As a new player, Im done

As a new player, Im done

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fictionfan.4385

fictionfan.4385

For the past week or so I have been playing a lot of GW2 and having tons of fun. I have 5 characters, 3 of them around level 20. I enjoyed the challenge of the game, and the ability to go where I wanted, and level how I wanted. With this update, the game feels terribly linear. So many cool, unique things that were in the game are not blocked off for me. I’ve tried playing since the update, but I jsut done feel it’s worth my time anymore. I’ll check back in a few months to see if anything has changed. This may seem overdramatic, but really, I’m just not having fun leveling my new characters anymore, and if I cant have fun, what’s the point of playing a game? Congratulations, anet, you’ve lost one of your newest, enthusiastic players. Which I believe was the complete opposite effect of what this update was supposed to bring.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

Power to you my man. Totally agree and support this post – introduced GW2 to 2 friends, they were playing before patch but both decided to quit it after the update.
One made it to lvl 31 the other lvl 22…

Dont blame em, ANET is doing to much useless kitten

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

No one is stopping you from going anywhere… at all. Just go do it. Once you’ve unlocked it the first time it’s always there. And even if the game doesn’t SHOW you it you can still do it. How many times do we have to say it? The ONLY things really locked off at Skills and they are all unlocked before twenty minus a few of the Utilities.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Did you purchase the game on the main website and within 30 days of the purchase?

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27697743-Refunds

Do it if you can!

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

In this second feature patch, ArenaNet has done nothing but listen to the community, and give new players better avenues to do content while at the same time feeling more powerful and learning the core mechanics and concepts of the game which are needed at level 80.

I think the important thing to understand is that you started the game, with no previous knowledge of how the game was prior to the initial rework of the trait system and leveling process, yet you said how much you were enjoying the game! This is important, because you are an example of how the first leveling rework has been fun and exciting for new players. In my opinion, the second rework was only improving on the first (ie, giving new characters items and bonus chests / stats that make them feel more powerful and give them better ways to go through content to help ease the trait nerf from the first feature patch, which is coincidentally EXACTLY what players were asking for.)

If you’re level 20 on most of your characters, then you already have most of your unlocks already. Do you mind going into detail what you don’t like about it? You said most of the stuff is blocked off, but level 24 is the final unlock and that’s your f4 skill (and not all classes even have an f4.)

(edited by Sparks The Rescue.5043)

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

In this second feature patch, ArenaNet has done nothing but listen to the community….

Wait, wut?

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

My recommendation: stop playing the game, but check back up on it in six months or a year. I’ve been on the verge of quitting this game many times. Arenanet can make some pretty bad changes to this game sometimes, although I’ve never seen them do anything this horrendous before. But, things might get better. I wouldn’t expect them to get better any time soon, though. My recommendation is to find another game to play for at least six months, then come back and see if Arenanet has made this game fun again.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: wiredrawn.7298

wiredrawn.7298

If you’ve only been playing for a week, then it doesn’t make sense why you’re up in flames about the new re-work, in my opinion. In this second feature patch, ArenaNet has done nothing but listen to the community, and give new players better avenues to do content while at the same time feeling more powerful and learning the core mechanics and concepts of the game which are needed at level 80.

I think the important thing to understand is that you started the game, with no previous knowledge of how the game was prior to the initial rework of the trait system and leveling process, yet you said how much you were enjoying the game! This is important, because you are an example of how the first leveling rework has been fun and exciting for new players. In my opinion, the second rework was only improving on the first (ie, giving new characters items and bonus chests / stats that make them feel more powerful and give them better ways to go through content to help ease the trait nerf from the first feature patch, which is coincidentally EXACTLY what players were asking for.)

If you’re level 20 on most of your characters, then you already have most of your unlocks already. Do you mind going into detail what you don’t like about it? You said most of the stuff is blocked off, but level 24 is the final unlock and that’s your f4 skill (and not all classes even have an f4.)

Maybe you started playing a long time ago and don’t remember or you just found that one class that fit your play style right away .. I started not too long ago myself and with the first week alone I think I created / deleted like 20-30 times.

