As a Vet Leveling an Alt...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

Can I simply say, as many have, that the new system stinks? I have one question for Anet: Where, exactly, did you get information showing that we wanted/needed the changes you have made? I get that you want to make the experience better for new players. I get that you want to make the game more intuitive. I get it all. BUT, you just don’t get us. The player. You know, the one that ultimately pays your paycheck?

First you FUBAR the trait system. The trait complaint thread was, last I looked, almost 50 pages long. And to come in about page 42 and ask us to specify fixes until it gets reworked makes a complete lie out of you (as a group) saying you read the forums but don’t have time to comment.

Now you do the same to leveling. Tell me, do, what on EARTH made you think we wanted to, during mapping at early levels, have to go back to areas we already were in, just to pick up things like skill points? When skill points are ALREADY an issue (re: traits)? Not to mention the way unlocks work.

If you wanted to dumb-down the game for newbies, why not just do what so many successful games have, and put in a tutorial zone? Then, those of us with more intelligence than a brain-damaged flea can skip it, carry on with our play, and enjoy a game in an area that had no problems to speak of, in the first place?

Frankly, even though I am a die-hard beta baby, this is getting to the point where I am about ready to leave, myself. With 10 characters, 6 of which are 80, having supported this game with gem purchases frequently, and having talked up this game to so many – I’ve reached the saturation point. We are not China. We are not anyone but ourselves, and you are ruining this game.

And yes, I know I just wasted time typing this, as you, Anet, won’t read it. Anymore than you read the trait thread, or any other thread telling you how you are screwing this game beyond recognition.

(edited by Keysha.2815)

Posted by: Jones.5718

Jones.5718

NGE, Guild Wars 2 style.

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

I actually cried a bit when I heard about the changes to the PS. Cutting content? Rearranging the story of Orr? Why Anet, why would you do that?

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

I actually cried a bit when I heard about the changes to the PS. Cutting content? Rearranging the story of Orr? Why Anet, why would you do that?

They needed to fit it into their new system of presenting an entire chapter all together. I’m beginning to think that having the max level at 80 might actually be the underlying problem.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

They responded in the trait thread, in which they said that trait acquisition will almost certainly be getting another major overhaul.

Keysha.2815

They make a game we can play as we want, wandering and enjoying content and gameplay. Then they ‘fix’ the trait system, making it so we have, basically, one path we HAVE to follow to level. Or lose out on traits as we want them. Then they ‘fix’ leveling so we not only have one path to follow as we level for traits, we get no versatility on our play style, either.

Next ‘feature pack’ will involve removing all personalization from characters, making it so we all look alike. After all, we already all have to act alike.

Keysha.2815

They responded in the trait thread, in which they said that trait acquisition will almost certainly be getting another major overhaul.

They did. They came in, said, in effect, ‘we never read this thread, now we want you to give us some GOOD suggestions for some tiny fixes we can do, to make you shut up, until we get around to doing something, someday.’ Thus admitting they do NOT read the forums until they have to, even though they repeatedly say they do. And the ‘major overhaul’ is as non-specific, nay, nebulous, as all their other promises of what may be coming.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

They make a game we can play as we want, wandering and enjoying content and gameplay. Then they ‘fix’ the trait system, making it so we have, basically, one path we HAVE to follow to level. Or lose out on traits as we want them. Then they ‘fix’ leveling so we not only have one path to follow as we level for traits, we get no versatility on our play style, either.

Next ‘feature pack’ will involve removing all personalization from characters, making it so we all look alike. After all, we already all have to act alike.

They slowly started this already with the “Outfit” system. We use to get armor sets that we could mix and match and personalize. Now we get outfits that all we can do is dye four pieces.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

They did. They came in, said, in effect, ‘we never read this thread, now we want you to give us some GOOD suggestions for some tiny fixes we can do, to make you shut up, until we get around to doing something, someday.’ Thus admitting they do NOT read the forums until they have to, even though they repeatedly say they do. And the ‘major overhaul’ is as non-specific, nay, nebulous, as all their other promises of what may be coming.

… then he quoted a post from one person listing four items, said he would take it back to the dev team.

And was never heard from again.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

Posted by: Silkla.8374

Silkla.8374

The personal story was part of the appeal to me. It’s the reason I purchased this game, in the 4 day free period to try the game along with the freedom to explore k*tten and when I wanted to.
I immediately loved the story. I loved the Charr (I’m so tired of seeing “sexy” cat men and ladies..But I love cats!).
The combat was already easy for me to understand. Sure the downed state caught me off guard at first. But it was in no way hard for me to understand and learn what to do after my first 2-3 deaths/attempts.

I make alts to play new characters, and to try out different versions of the stories to see the outcome. It bothers me to see a game that I have come to adore, change in such a way.

Posted by: GammaBreaker.9102

GammaBreaker.9102

They slowly started this already with the “Outfit” system. We use to get armor sets that we could mix and match and personalize. Now we get outfits that all we can do is dye four pieces.

Don’t forget about Town Clothes!

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

What we see happening here is essentially the Communizing of GW2. They frequently make changes no one wants under the auspices that it’s “for our own good”, they frequently ignore our pleas and protests effectively telling us to just shut up and drink our juice, and they assume the lowest common denominator which the OP eloquently referred to as a “brain-damaged flea” is the average player in any way.

ANet, your players aren’t infants. Most of us are adults for that matter, adults that have been giving YOU money. I paid for GW2. I bought gems to support GW2. I spent a lot of time on GW2. Despite all the ups and downs, I still had a lot of faith in GW2. I did not however do any of that to this current game, whatever the hell it is, because it is definitely not GW2.

You are destroying everything for some kind of insane social experiment from what I see. Not only all these major changes, but the little ones as well, particularly to female humans – perhaps the most common race/sex choice in the game because they were feminine among everything else, and every update or so progressively seems to kill off the femininity of my characters, characters I spent time on and adore. I’m speaking about the new Glorious armours which I was REALLY looking forward to (which pretty much just look like male skins), and you apparently have lost some my character’s animations.

It is now personal.