Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Aye

You chicken littles need to grow up.

Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JayTeah.4619

JayTeah.4619

I’m not sure if I’ve posted on the forums before… Normally I avoid MMO forums like the plague.

I’m not happy. It’s not about these rings/backs in particular, it’s that you’ve opened the gate to gear grind. I’m going to keep playing, but I’d really like you to backtrack/halt this plan immediately. Don’t change into yet another wow-clone a few months after release.

Look how long you managed to keep GW1 going, There’s people playing even now, and how long ago was it since you introduced a higher tier item in that?

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Of course we don’t know all the details yet.

Of course a lot of these posts are irrational.

But still it’s good that the uproar is as loud as it is.
Simply because that gives a very strong signal.

The dev’s will filter what they can use, no need to do their job for them.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Linsey’s post wasn’t really clarifying, but there might be a reason for that, I don’t really regret spending $60.00 in this game so far, many others had stupid content and they were sucking all the cash out of players.
And for people who also complains about end-game, ANet stated long ago they prefer creating high quality content instead of boring and stupid content just to hold people playing the game.

I’m losing faith in the community little by little…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Rejam.3946

Rejam.3946

Not impressed by this update.
A new tier of gear already is very surprising. A player takes a break from the game and when they come back they are behind. Sounds like a gear treadmill to me. And making it obtainable via one facet of the game is short-sighted.
Agony is also a very lazy mechanic to gate progress. It promotes gear > skill. And it also segregates players. If you want to get further in to the dungeon you wont be taking that “noob” without agony resistance. Oh joy!

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: axiology.5807

axiology.5807

I have to say this though, thank you Moderator for looking through this huge thread and for letting us know that you’re still here. Please, please pass our thoughts and concerns about Ascended items along to the developers. Thank you.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

meh…honestly difficulty is always artificial because its temporary. Once its figured out..its nothing but recreation, it isnt skill its simply experience and most frequently that relates to simply time.

Nobody has done the dungeon..nobody can say if it changes and has incredible design etc..they are assuming it doesnt because of the mechanic of agony, it may very well be that it is ALSO hard “skill” wise..so for that part we can not complain yet.

As for the gear treadmill..yeah…gdiaf please..

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Actually, the blog post merely confirmed all of my fears and changes absolutely nothing about the arguments I made.

…Seriously, can’t we just forget about the increase in stats and restrict the new gear to those infusion slots, which at least appear to be dungeon specific? I could live with that, as long as I wouldn’t automatically need to grind for days to be able to enjoy the new content…

Polka will never die

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Just to put my own flavor on this:
When I first heard about guildwars 2, there was a video, i think, of colin johansen saying you can be downleveled and upleveled. This was removed before the first beta, and there was an article about it somewhere. This WAS supposed to be in the game, but was removed. This was something that I actually liked…any and all content is available to me from the get go, since this entire game is supposed to break the mold from every MMO and do its own thing, re-writing the rule book.

Then DEs were supposed to change the world around me. While I enjoy them, the world stays the same. Centaurs destroyed those water pipes in queensdale. Is divinities reach effected? Is the orchard having problems now? Are centaur’s still spreading because of this? Are they now stronger in queensdale because they have this new footing? No. The world around you stays the same, aside from the few tiles of world that make up that water pipe area.

No grind… Videos of arenanet saying No gear grind, leave that to other MMOs. There is nothing BUT a gear grind. I dont mind running a dungeon, and getting lucky with drops from a boss. But I grind out a dungeon X amount of times for badges to turn in. Thats the grind I dont like.

And now theres this… Gear treadmill. It was said there would be no treadmill, but adding +5 to any stat category effectively makes this a new tear, even if it can be considered to be just a half a tier up. If I want to keep a competitive edge in wvw, I need to farm this new gear. And since we know this is just the tip of a larger iceberg, I’ll be regearing myself and getting rid of my hard earned and GRINDED exotics.

Too many “grey” areas where they have sort of baited me with this game, and for the most part I looked the otherway because the game was still fun. This might be crossing the line.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

can we also customize ascended accessories?

as far as my exotic goes, its emerald +exquisite ruby.

can we do this combo to ascended or we are forced to play a specific set of accessories?

