As the SAB festival nears a close...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I want to once again give a BIG thank you to the devs who worked to bring it back for us. It meant a lot to finally be able to play my favorite frustratingly-difficult challenge of tribulation mode again. I look forward to seeing SAB again next year. Thank you!

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Yes, thank you Anet, Josh, and all involved. Many skins were obtained and many cosplays enhanced. Thanks!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yes, thanks to all involved. I finally beat Tribulation mode in every zone.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree.

I was so happy to finally get to finish my Honours in Applied Jumping title, get screen shots of more than just World 1 Zone 1 (I have no idea why I didn’t do the rest last time but if I did I lost them) and finally get around to attempting Tribulation Mode.

I’m really looking forward to this becoming a permanent fixture to look forward to every year.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Now, NOW I see why that SAB thread stuck around for so long. I’ll be looking forward to it’s return next time.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So glad I got to dig into SAB. Got some nifty skins, a title I missed out on before, all that good stuff.

Burned out a little early, since the thought of doing World 2 achievements sapped me of my will to live, but I hope to get around to it next time!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I only lightly touched on SAB in previous years, because I was busy at the time, but I managed to spend a weekend in World 1 this year doing achievements, and I had a great time. I’m really looking forward to tackling World 2 next year!

Thanks to the people who brought it back! Great to finally see what all the fuss is about.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

a toast of bobble brew to the team who worked on sab, for a job well done

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

*Raises glass of bubble brew

I’m happy I got to experience this content. When it first came out years ago, I skipped it as I was still establishing my character, the second release, I didn’t have any time. And I figured it would come back again. I was so sad when I learned it may never come back. Happy I got to play it, I beat both worlds and had fun doing so, I tried Tribulation mode, but I decided with exams looming I’ll save that for next year. Thanks for bringing back this content. I think a lot would love to see season 1 in a similar fashion. Although I played through most of it. (I never did the marionette fight though )

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m very happy we got to play SAB again. I finished the blue, green, and yellow collections finally and have given dozens upon dozens of gameplay hours to the content. I hope that the metrics show everyone at ANet just how important SAB is to us, and how badly we want W3.

Cheers, ANet!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Thank you ArenaNet.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Thoroughly enjoy the Festivals and SAB is my favorite, even if I’m not that great at it.
Thank You !

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

THANK YOU ARENANET.

I unlocked every skin (except all Kaiser) and 100%‘d the achievements, I look forward to next year’s festival! I also put real money in to buy every SAB gemstore item, I hope a lot of other people showed there support and did that as well so they reconsider their stance on making World 3 for next time

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I chose to celebrate the end of the SAB festival (and getting home early) by playing through every single zone in normal mode.

Which I realise is just a normal part of daily play for many people, but for me that’s a lot of time to spend on one activity. But it was worth it to see them all one last time before they go away for a year.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

It was good, but I’m much more interested in LS 3, balance and bug fixing.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

It was fantastic to play it again, and for my wife and I to do MUCH better this time than last time!

We had a BLAST but… I’m actually not sorry to see it go… it was ALL we were doing.

I look forward to getting sucked in again next year

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Thanks you so much! SAB was just as good as I remember. Thank you so much for bringing it back

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Yes World 3 next year would rock!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yeah, thanks for bringing the best content back (even though its temporary again ).

Hopefully next year we’ll get zone 3 (I really want the red weapons).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Hear hear /15 bewildered charrs

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Posted by: kbootypop.2905

kbootypop.2905

I just want it so I can keep making fat gold

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Thank you ArenaNet!
But please can you make it permanent so we can choose to play whenever we want to in our own convenience? If it was permanent then we could enjoy other parts of the game without the need to rush through it with little time some of us have. SAB deserves to be its own minigame for GW2, It doesn’t make sense to call it a festival. What festival exactly are we celebrating? It makes no sense to call it such. If it’s suppose to be April fool’s joke then it doesnt make sense because SAB is not really a “Joke”, it’s a pretty kitten good minigame that’s for sure and deserves to be permanent. It gives people something to do when taking a break from the main game activities.

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Please let us rescue the princess! Make more worlds!

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Thanks Josh and his team, I loved the return and hope to see it again soon.

Please add more content for next time, even if it is only World 3 Zone 1!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Decided to pass on it this year, but maybe next time. Glad they did it regardless. A lot of people have been asking for SAB for a while.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Thank you Anet! thank you for allowing me to get a boom box, mini moto, and plush backpack

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I didn’t really get the point of it but I’m glad it made some of you folk happy!
Another annual festival for the calendar is always welcome.

Posted by: Hapmuhr.2781

Hapmuhr.2781

First time SABer here. I really loved this and I’m impressed at the sheer amount of work the devs put in when they created this the first time. I also have to tip my hat at the INSANE attention to detail that they poured into Tribulation mode for world 1. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a multiplayer experience quite that much in my life. (and I’m old enough to actually know what all the SAB references are about..)

With all that said, World 2s Trib mode was a huge letdown for my guild since we expected more difficulty and more challenging puzzles. But we quickly discovered that there’s just a lot of incredibly hard pixel perfect jumps and that really made us quit beforehand. Figuring out where the “gotcha!”s are is nice, but just repeating the same jump 20 times because you missed pressing your button a microsecond too late is not challenging, it’s tedious. I will say though that the troll in 2-2 had us all laughing so hard that we had to take a long time-out to compose ourselves again. Best troll in a game I’ve ever seen in a game

Edit: Also, there is something seriously wrong with the Norns jumping acceleration formula. Sometimes I just like an Eagle, other times I plummet to my death.

Edit2: It’s a shame 2-2 is so cheap with regards to jumps, I nearly didn’t finish it, but decided against it and got to 2-3. I can only bow since I’m speechless. 2-3… just get there people. It’s beyond anything.

(edited by Hapmuhr.2781)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I would also like to extend my gratitude to all devs involved in bringing SAB back! I had much fun, and finally got to complete both green and yellow collections (funnily enough I’m missing the most farm-ish, which is blue heh).

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Thank You form me as well. Unfortunately real life threw a wrench in my original plans of 20 straight days of SAB, but it was fun.

That said, I seriously envy the first time SAB players out here, as for me… the wanderlust was diminished by the fact that there weren’t that many things I was missing from Back to School. Here is for more things to do next year, I know you said chances are slim, however, I have to try and think positive for once.

I want W3 just for the new soundtrack that entails, there I said it… for me SAB tunes are the best background “noise” for repetitive content, ergo which is why I can’t think of SAB itself as a grind (not that it was, compared to some other things, but it does fit the basic definition of the term).

Here is hoping that today/tomorrow brings something cool, I really would like to stick around until LS3 actually starts rather than looking elsewhere until then.

Edit: Really, forum software, really? You don’t censor “wanderlust”, but you censor plenty of other things where there you have a space between normal words that just happen to line up so that they create a “bad” word.

(edited by Crise.9401)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Where should I go to say goodbye to the Super Adventure Box?