As someone who loved BDO, thank you.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

There are many companies who have constantly dumped on their playerbase. ArenaNet and Blizzard are an exception to this, I like to feel that no matter how far you leave from the game and come back due to being burnt out they still cater to your needs.

We all went into a panic when the pre-patch notes came up of “AB MM is going to be removed”, but they added a leather farm, which I personally feel that is so refreshing to spend hours grinding mobs instead of opening chests and shovelling up bandit loot.

This patch is refreshing, it feels nice, the map is aesthetically pleasing and the events are actually engaging. An army that will fight back? Bring it!

The farm that you promised us gives us something more I feel more mentally rewarding than chest / bandit loot farming. This brings a little bit of BDO into GW2 without the nitty gritty P2W and constantly fighting over monsters.

I hope the team continue to provide. I will be providing a nice thread detailing some of the things the community would also like to see come back in one of the major quarterly updates (I’m still gathering feedback about it).

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

(edited by DakotaCoty.5721)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I think ANet has been doing great lately, but at the same time, I still don’t think GW2’s ever going to meet its full potential, or even get back to where it was, until they take some of the games systems back to formula like FFXIV and ESO both did, both of which have also passed up GW2 at this point in concurrent player numbers and financial gain, in spite of two of the worst launches to ever come from any major studio MMO.

Overhauling major systems goes a long way to prove that the developers still give a crap about a game.

And this comes to mind in this thread, because GW2 could afford to take a few pages from BDOs action combat system – more frequently used abilities, better telegraphs, fewer one-shots, more frequently available but more precise defense, and defense and utility which scale from your chosen stats in such a meaningful way that they are not ignored in favor of cheesing a spammy copy/pasted invincibility frame skill.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

OP, can you clearify what you want with black desert online?

As much as you love the game, someone else might have a different idea. I like threads with more concrete detail

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

BDO’s combat system is certainly… flashy… I didn’t enjoy it. It was too spammy and facerolly. You can’t even move in certain directions without activating a skill you may not want to use yet. It appeals to people who want to see lots of numbers and swords slashing around quickly with lots of slashy slashy sounds. I would say BDO is more like ninja gaiden 2 while GW2 is more like diablo.

Posted by: Nekroseth.9253

Nekroseth.9253

Personally cant see the reason they dont listen to community more…it takes them waaaaaaaaay to much time to get anything done… at the mmo genre time really important thing.
(personally i assume -might be wrong- nc is focusing on to many projects and gw is the last in the line…and is neglected on a big scale)

The game has insane many things i dislike….i mean still dislike, but it DID improve a LOT, trough compared to Gw1 i dont even want to think on things…just drink a couple of beers and i forget it all, and can enjoy most of it.
The only real thing that right now is poking my eye…is that a lot of players like me wants more and combat roles ..a lot of players want support class or spec …they dont really understand, that having combat roles is good and gives variety…taking them away and making it a dodge or die and run around and rez ppl is boring.
Action trinity is the most insanely fun combat if you ask me. It can be and was done. I dont say make it trinity….but do redesign the core combat system.

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

not gonna lie, not a BDO fan, but then again, I probably played differently from you, since all I did was to do enough events to procede