I tried mesmer as my first class, kind of liked it but eh, around level 18 I think I decided to try thief and so on and so on until about the 3rd time I played necromancer I stuck to it. The one thing that helped during that time was I didn’t know about EotM then so, doing ALL the things on the maps as I moved from heart to heart which leveled me BUT also kept me from becoming too bored, the VARIETY in my activities is what really slowed the tedious apects of leveling .. although I would ahhhh when deleting a character to try another class I figured, I can do the jumping things, the hearts the points of interest easy peasy which also made it less grindy.

This new player had that previous experience I mentioned, then days later it became much more tedious for him that is a reason in my book to be up in flames.

Also they absolutely restricted content( removed avenues ) if you’ve been over the patch notes so in general, overall new player experience has actually declined, if they started after the patch they probably won’t know, but modern day gamers, unless older and extremely more patient will become bored rather quickly.

I remember when I first started, well I do this in all games actually, is I explore and try to find the actual concrete cap level of critter I can kill to see experience gain and to test whether the combat is fluid enough for me to handle larger challenges, which with only 1 or 2 skills from JUST the freaking weapons, is not going to get me nearly as far, thus slowing the gaming experience on top of the already kitten ing level gates, it will definatrly look like a linear game to modern day gamers.

(edited by wiredrawn.7298)

As a new player, Im done

Sparks The Rescue.5043

I’m all for finding a class that fits your play style. Except, in the original post, I didn’t seem to get the vibe that was the issue because the OP had said he was having a great experience prior to the patch.

Not only that, but while they have gated some content, they’ve also sped the leveling process up to level 15. This is a list of everything you have unlocked at level 15:

Weapon skill 2 (Unlocked at level 2)
Weapon skill 3 (Unlocked at level 3)
Profession skill F1 (Unlocked at level 4)
Rally(downstate) (Unlocked at level 5)
Off-hand weapon slot (Unlocked at level 7)
Weapon skill 4 (Unlocked at level 7)
Underwater Combat (Unlocked at level 8 with underwater weapon skills 1 and 2)
Personal story (Unlocked at level 10 in chapters every 10 levels)
Weapon skill 5 (Unlocked at level 10)
Utility Skill 1 (Unlocked at level 13)
Underwater skill 3 (Unlocked at level 14)
Weapon Swap (Unlocked at level 15)

As you can see, by the time one is level 15 (which is pretty fast after patch), your character isn’t really lacking much that it was pre-patch, or anything that is vital to game play or combat. Moreover, moving forward, the only big foreseeable unlocks would be utilities / elites, which have always been unlocked later on in the game.

By no means am I trying to “argue” with you or the original poster about yours or his experience (that would be stupid), I just hope to point out that the current hype about leveling really is not as bad as these forums make it out to be, but also that this second feature patch was to help systems that were implemented with the first. Granted, some systems that were introduced, I believe do lead to confusion and general disarray among new players (PoI update, for example); however, I cannot how this would effect the new player’s leveling experience, in so far as create a little confusion.

As a player with mostly 80s, it astonishes me time after time again that I am playing with other players of the same level that have a sheer disconnect from core mechanics and concepts of the game. I, for one, am glad ArenaNet is implementing steps and tutorials (because, let’s be honest, every game has one) to help these players understand the foundation of this game.

(edited by Sparks The Rescue.5043)

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

@fictionfan.4385 Try disabling the new guide feature see if you like it better that way.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

In this second feature patch, ArenaNet has done nothing but listen to the community, and give new players better avenues to do content while at the same time feeling more powerful and learning the core mechanics and concepts of the game which are needed at level 80.

That’s actually not true. I dunno which community you’re talking about but at no time did I ever see any post in these forums about how confusing or disorienting the leveling process was. Seriously. Where are the posts?

All I’ve seen from a casuals standpoint is the repeats of the same old suggestions requests. Why doesn’t the game reward you, where is the loot, why can’t I get gear without gold, why is it so difficult to afford sigils and runes as a new player. Why is there a limit on condition stacking? Why is there almost no diversity in the PVE builds for open world? Why are these people kicking me from dungeons because I’m not zerker built? Why are traits so costly. Most of which can be found in the suggestions archives.

Solving any one of those things I listed would be listening to the playerbase. Incrementation was a non-issue.

And this is coming from someone who loves this feature patch! I really do it and the interview about them not going in the dungeon direction, best things that could happen to show casuals that they do want us back…they just don’t want us to play alts.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

As a new player, Im done

Sparks The Rescue.5043

That’s actually not true. I dunno which community you’re talking about but at no time did I ever see any post in these forums about how confusing or disorienting the leveling process was. Seriously. Where are the posts?