Posted by: CJAncients.6907

CJAncients.6907

No, I hate the new ascended items.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Combat is different than WoW.
Questing is different than WoW.
Dynamic Events is different than WoW.
WvWvW is different than WoW.
Quickbars are different than WoW.
Being in multiple guilds is different than WoW.
Dungeons are slightly different than WoW.
Crafting is different than WoW.
There are no raids in Guild Wars 2

I don’t agree that all of it is different but of course there are differences. What you need to see is that people left other games for certain reasons…and it’s those reasons that you need to worry about.

Quickbars are different…but how many people left WoW because of the quickbars?

Dungeons are different…but look at the complaints about how simplistic they tend to be in GW2 (I said simplistic, not necessarily easy).

There are no raids in GW2…ahh well, that remains to be seen. This new dungeon seems to have a raid feel to it. Sure it’s a 5 man dungeon but it certainly reeks of raiding. Still, I don’t mind raiding as long as it doesn’t mean a gear treadmill.

And this the thing. The endless gear treadmill IS a reason why many people left WoW or other MMOs and ended up here and that’s why it’s a relevant issue.

Because if a vocal group can change the way this game works, against even Anet’s own self-proclaimed prinicples…well, that opens the door for more.

So what could be next: Dungeon finders, parsers? You see, once you go that way, where does it end? We can’t tell because even if Anet says to not worry because there will not be another tier of gear…well, they could change their mind again. And I don’t have the patience of a god, so I will leave as soon as I decide it’s gone too far.

Admittedly, this update gets me close to that edge. Not there yet, but as soon as I decide this game has gone the treadmill way, I know a number of games that are better at that. I don’t need another game with yet another treadmill.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: sotkap.2045

sotkap.2045

People like to complain on these forums.

It was precursors
Then the black lion chests
Then the one time event for halloween
Then back to precursors
And now we have this fiasco.

And after everyone realizes its not as serious as theyre making it out to be they’ll find something else, probably precursors again lol.

This man gave the answer…
I havent seen so much kittening and crying in any game forums….
I feel like i play with toddlers…..

P . M . A

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I believe that they plan on expanding this specific dungeon, not adding more of them that would require new gears.

“Speaking of rewards, the Fractals of the Mist Dungeon will introduce the new ‘Ascended’ item type. This type is a bit more powerful than the Exotic quality items currently found in the game. There will only be a couple of Ascended quality items available initially, but some of the rarer Ascended items will also feature a new Infusion slot that will make players even more powerful so that they can tackle new challenges that ArenaNet plans to throw at them as they continue to expand on the dungeon over the coming months and years.”

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/6882/A-Peek-into-the-November-Update.html/page/1

This makes it sound like the end game content you would need the gear for would be for FoTM specifically.

I do hope that if they add more mini-dungeons and special bosses to the mix, that they are randomed into the mix with all the others from difficulty 1, thus making sure that everyone actually has access to all the content regardless of their gear.

I would also guess that any future end game dungeons will have their own mechanics with their own gear pieces or infusions specific to that mechanic. In which you would also get the materials/ gears for that dungeon from that dungeon. Think of it like gear sets for dungeons, except these are mechanic sets for specific dungeons.

This would make it so your not required to do any one thing before the others, and you can experience all the content regardless of gear level.

Posted by: greg.3792

greg.3792

No there are better things to grind for – I would grind a long time to get an extra skill bar slot.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Please …

The game is young, and it is our ideas and voices that make it evolution. This is a well organized and we support new ideas and suggestions to make beautiful addons!

This would be great if they were listening to us. We’ll see Nov 16th. Thus far there’s been quite a number of little problems from design decisions that have caused all kinds of progression issues for their players. DR both in open world and dungeons, MF not working properly at higher percentages, the scout professions being endlessly nerfed in pvp and it effecting pve. So far they haven’t done anything friendly to many players that I’ve seen.

There comes a point where you might as well not even login until these bugs or poor design decisions are rectified honestly. And keep in mind the reason why I’m so loud is I was promised by Anet a different gaming experience from the sub only lobby end game dungeon only crappy games we’ve seen for years. This is not helping in the slightest. Also this is coming from a guy who is a big time fan. Something must be done.

