and do not forget that someone will always work on the game and will be there if a problem occur.

(edited by Nury.3062)

Armor preview !

Erasculio.2914

How much time has passed since we got that removed?

17 days, most of which were end year holidays in which I hope the ArenaNet team was not working.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

Armor preview !

Nury.3062

How much time has passed since we got that removed?

17 days, most of which were end year holidays in which I hope the ArenaNet team was not working.

17 is something and look at the dev tracker if you want to know if they worked or not.Please do not post here if you dont have anything to say about “armor preview” because the topic is about armor preview not about holiday,not about another thing.In 17 days they could think about an answer,because again i say all i ask is an answer not a game update.

(edited by Nury.3062)

Armor preview !

Erasculio.2914

In 17 days they could think about an answer,because again i say all i ask is an answer not a game update.

Here’s your answer:

Let me clarify a few things, as there is some confusion arising from these threads:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Armor-preview-change-is-NOT-permanent
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/No-more-preview-for-all-armor-types/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Option-to-Preview-Armors-Outside-Our-Profession/

As part of an overall improvement to armor previewing we have had to temporarily disable the ability to see armors outside your class. We are working towards updating the system as whole.

We did intend to remove the armor preview temporarily in order to fix issues and improve functionality. So currently, yes, you cannot preview armors outside your own profession—this is only a temporary situation while we work on updates to this system.

We’re sorry about all the confusion in the previous threads.

We sincerely appreciate and thank you for your patience while the team works on this feature.

That was 13 days ago, likely on December 19th. Most places here give people vacations begginning on December 20th, so one day after that post, until next Monday, January 6th. I would be very much surprised if there were anyone working on this feature during that time frame, considering how small a feature it is.

In other words: your claims that ArenaNet was lying about returning this feature just because they didn’t continue working on it during Christmas and New Year are laughable.

(edited by Erasculio.2914)