Ascended Amulet Infusions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

So I would like to apply my utility infusion to my ascended amulets, but the problem is that the recipe to infuse the amulet is not available yet.
Now if I were just putting the 75 relic versatile infusion in there, it wouldn’t be such a big deal. But since I want to put the utility infusion in there, I don’t want to lose the utility infusion when I infuse the amulet in the mystic forge. Utility infusions are 20 laurels, and since I want to have utility on both my mains, that’s 40 laurels or a months worth down the drain if I apply the infusion before the recipe is released.

Solution 1: release the recipe so we can get on with it.

Solution 2: Read the infusion in the amulet and simply return it when the amulet is infused in the MF. (i.e. return two items, the infused amulet and the utility infusion).

If solution 2 is going to be the path anet chooses (which I beleive is the correct path; imagine all those poor souls who lost the +5stat infusions without knowing), could be have a dev or mod confirm?

Cheers
MOUSE

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Grahf.8725

Grahf.8725

This assumes they want you to allow you to upgrade it. That may not be the case.

Quick Mouse.7635

Didn’t they say that recipes for infusing the amulet will come at a later date?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I didn’t read a thing about infusion amulets. I pretty much assumed they wouldn’t since they’ve got nothing to do with fotm.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I didn’t read a thing about infusion amulets. I pretty much assumed they wouldn’t since they’ve got nothing to do with fotm.

And yet the infused versions are present in game database – just currently inaccessible.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Nikon Justus.6902

Nikon Justus.6902

What makes me mad is that they wont even say weather or not we will be able to, there has been many threads about this and NO word from them, so we just have to sit and wonder or throw away our laurels, and thats BS

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

And yet the infused versions are present in game database – just currently inaccessible.

Doesn’t mean a thing. There’s a lot of stuff in the database of both GW1 and GW2 that’s never used ingame.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Niila Nuppunen.9875

Niila Nuppunen.9875

What makes me mad is that they wont even say weather or not we will be able to, there has been many threads about this and NO word from them, so we just have to sit and wonder or throw away our laurels, and thats BS

Quoted for truth. People have been wondering this in various threads since the release of amulets and still not a single word about it from devs.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Quoted because im the OP of one of those threads. No answer given.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Quick Mouse.7635

LeSigh…Do I just got ahead and the my gold find infusion then? =_=

Posted by: khefka.2804

khefka.2804

Unless you want to have to constantly rebuy the utility infusion then why would you put it in an amulet you want to infuse? You may as well buy a second amulet, one for fractals/agony and one for utility world pve/dungeons. There isn’t a reason to infuse an amulet with a utility infusion in it that I can see.

Quick Mouse.7635

Unless you want to have to constantly rebuy the utility infusion then why would you put it in an amulet you want to infuse? You may as well buy a second amulet, one for fractals/agony and one for utility world pve/dungeons. There isn’t a reason to infuse an amulet with a utility infusion in it that I can see.

Because then I would have 35 AR (a good amount for fractals 30-39) while have the 20% gold find (for farming regular dungeons)…

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

rawr! I, too, would like an answer to this: will you ever be able to infuse amulets (and accessories!) with inherent +5 AR?
unfortunately (YES, UNFORTUNATELY), I added a utility infusion to my amulet before this question occurred to me. why this is something that we have to be concerned about is simply ridiculous.

Posted by: Nikon Justus.6902

Nikon Justus.6902

You wouldn’t think it would be too hard to pop in here and say

1. You will never be able to infuse these.
2. You will be able to infuse them in a future update.

Even if we can’t ever infuse them I would just be happy to have an answer!!!!
Even if we can’t infuse them for another 6 months I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!!

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

most likely they are still discussing it.
and yet that answer would still be preferable to nothing.
if you’re contemplating maybe, possibly, perhaps, potentially someday adding it into the game, we want to know!

Quick Mouse.7635

I guess we’ll have to wait for the April update.