I’ll reserve judgement until Nov 16th, but I have a feeling they aren’t really listening to the majority anymore and are just pandering to the minority. (The majority of players are pve openworld content gatherers crafters explorers, not dungeon runners.)

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

This whole thing is just hilarious, especially how some people react to 8%. I remember very well the mass QQ about Orbs of Power in WvW. And now its “ow 8% is nothing”.

And then there is the people “lol wut good is MF?”. Its a placeholder stat that can be interchanged with say, Critdmg.
I got 32% critdmg from my trinkets now, after the stats go up by 40% for this im looking at +44% critdmg. Plus ofcourse 8% more power/prec/anyotherstat across the board.

I would get a big advantage over players that do not have this gear, these players will be forced to keep up and grind this gear aswell.
And then thinking about how they said this was just the beginning. After 3 months its already “get better gear or gtfo”, cant wait to completely regrind my full gearset every kitten time just to stay competitive in WvW.

And funny enough, i have to NOT do WvW to get this stuff. And then ofcourse the whole “you can just play with the friends” and “we want to be a grind-free MMO”. Unless i am being handed this gear in a silver plater everytime, it means i have to grind. And i cannot just jump in with my friends anymore, especially not if you like having a few alts.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

Posted by: vysaek.8290

vysaek.8290

Not to mention, that’s just magic find, I’m sure there will be a crit dmg one, and every other bonus just like exotics now, so if that’s magic find and a 3% increase on that just one ring to boot, it’ll be a 3% increase to crit dmg as well.

Anyone in their right mind who mins/maxes will agree the new jewelry is far superior and you will need it to progress from here on out.

Has their been a treadmill created? Offically yes if they walk out with those items. What they could have done is just gave us a quest that will result in infusing our items so there would be no gear treadmill, but instead they went with this option where the stats are OBVIOUSLY better and now the new infusions making them REQUIRED. And don’t argue with the point of “you won’t need it if you don’t do the dungeon” so if you dont’ do this dungeon, you won’t need this right now, but what about 3 months down the road?

So.

You want a game with no new gear, stats or [name it here] to fight the whole 4 dragons we have to whipe yet.

You want the same, items, whithout any change or new mechanic… I find that kind of boring myself.

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

No, I hate the new ascended items.

the new dungeon sounds cool, but agony and mudflation are terrible.
would rather have no new content than this

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: krs.7520

krs.7520

I have actually no idea what the rage is about, i think many are just jumping on the band wagon without really understanding whats going on.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

Uh, the game already is a grinding farm game. What do you think “farming in Orr” is, other than repeating the same thing over and over again?

I do not grind or farm, and will never have “exotic” gear, because I saw that it was a built in time-sink farm festival. If I wanted to farm, I would play Farmville on Facebook.

Since the game requires that one farm and grind to have the “best gear” I am forced to wander around doing nothing at 80 except “achievements”—-which are, again, yet another “grind”.

I work on lower character’s stories, but for me, the excitement is gone, since I know when they grow up they will either become farmers or retire. My choice is clear.

Personally, I do not know why people are upset about ascended gear, it is just another grind/farm for you to accomplish after you finish your grind/farm for your exotic.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: quadi.1263

quadi.1263

For the life of me, I cannot think of why they would go ahead with this. For a game that will live or die based on the continued support of their player base, outright lying to them and betraying their trust seems like an incredibly stupid idea.

If you go all paranoid, you could argue that once people reached the power plateau at lvl 80 they were no longer spending money on the gem store; as more people reach that point in the game, their revenue suddenly flattens. Would also kind of shed a different light on the “invite a friend” promo — they need to bring more cash in.

Posted by: AdraCo.6372

AdraCo.6372

Dear Arena Net

I come to official forums to simply say that Im soooo disappointed with your new way of “gear progression”, i hope you give your decision reversed and forget this way.

You can not satisfy all the people, dont try it.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I’m not so sure If I like this, it sounds like they’re trying to cater to hardcore wow players, in the end when you really think about it, you can’t enjoy this new dungeon without being geared properly which will spark a community of elitism that destroyed so many other games. I certainly can’t see myself grinding since I play once every 2-4 days.