All I’ve seen from a casuals standpoint is the repeats of the same old suggestions requests. Why doesn’t the game reward you, where is the loot, why can’t I get gear without gold, why is it so difficult to afford sigils and runes as a new player. Why is there a limit on condition stacking? Why is there almost no diversity in the PVE builds for open world? Why are these people kicking me from dungeons because I’m not zerker built? Why are traits so costly. Most of which can be found in the suggestions archives.

Some of the systems that were implemented in the second feature patch were a direct result of the player base outcry over the changes from the first feature patch. These forums were swamped with posts about how slow the leveling process became, and due to the initial trait nerf, how weak one’s character felt. This second feature patch addressed those issues by giving players reward chests and bonus stats to help the player feel more powerful as he/she goes through content [quicker]. As far the general leveling process goes and the player’s understanding of it, that was an addition ArenaNet felt they needed to add based on their knowledge and understanding of a player’s initial reaction to the game.

Second, as far as the loot scaling goes, ArenaNet has addressed that as well in this patch by making slight changes to the code to help players loot items that directly related to the class he/she is playing. Also, as far as the whole “why can’t I get stuff without gold” standpoint goes – in any game, there is always going to be a currency. Some items are going to be expensive, and some items are not. However, in Guild Wars 2 gold is not the only currency in the game. If one is having trouble with gold as a new player, use karma, instead. Lastly, ArenaNet has already addressed the issue with the berserker meta, and has showed that they are implementing changes to help this case (i,e ferocity).

P.S Getting kicked in a party that advertises “80s zerk, speed, exp only” and you join in full givers gear is not ArenaNets problem, imo.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

In this second feature patch, ArenaNet has done nothing but listen to the community….

Except for the NPE changes, which were based on feedback from a surveyed group who had never played the game before. Based on Anet’s handling of their feedback, they had probably never played any game before.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: lordkabal.4857

lordkabal.4857

Holy crap, stop trying to change the persons opinion, if they doesn’t like the changes then THEY DON’T LIKE THE CHANGES! And nothing you say can change that. I don’t like the changes and I’ve been around from early on. I vehemently hate the changes to weapon and skill unlocks. by level 15 I had ALL of my weapon skills for ALL of my weapons unlocked before on alts (because that’s what I did) now I can’t do that (which is something I liked to do so good job ANet telling people how to play the game…FFS). The elite skill being locked until level 40 is also stupid as now people with the mistfire wolf or who planned out a leveling plan to have a decent elite right at level 30 for going into Ascalonian Catacombs at level 30 or so are now prevented from doing so (can’t have people thinking about how they want to play their character, that requires thinking and planning, nope too confusing to “new players”)

Killer Instinct [KI]
Ferguson’s Crossing

As a new player, Im done

Sparks The Rescue.5043

Except for the NPE changes, which were based on feedback from a surveyed group who had never played the game before. Based on Anet’s handling of their feedback, they had probably never played any game before.

But, as I said before, those types of changes were directed at exactly those types of players – the one’s who had never played before. Excluding GW2 to only players who have extended MMO experience is a business plan that is destined to fail. Make the game so anyone can buy it and anyone can play it.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

This new leveling experience is just crushes a player’s ability to try new classes out. Gone are the days where you could roll a new alt, try it out for 1-2 hours and get a general feel for the weapon skills and play-style. Nope, now you gotta be level such-&-such just to finally get access to all your weapon skills. We’re going to see a drastic reduction in new alts for existing players. Who wants to wade through this hand-holding sea of blockades?

The NPE should be optional for new players, not a forced regression of the game’s mechanics.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

But, as I said before, those types of changes were directed at exactly those types of players – the one’s who had never played before. Excluding GW2 to only players who have extended MMO experience is a business plan that is destined to fail. Make the game so anyone can buy it and anyone can play it.

