Armors that aren't currently available in PvE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: QuackzMcDuck.9840

QuackzMcDuck.9840

I’d like to compile a list of armors or armor skins that aren’t currently available in PvE. By not currently available in PvE, I mean they aren’t obtainable outside of the mists. I know of one light armor for sure, and I’ve heard of a bunch of medium armors or armor skins that aren’t obtainable. Are there any others?

Light Armors
-Tribal Set (It’s called Masquerade in the PvP locker, but assumes a different skin in PvE, the tribal skin is not obtainable)

Medium Armors

Heavy Armors

Posted by: laverinth.5126

laverinth.5126

There’s a set known as Masquerade that’s craftable by tailors. I’m wearing it right now. Is it this one? (Ignore the boots, those are the Mad King ones.)

Attachments:

Posted by: laverinth.5126

laverinth.5126

Wait, no. I think I know what you’re talking about. Ignore me.

Maybe it just hasn’t been implemented yet. I don’t know why it’s labeled wrong in the pvp armor collectibles. Even the images are of the set I have in the pic.

(edited by laverinth.5126)

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Afaik the wizard set light armor is also not available. It is however worn by some risen wizards in orr.

Posted by: Ziggurat.8261

Ziggurat.8261

I would really like countess anise’s armor :/

Posted by: QuackzMcDuck.9840

QuackzMcDuck.9840

No laverinth, that isn’t the one I’m talking about. It has a tribal appearance to it. Look for it in the PvP locker in the mists. It’s called Masquerade and it’s under the light armor section.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I would really like if they didn’t add Anises armor, and if they stop putting in blatant copies of NPC armor period. I hate, absolutely HATE that the T3 light cultural Asura armor just makes you look like a pixel for pixel copy of Zojja. Blatant laziness on part of the designers.

Posted by: Lord Awesomeness.1804

Lord Awesomeness.1804

All of the Destiny’s Edge armors are in the game though (I’m assuming for Rytlock, never really looked at Charr). So you can dress like your hero if you want to.

Posted by: Asher.6214

Asher.6214

Much of the stalwart medium armor is missing from the pve game. Most notably the shoulders and helmet; two of which are the most recognizable and to me are very desired looks. I remember back in BWE1 that the helmet actually showed but as a really low level common drop headgear but since then they have made every common drop piece look exactly the same.

On this subject, I really think they need to be diversifying the world drop/karma vendor looks on armor. Just adding the stalwart and commando looks into loot drops would be a big start.

Posted by: Leriff.8362

Leriff.8362

The tribal skin is available from karma vendors in a 40-ish level zone. I am not sure which zone, however.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I know it’s not an armor, but I haven’t been able to figure out where the gargoyle scythe staff skin is from, either.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

The tribal skin is available from karma vendors in a 40-ish level zone. I am not sure which zone, however.

Are you sure? I’ve looked all over the karma vendors but it seems the tribal light set is exclusive to pvp only (called masquerade there, different from the pve masquerade set). It’s too bad since the tribal set is one of the few light armors that doesn’t lopk like a ballroom gown.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

No, there are two sets of tribalish skin. One is available, and one is not.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kyndron.8340

Kyndron.8340

What about the Mist Walker armour (as per PvP Locker)? I really want the coat from that set, but I can’t find it anywhere in PvE…

Edit: It’s a medium armour set.

Jenju – level 80 norn ranger
Server = Desolation
Guild = Miscellaneous

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

This Mist Walker’s armor can be obtained in WvW. Just look around the spawnpoint. And you need 1900 honor badges for full set.

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Afaik the wizard set light armor is also not available. It is however worn by some risen wizards in orr.

I assumed that was the WvW armor. Never bothered to check though.

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

The light armor set labeled as Rubric in the PvP locker isn’t available in PvE with the sole exception of the chestpiece which is from a level 37ish story quest.

Posted by: Lancaeron.1524

Lancaeron.1524

The tribal set the OP is referring to, was actually removed from the PvE poriton of the game. It used to be called “Tribal”, and it was removed, after the final Beta Weekend Event, back in June. There are quite a few forums that discuss this, on various sites; just use your search engine to look up “Guild Wars 2 Tribal Armor”.

Posted by: Zyrhan.3180

Zyrhan.3180

I was really hoping we’d be seeing the Tribal/‘Masquerade’ set come out with Halloween.

ANet, please make it available in PvE, for my poor norn elementalist who doesn’t want to wear heavy cloth coats that totally obscure all of his tattoos?

Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.
Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: herrrritter.6728

herrrritter.6728

The Commando Armor inst avaleable in PvE is it?

Posted by: Zeus.9840

Zeus.9840

I would really like if they didn’t add Anises armor, and if they stop putting in blatant copies of NPC armor period. I hate, absolutely HATE that the T3 light cultural Asura armor just makes you look like a pixel for pixel copy of Zojja. Blatant laziness on part of the designers.

It would be laziness if those cultural sets were the only ones in the game. However, the cultural sets are only a small portion of a much larger variation of unique armour sets. You may not be satisfied with the T3 making you look like Destiny’s Edge characters but other players may not share your thoughts on it. As a matter of fact, I can imagine people complaining about not having the current T3 designs if they were never implemented.

Don’t want to make it seem like I’m being hostile, but I find it unfair that you should accuse the designers for being lazy just because they decided to add 5 sets of armour into the game that lets those who want to look like Zojja, look like Zojja.

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Whatever this set is

Attachments:

Posted by: Xarog.3172

Xarog.3172

It would be laziness if those cultural sets were the only ones in the game. However, the cultural sets are only a small portion of a much larger variation of unique armour sets. You may not be satisfied with the T3 making you look like Destiny’s Edge characters but other players may not share your thoughts on it. As a matter of fact, I can imagine people complaining about not having the current T3 designs if they were never implemented.

Don’t want to make it seem like I’m being hostile, but I find it unfair that you should accuse the designers for being lazy just because they decided to add 5 sets of armour into the game that lets those who want to look like Zojja, look like Zojja.

Except that t3 cultural armour is supposed to be something to aspire to. There are very few sets in the game which aren’t worn by NPCs at one point or another.

Posted by: Lord Awesomeness.1804

Lord Awesomeness.1804

Except that t3 cultural armour is supposed to be something to aspire to. There are very few sets in the game which aren’t worn by NPCs at one point or another.

One could say that looking like a legendary hero of Tyria IS something to aspire to. Or at least to know that my norn thief and Eir Stegalkin shop at the same boutique.

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

Whatever this set is

And the hammer, too!

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

Posted by: NovaScience.1096

NovaScience.1096

More information on the “missing” tribal set, I have contacted the Devs, about two weeks ago, still no answer. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Tribal-Set/first#post502130

-Hemophilia