Ascended

Ascended

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rallar.2986

Rallar.2986

So things started out with rings and accessories available through laurels, fractals (drop and vendor), guild rewards, reduced prices in WvWvW.

Then weapons came around that were only available through drops.

Then crafting came in to make both weapons and eventually armor.

So what happened?

I seem to recall an announcement that ascended equipment was supposed to be available from several sources. It started out pretty good, varied options but weapons and armor are only accessible through drops or crafting?

I have been lucky to get some drops in fractals and am crafting away but should it really be the only sources to get them?

One of the key things I liked about this game was being able to pick and choose the armor I wanted to get both stat wise and look wise.

Now everything feels so split its hard to say “Hey I want to do X and get to max stats while still looking good”.

Ascended

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Offering ascended jewelry through laurels was a horrible idea. Now it’s going to be challenging as hell for ArenaNet to come up with a viable method of adding ascended jewelry crafting or forever leave the cap at level 400 with cooking.

Ascended

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I believe WvW and some world bosses can drop Ascended armor. Someone back me up here.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Ascended

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I believe WvW and some world bosses can drop Ascended armor. Someone back me up here.

wvw can, rarely, with the rank up (maybe only the winning chests) chests. I’ve gotten an armor one so far.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Ascended

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

wvw can, rarely, with the rank up (maybe only the winning chests) chests. I’ve gotten an armor one so far.

Yes, world bosses and wvw lords can drop both ascended weapon and armor chests.

I got an Adelbern’s Royal Signet Ring from a rank up bag in wvw, which I thought was nifty. Havent played wvw since on that char haha

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.