There’s a difference between those who’ve never played an MMO before and those with severe brain damage. Adding tooltips and hints is great. Introducing events or combat mechanics that teach new players is great. Adding roadblocks to things like skill progression, gathering, traits, dodging, underwater, and downed is just a hand-holding a 3 yr old. It doesn’t teach. It hampers play by making it boring and it really dissuades veteran players or even people who have played MMOs before from rolling alts. Honestly, many MMO players are drawn to this game type specifically because it forces some deeper thinking and in-game experimentation.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

As a new player, Im done

Sparks The Rescue.5043

There’s a difference between those who’ve never played an MMO before and those with severe brain damage. Adding tooltips and hints is great. Introducing events or combat mechanics that teach new players is great. Adding roadblocks to things like skill progression, gathering, traits, dodging, underwater, and downed is just a hand-holding a 3 yr old. It doesn’t teach. It hampers play by making it boring and it really dissuades veteran players or even people who have played MMOs before from rolling alts. Honestly, many MMO players are drawn to this game type specifically because it forces some deeper thinking and in-game experimentation.

Ok, so I’m fairly confident a veteran MMO player will have no problem leveling to 15 in a few hours and then everything will be fine.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Please mail me all your items and gold before you leave. Thanks for playing!

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Please mail me all your items and gold before you leave. Thanks for playing!

Fyi emailing large portions of gold could trigger ANET treating you as a gold buyer/seller and ban both accounts. And any good items equipped would be soul bound or acc bound so…

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

People should stop saying they are new as part of their argument….

This system is meant for players who buy the game since NPE-system went live, i.e. since 2-3 days.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Wait, wut?

Yes they do. The changes do not necessarily reflect what everyone wants.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

This system is meant for players who buy the game since NPE-system went live, i.e. since 2-3 days.

So basically, we’re adopting a policy of “What they don’t know, won’t hurt them”?

That’s a bit silly and dishonest.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: andrew.1798

andrew.1798

ANet needs to highlight to players that you can turn the “Content Guide” (compass mode) OFF in the settings.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

So basically, we’re adopting a policy of “What they don’t know, won’t hurt them”?

So, you know that it’ll hurt them?

The information is out there. I guess you could ask them to update their hardcopies? Or what do you want?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

This new leveling experience is just crushes a player’s ability to try new classes out. Gone are the days where you could roll a new alt, try it out for 1-2 hours and get a general feel for the weapon skills and play-style. Nope, now you gotta be level such-&-such just to finally get access to all your weapon skills. We’re going to see a drastic reduction in new alts for existing players. Who wants to wade through this hand-holding sea of blockades?

The NPE should be optional for new players, not a forced regression of the game’s mechanics.

If it takes you 1-2 hours to get to level 15 and have all terrestrial weapon skills and weapon swap, then I gotta say, you’re doing SOMETHING wrong that has nothing to do with the new system. (In fact, it goes against it)

I’ve leveled 2 classes to level 20 each in less than 2 hours (and that was while chatting with my guildmates) with the new system. And by then I have most of my skills already (only missing F4 and underwater skill 5).

As a new player, Im done

Elsdragon.5109

You’re taking that statement to a different meaning; it’s a policy of not dumping a load of info on new players. Hence the hints and weapon skills being unlocked at certain levels.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: fictionfan.4385

fictionfan.4385

Thank you for the feedback. I understand that getting to level 15 unlocks much of the content for your character, but definitely not enough. It goes beyond that though. I’m sure you all already know the list of problems with the level gating and story quest changes in this update, so I wont list them (most notably though my issues stem from level 40 talents, crafting restrictions, and the new story quest system). But I was quite fond of starting new characters in this game, whether to play fresh with friend, or get a feel for a certain class/race. That enjoyment is completely gone now. Obliterated. I may log in and continue with my level 20 in a few days, if I find I need my Guild Wars fix too badly, but it will be done so hesitantly, knowing I’m going to wait another 20 levels for my talents points. And also that I wont be playing any new characters anytime soon, and if I do, the leveling process with be filled with much irritation and woe at having gotten a taste of how much fun it used to be leveling a character and knowing I cant do that anymore. I have played a lot of MMOs, and finished few of them. I usually lose interest after a few days of repetitive grinding. I liked GW2 because it WASNT boring, and I was free to do what I wanted, including making mistakes like taking on higher level enemies, or attempting a stort quest mission above my level. But I liked having the freedom to make those mistakes, and if done correctly they were only obstacles I could get around with work and quick thinking. I dont know how much of this makes sense, as I have trouble putting my thoughts into words, but I’ll leave you with this: when I began playing this game I found it refreshing, free, unique, and most noticeably, it was actually fun to play from the start. I find myself comparing features of this update to games like WoW, which restrict the player in SO many ways it doesn’t need to, and worry that GW2 is going down that path. I feel restricted playing now, and that alone is enough to put a huge damper on the level of entertainment Guild Wars provides.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Resubian.5823

Resubian.5823

How much is Anet paying you to rescue them?