I can only hope this isn’t what we can expect of future updates in terms of end-game content…

What happened to “we don’t want our players to grind” philosophy? Went down the drain already? I’m not happy really, this seemed like the ONE game that will eliminate player segregation and grind festivals

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

can we also customize ascended accessories?

as far as my exotic goes, its emerald +exquisite ruby.

can we do this combo to ascended or we are forced to play a specific set of accessories?

I think that is the point of having stats already on them..there is no customization past the infusion..so you have to farm more for the stats you want.

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

That blog post would have been written hours if not days before this information was released and before people started complaining, dont get mad at that blog, wait for a new update with more information and then we can have a constructive conversation.

Right now people are just getting upset over nothing.

Posted by: Bardes.1870

Bardes.1870

vysaek.8290 – you must have missed where i also said “from what I read on the blog post this is what it looks like”

There is information out there, and the information doesn’t look promising. Hey at the end of the day its a FTP game that I enjoy playing with the family. One of the reasons we decided to play it was no gear progression. if that changes and gear progression becomes the norm, we will just find another game, or something else to do.

No one is “raging” stating an opposing opinion is just that, stating an opposing opinion. Sitting back and not saying anything, considering we enjoy playing, would accomplish nothing.

There is information, ok. But the WHOLE information or only a tiny bit?

And what does acomplish stating an oposition in something you dont fully dont know? they only added a preview of what it is going to come and you are all jugding it event without knowing the whole thing! Even without testing it! Its like a baby cry for eating something you dont like, and you event had a taste yet.

There are too many mmorpg doing this or similar systems. Many “haters” here have already tasted enough.

You cant use that “hate” to attack something you even dont know yet at the full. You may have your reasons to have that fear, but it does not give you the right. I prefer to wait and see, and then jugde.

You’ll see GW2 become more and more WoW-like and also realise how other mmorpgs were killed .

*shrug

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

We totally understand that you are nervous what awaits you. But this is no reason to break our Community Code of Conduct. We removed several Off-Topic postings and links to pages, that are not related to Guild Wars 2 in any way.

We reopened the thread again, but please read our newest blogpost about the topic of the thread: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/. These are the most recent information about this topic. Thank you for you understanding.

Yeah im no nervous,im angry to see a great philosophy who mantain the GW saga almost 8 years throw to garbage, and furthemore after repeat and repeat that the gear will follow the same horizontal progresion of GW1, all lies.

Why i should trust in arena.net to buy the first expansion or still playing the game ?

The only thing that arena.net should do the dungeons is improve the mechanic to make it funnier, improve the rerward more yellows/exotic no 3 blues in each chest, lodestones, unique skins in the chest like GW1 or better chance to get a Prechursor.

But no, they will give us something that the most of community didnt want and a great reason why people buy this game like people did with GW1, no vertical progression.

Not only betray the new costumers with lies, you betray your core GW1 community to catch some “WoW community”, and i tell you something, the old WoW community will not comeback and you will lose your core community.

And the lack of pvp like GvG , AH etc… dont help.

Posted by: Swoo.5079

Swoo.5079

Problem:
Fractal Dungeon is endless.

Agony gear is only needed in its lower levels.

Agony gear is nerfed as it can only slot infusion thingies, therefore has slightly higher stats to compensate.

Solution:
Ignore the frikken Dungeon and do what you´ve done till now.

The problem is that Ascendant gear isn’t nerfed – it is auto upgraded and then has a buff on top of that.

Additionally outside of the dungeon that player with ascendant items/legendary items (that will be equivalent to ascendant) will be more efficient than one with full exotics.

One could say that a player with full exotic is already stronger than one without.

True.

But apparently Anet is adding ascendant because exotics is too easy to get and so ascendant will be harder to get than exotic.

For casual players not interested in grinding, exotics were relatively easy to get. Ascendant will be harder to get (and don’t be mistaken, harder is grinding not higher difficulty challenge, especially because there will be crafted ascendant).

Ah, lets not ignore Ascendant with no infusion slot and Ascendant with infusion slot – how does one justify Ascendant with no infusion slot?

Ascended items are Anet biggest mistake and a kneejerk reaction.

Posted by: sotkap.2045

sotkap.2045

Yes, I love the new ascended items
Yes, I love the new content
Yes, i would shut the f up and wait till the actual patch before i start raging in forums,kittening,crying,asking for a refund,cut my wrists,drink alcohol to forget….

