Armour/Leveling?

Armour/Leveling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ninjazombie.2937

ninjazombie.2937

Hello

I was wondering how gear etc works in this game, i mean in other games you hit a certain level then you start getting tokens or stones to buy the good gear and then slowly start getting better gear from dailys/weeklys, so i heard its exotics, legendarys and ascended i think, so if anyone could explain a wee bit that could help alot

thank you!

Armour/Leveling?

Posted by: Kruczek.3865

Kruczek.3865

There are only legendary weapons currently.

When you hit level 80 your first goal should be to get exotic set. It’s relatively easy until you will come up with some crazy build that requires extremely expensive runes. You can buy it straight from trading post.

Ascended gear has better stats than exotics(not much tho). This one will take you a while.

Then it’s just hunting for cool skins to make your exotic/ascended set look awesome.

Regarding weapons – legendary and ascended weapons have the same stats. Legendary weapons have an option to change stat spec at any time(to better suit different builds) and look pretty cool.

Armour/Leveling?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Legendary is just for the look(and maybe the ability switch stat any time out of combat but I’ve personally never made use of that).

You could buy or craft the exotic fairly easily. Just need gold. Ascended is a bit more long term unless you want to spend a lot of gold to bypass the timegating.