As a new player, Im done

Elsdragon.5109

Fictionfan, I’m not too sure if it’s just that you mistyped it but traits (similar to WoW’s talents) are unlocked at level 30 still (same as in the last feature pack); it’s elite skills that are 40. Not sure if that’ll appease you, but…

As for crafting, don’t think there’s a level gate on it; the information about it is given at level 12, but I don’t think you’re disabled from doing so before that (haven’t tried).

The story quests are indeed bunched up in chapters unlocked at every 10 levels, but like I said, leveling is much faster so hopefully you would reconsider.

The only things that are truly level-gated as far as I know are skills, profession mechanic, personal story chapters, and skill points (from what I can tell).

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Videles.6759

Videles.6759

Sparks they could have used to time to add content to. As a fairly new player myself they ruined the one thing that made this game far more great then the other mmo’s

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

For the past week or so I have been playing a lot of GW2 and having tons of fun. I have 5 characters, 3 of them around level 20. I enjoyed the challenge of the game, and the ability to go where I wanted, and level how I wanted. With this update, the game feels terribly linear. So many cool, unique things that were in the game are not blocked off for me. I’ve tried playing since the update, but I jsut done feel it’s worth my time anymore. I’ll check back in a few months to see if anything has changed. This may seem overdramatic, but really, I’m just not having fun leveling my new characters anymore, and if I cant have fun, what’s the point of playing a game? Congratulations, anet, you’ve lost one of your newest, enthusiastic players. Which I believe was the complete opposite effect of what this update was supposed to bring.

In the spirit of fairness, I suggest you give them some time to iron out what is apparently a lot of bugs surrounding the new system and see if the experience is any different.

See: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Misconceptions-regarding-Level-gating/page/4#post4396936

Or words to that effect.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

ANet needs to highlight to players that you can turn the “Content Guide” (compass mode) OFF in the settings.

The best part of the NPE was the ability to turn at least one aspect of it off. I really don’t need a compass telling me where to go when I have 2 maps to look at and can make my own decisions of where I want to go. Maybe I feel like doing the underwater heart and not the heart the compass is trying to tell me to do? Oops, the skill gating on underwater combat is even worse than regular skill gating…

NPE makes me feel claustrophobic with all these trains and checkpoints they keep shoving in my face.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

OP you seriously need to elaborate on what you feel makes the game ‘more linear’ now and what ‘unique things’ you are now blocked from at level 20.

You might be under some of the misconceptions floating around about what exactly is unlocked and what are just an adjusted cadence for the hints. I find it surprising that you enjoyed the game before the patch and now you find everything you liked about the game to be gone. Not much has changed really.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

In this second feature patch, ArenaNet has done nothing but listen to the community

You mean they listened to focus groups. I don’t ever remember taking an in-game survey or poll, or filling out any suggestion form.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Im really quite surprised about how many people don’t like the levelling changes. I started a new char after the patch and the levelling experience for me has been extremely positive. Ive actually enjoyed the levelling process alot more and considering doing it as a regular thing along with completing multiple personal stories in the process. Id be even more excited about it if levelling and particularly the personal story were a bit more profitable/rewarding however.

I remember when I first started playing this game. The thing that really impressed me was the personal story. I would love if a major part of my gameplay with reliving that personal story. But everytime I log in I ask myself, do I want to earn 20 silver an hour doing something I enjoy, or 15 gold an hour grinding the same content I find boring. Unfortunately, I opt for the gold more often.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: Rogue.7856

Rogue.7856

LOL they are scaring off the very people they ‘claim’ to be catering towards. What a joke Anet… great job with that update to ‘enhancing’ the new player experience. Your ruining your game for EVERYONE!

GG Alts 09/09/14

Sept 09 patch, killed me and my wife’s alt experience…

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

LOL they are scaring off the very people they ‘claim’ to be catering towards. What a joke Anet… great job with that update to ‘enhancing’ the new player experience. Your ruining your game for EVERYONE!