P . M . A

Posted by: DrCereal.1765

DrCereal.1765

“I hope you are all as excited…”

is the new

“Aren’t you grateful?”

greg.3792

If you look at the poll from another thread you are in the minority. Most people do no not want gear grinding.

I would grind for an extra skill bar slot though.

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I just hate knee jerk reactions to things like this. Why are all gamers so conservative? Its like watching Fox News whenever someone does something that they can spin to be horrible/world ending/hitleresque. Its just a bunch of people overreacting and when the event happens and people like it, those same people will embrace it and pretend that they were never calling wolf in the first place. Grow up guys.

Posted by: Tobkilla.4612

Tobkilla.4612

I don’t mind the idea about ascended gear just to be able (with the use of infusion slots) to play certain or future high-end dungeons.

But I don’t see the need to give ascended gear higher stats than exotic – because if it’s coming like this you need that gear to stay up-to-date in WvWvW…

Posted by: kellian.9712

kellian.9712

vysaek.8290 – you must have missed where i also said “from what I read on the blog post this is what it looks like”

There is information out there, and the information doesn’t look promising. Hey at the end of the day its a FTP game that I enjoy playing with the family. One of the reasons we decided to play it was no gear progression. if that changes and gear progression becomes the norm, we will just find another game, or something else to do.

No one is “raging” stating an opposing opinion is just that, stating an opposing opinion. Sitting back and not saying anything, considering we enjoy playing, would accomplish nothing.

There is information, ok. But the WHOLE information or only a tiny bit?

And what does acomplish stating an oposition in something you dont fully dont know? they only added a preview of what it is going to come and you are all jugding it event without knowing the whole thing! Even without testing it! Its like a baby cry for eating something you dont like, and you event had a taste yet.

But again your wrong, I have tried this system in LOTRO, its basically the EXACT SAME SYSTEM they tried with radiance gear. Furthermore, as you can see the links others have posted it is clearly stated that this is just the beginning.

Are we really arguing about facts now? Anet releases a blog that clearly states this is just the beginning of all of this, how much more information does one need to form an opinion? This was a game that was supposed to have no gear progression, that is what they said and part of why we bought the game. Now they are doing something different.

pretty sure I have all the information I need, but I’m willing to see what the Dev’s say. Maybe they change their mind (probably not), maybe they change how it’s implemented (probably not). That’s why I’m waiting to see what they say, maybe they have a change of heart (again probably not)…but I like the game enough to give them a chance.

“how much more information does one need to form an opinion?”

All of it.

The bottom line is you are going to like this system no matter what they say, while some of us have been playing these games (MMO’s) for years and know where this is headed based on their own blog post, and have played systems like this in the past.

if you really don’t see it, and really don’t see a philosophy switch (just based on their quotes about the game before release and what their blog post from yesterday says)…then how can we (you and I) have a real discussion about it when you refuse to acknowledge something that is plain to see for everyone else that is the basic starting point of the discussion?

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I don’t like the sound of it, and from the looks of it it is what I’m thinking. The reason why I play and support this game with my time and money is because of the non-gear progression it offered, and that’s all about to be changed in a few days, I for one will stop supporting the game with my money if it is what it seems like, and I’ll seriously consider quitting altogether.

I do not approve it.

NAY for me.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Flynch.6034

Flynch.6034

Of course we don’t know all the details yet.

Of course a lot of these posts are irrational.

But still it’s good that the uproar is as loud as it is.
Simply because that gives a very strong signal.

The dev’s will filter what they can use, no need to do their job for them.

It definitely gives a strong signal that the game is very much alive, i’ll give you that And it also gets across the point that we don’t want a forced gear treadmill for the most part.

But if people are screaming at the top of their lungs at a passing plane, when it turns out to be a seagull, then people start looking a bit cuckoo.

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Did you see much (any?) complaining about new things when they first fore-shadowed they will be introducing a new mechanic and in general, new things in the update?
No, because people were excited about change and new stuff.

But not a change that broke years-long promises of what the game will be like. Gear treadmill was mentioned by the deveopers multiple times as one the the mechanics they definietly would not be introducing into the game, one of the things where GW2 was supposed to be “different”. This was one of the reason – for many people tired of the pointless treadmill of other games maybe one of the most important – reasons why they bought the game.

