Armor?

Armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reclaimermaster.4107

Reclaimermaster.4107

Q:

I’m not sure what armor I should use or buy or anything! I’m a total noob at this game so I don’t know what armor I should be going for. I have a level 60 ranger and I’ve only been going for racial armor (I am a sylvari) and I don’t know if racial armor is something you should go for or if it’s just cool to collect all them. Please help I would love suggestions as to what armor to use.

(Main) Ranger: Natura Lupus 80 (1300 Hrs)
Hours Played: 3000

(edited by Reclaimermaster.4107)

Armor?

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

For Armor, at Lv80 you can run Dungeons for tokens to trade in for exotic gear, or you can simply buy some. For cultural armor, its not really that powerful, but you can transmute the skins for vanity. Some of them are nice. Hope I helped

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Armor?

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

For Armor, at Lv80 you can run Dungeons for tokens to trade in for exotic gear, or you can simply buy some. For cultural armor, its not really that powerful, but you can transmute the skins for vanity. Some of them are nice. Hope I helped

Don’t spend karma on t1 cultural weapons of any kind, they have the same skins as the ones on the auction house.

Asura t1 are glyphic
Charr t1 are the various steam models
Human t1 are the krytan models
Sylvari t1 are the verdant models
forgot which ones are norn.

Armor?

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Sylvari T2 are verdant, but the poster is asking about armor.

Cultural armor is for looks, not performance.

While you’re leveling, whatever is cheapest, imo.
Check the trading post. Most of the time you can find good gear (say masterwork) around your level that you can buy for just a handful of copper more than its vendor price. So buy it, equip it, never repair it, and sell it off to replace. It’s really cheap rent.