Yeah. Because one piece of anecdotal evidence proves you absolutely right in every regard on this subject. /s

As a new player, Im done

Kamui.4038

Yeah. Because one piece of anecdotal evidence proves you absolutely right in every regard on this subject. /s

And eventually new players will not even have the CHANCE to experience how things were before. Thus, they will not even have a frame of reference in which to compare experiences. They will just witness any remaining older players lament over how GW2 “used to be” and end up feeling they missed out on a Golden Age of sorts, and they would be right to do so.

As a new player, Im done

gryph.8734

And eventually new players will not even have the CHANCE to experience how things were before. Thus, they will not even have a frame of reference in which to compare experiences. They will just witness any remaining older players lament over how GW2 “used to be” and end up feeling they missed out on a Golden Age of sorts, and they would be right to do so.

In this respect, GW2 will end up being just like World of Warcraft.
Bravo, Anet. Bravo

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Not ‘everyone’ – just the vocal majority on the forums. Heck even ipan (one of the biggest critics of the game on this forum) even said s/he’ll uninstall – but ended up re-installing and saying the new leveling system (1-15) isn’t that bad.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

As a new player, Im done

gryph.8734

Not ‘everyone’ – just the vocal majority on the forums. Heck even ipan (one of the biggest critics of the game on this forum) even said s/he’ll uninstall – but ended up re-installing and saying the new leveling system (1-15) isn’t that bad.

Today (9-10-2014) is my first day posting on the forum at all. I’d be interested to know what percentage of GW2 players have ever posted on the forums here at all.

As a new player, Im done

Posted by: eXeth.9134

eXeth.9134

My main issue with this feature pack is the level gating on skills.
This seriously needs to be reworked. I tried the new levelling system today and this (as well as skill point challenges) were my main concerns.

Once you have unlocked all the weapon skills for your current weapon, you can switch to another weapon and already have ALL of them unlocked. Doesn’t this defeat the purpose?

Also; no underwater attacks until lvl 8? Really bad since most of the starter areas (especially sylvari and asura) have huge areas underwater.

You should be encouraging new players to explore, not the other way around.

The rest I can get used to, but these things needs to be changed in my eyes.

People are also saying they get so much experience from doing hearts now, and I tried doing this. But after a little while I ended up being terribly underleveled for the next hearts, and since I couldn’t do my living story yet this was my main income of XP.
So I was forced to either do hearts that were 4-5 levels above me, go to another starting area of the game or start grinding mobs and events. Being taken away the option to start doing my living story ruined it for me.

As a new player, Im done

Kamui.4038

Today (9-10-2014) is my first day posting on the forum at all. I’d be interested to know what percentage of GW2 players have ever posted on the forums here at all.

Why are you looking at posts and not views? There are thousands of people browsing at any given time so the forums do get a lot of attention. Not everyone cares to login and post though especially when several others have already voiced their opinions that one more post isn’t going to make a difference.

I’m not a regular poster either until this update dropped and brought me out of the woodwork. I haven’t done this for any previous update to the game, even the trait changes. Previously I just lurked and would on rare occasions make a post. I imagine this is the same for most people judging from the views threads are getting. I felt obligated to voice concerns though because I want this game to succeed so much. I don’t want to quit or start another game and I would really love it if ANet would stick to their guns and not betray their vision from release.

As a new player, Im done

gryph.8734

Why are you looking at posts and not views? There are thousands of people browsing at any given time so the forums do get a lot of attention. Not everyone cares to login and post though especially when several others have already voiced their opinions that one more post isn’t going to make a difference.

I’m not a regular poster either until this update dropped and brought me out of the woodwork. I haven’t done this for any previous update to the game, even the trait changes. Previously I just lurked and would on rare occasions make a post. I imagine this is the same for most people judging from the views threads are getting. I felt obligated to voice concerns though because I want this game to succeed so much. I don’t want to quit or start another game and I would really love it if ANet would stick to their guns and not betray their vision from release.

I’m kind of in the same boat viz-a-vis not having posted here before until the update dropped. Still, I don’t think you can have your finger on the pulse of the GW2 player base just by lurking in here. It’s not what one would call a “scientifically controlled environmnt.”