So no, not “please, people stop” but “Please Arena, stop what you’re doing because it’s a very bad idea, please go back to the road you followed sucesfully for the last decade and to your old philosphy”.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

People like to complain on these forums.

It was precursors
Then the black lion chests
Then the one time event for halloween
Then back to precursors
And now we have this fiasco.

And after everyone realizes its not as serious as theyre making it out to be they’ll find something else, probably precursors again lol.

1 Precursors: skyrocketed in price and remained a huge barrier for many players even BEGINNING their legendary weapon grind (yes, it’s a grind…)

What about these is, or was ok considering they are looking into changing how they are obtained to make them involve more of a “scavenger hunt” feeling to them. Not expecting it to suddenly be worth doing for myself but for some it might help.

Question is what part of this is NOT worth discussing, sorry “whingeing” about?

2 Black lion chests:

Low drop rates, very very few “worthwhile items” and skins that make these a real gamble, something which western audiences HATE with a fiery passion, again if it’s part of a mechanic that seems off, or a step too far towards pseudo gambling online, but with a different skin on it to mask that, why shouldn’t players tell A-Net that they’d be more comfortable paying for unique aesthetics or buying boosters standalone without chests thus removing the feeling of gambling?

Are you REALLY telling us that it’s whingeing to take a ingame aspect which many find uncomfortable and wrong and explain to the developers, who may view things differently. Why we feel these aspects are wrong?

and before you pull it out.. put the self entitlement card back in the deck, it was coined by EA and lets face it, they’re pretty much one of the most horrendously bad games publishers in the industry.

3 Halloween:

Was kinda fun in one or two aspects for me, the scavenger hunt which opened in part had me looking at loading screen after loading screen and at the 4th or 5th one where it would give some cryptic clue to a location I probably hadn’t bothered to go to I figured “meh” there was probably no reason to do it aside from candy corn, which was spammed

I wasn’t expecting ANYTHING much from it, I don’t expect much from the game in terms of non expansion updates but what I would prefer is for them to FINISH THE ACTUAL GAME WE BOUGHT before they start throwing out events which seem to only attempt to boost the black lion chest sales…

What I don’t get is, if you’re SO happy with the game as is, then why are you even commenting on the forum about those that feel their “part” of the game gameplay wise is in need of improvement and whatnot? shouldn’t you be ingame spamming spvp or wv3? aren’t happy players the ones that don’t post and are in playing the game etc etc?

Seems like a lot of players will literally go out of their way to call everyone who isn’t satisfied a whingebag or a thinly veiled variant of the term, while claiming the game at least to them is fine. One can only wonder if it’s because they’re just trying to justify their satisfaction to themselves, or that they just get a kick out of being irresponsible consumers due to a sense of fanboyism or just being too darn easily pleased or selfish.

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

Posted by: Skorner.3701

Skorner.3701

I have actually no idea what the rage is about, i think many are just jumping on the band wagon without really understanding whats going on.

Exaclty how I feel, if the system works the way you stated (it’s a bit confusing to udnerstand) people will all be able to experience the dungeons and content in their current gear, it’s only if they want an increased challenge they can repeat them for the new gear.

If this IS in fact how it works, and it works the same way for every new mini dungeon from here on. I don’t think anyone should be complaining.

Havign new gear in the game shouldn’t be a problem. Being forced to attain the gear before you can experience the content is.

(edited by Skorner.3701)

Posted by: Riduy.1682

Riduy.1682

If a player cannot find an end-game right now, one more tier is not going to magically convince them. Well said, thumbs up to you!

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

I think ANet is pressured to do this because they are losing players, so now they’re going against their own , as what ppl call it, ‘manifesto’….

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

To each their own, but if you want an endless gear grind end game, that game has been done and copied at least a dozen times. Can’t GW2 be something different instead of pandering to the upper 10% of players that like that sort of game?

The best thing about GW2 is I can achieve the best in slot gear any way I want. I can craft for it, I can run Dungeons, or I can just quest the world and save up my Karma with daily achievements and dynamic events.

IMHO if the Best in slot gear now gets locked away in small little instanced dungeons that’s now going to pigeonhole me into said content instead of playing the game I like to play, out in the open world with hundreds of other players to interact with.
That would be a real shame, and likely take the fun out of GW2 for me.

The fear is this just cements that whole gear progression mentality into the game.
How long do you think it’s going to take before you start to here …” no sorry we are only taking players into our “Guild / Group / Party/ Dungeon Run” with full Ascended sets …sorry try a noob Guild.

I think this just goes against the whole design template for this game. GW2 was about taking down the barriers that prevented players from interacting with one another, and tiered gear systems that lock out contents is a 360 to that core philosophy.

Posted by: Leohan.1096

Leohan.1096

The main difference in this Ascended Armor and GW1?s Ascension is that the character does not do a quest to gain access to an the elite areas of the game. Or go infuse there favorite set of armor to with stand a Mursaat attack. No these are pieces of armor that must be grinded out to be able to have access to the elite area.
Your Exotic Armor at certain point in this new elite dungeon will become useless and you will hit a wall until you “HAVE” / “NEED” to wear the Ascended Armor.

Get ready for the “LFG must have Ascended Armor”, this is GW1?s must have this rank or this skill to just to join a group all over again.

To me, thought the 7 year beta test that was Guild Wars 1, had Anet learn its lessons on what works and what does not. People not being able to join Domain of Anguish because they did not have certain things needed to get it done, was frustrating.
Anyone remember not being able to play the game because you did not have Ursan Blessing top ranks, when that skill was super overpowered.

Not to mention how this going to effect other parts of the game, Am I going to get one shotted in World vs World because I did not update my Exotic Armor in the last 9 months? Adding in another set of armor fine, another tier, fine. However the greater stat bonus for these new armors must stop here and go no further or the pile dirt created will become a mountain for new comers or people who took a break from the game years from now.

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

So.

You want a game with no new gear, stats or [name it here] to fight the whole 4 dragons we have to whipe yet.

You want the same, items, whithout any change or new mechanic… I find that kind of boring myself.

Oh, I do want new gear – merely cosmetically new gear that is. Maybe some new runes at some point, but surely not 2 months into the game…

Polka will never die

greg.3792

I just hate knee jerk reactions to things like this. Why are all gamers so conservative? Its like watching Fox News whenever someone does something that they can spin to be horrible/world ending/hitleresque. Its just a bunch of people overreacting and when the event happens and people like it, those same people will embrace it and pretend that they were never calling wolf in the first place. Grow up guys.

It is not about being conservative. They want to add progression but they were not very innovative about it – a gear treadmill.

How about a huge long quest which ends with an additional skill slot. That would be more fun.

Posted by: Angrec.6970

Angrec.6970

Not to mention this infusion mechanic has been done in other mmos before (radiance in lotro and resistance in vanilla wow being prime examples). It was so utterly horrible it killed lotro and was so universally hated blizzard abandoned the mechanic in tbc.

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

You do realize that agony is only in the most deepest levels of new dungeon, not anywhere else. Impact to the overall PvE experience will be minimal.

there will be more content patches in the future.

What will they be scaled for?What stats will they use that were introduced in previous patches?

What gear will they offer beyond the one coming this week?

If the game would end after nov 16, it wouldn’t be that much of a deal indeed.
But where will they take it from here?

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

Finish the cycle of Eternal Return~

I actually convinced a friend to buy and play the game because he is busy, but could play from time to time. I’m afraid now every time he logs on I’ll just have to point him at some new benchmark gear. R.I.P.

I don’t wanna sound mean but your friend can buy cheap exotics that only has few less stats than Ascended gears. And for those that have extra time they can spend on other things to get better gears. I don’t see any problem with that and everyone know this from beginning when the game started:
=> Exotics > Green > Blue > White
now Legendaries + Ascended > Exotic > Green > Blue > White; suddenly people start QQ!

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Remember that one that started collapsing because of that easily farmed event in the Mad Kings Zone? The even that resulted in an emergency fix where they nerfed the chest to the point it was no longer worth doing the event?

Wonder how everybody is going to feel when they can’t sell their exotics because of all the new ascended armour coming in over the next few content updates. To forget peoples reaction to it that easily you would think it hadn’t happened only last month.

There are 2 pieces coming out a ring and a back , and they are only useful in the new dungeon that will probably give exos for the higher rewards so its really no big deal.