Ascended Amulets, Cant Infuse?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AngryYoda.1345

AngryYoda.1345

So, just got my ascended amulet today, and rushed over to the MF with 5 vials, 3 globs and 1 shard only to be surprised that i cant infuse it.

Working as intended or ??

Attachments:

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

You must use a utility infusion in that slot.

If you wanted an offense or defense infusion you needed to get the proper amulet.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

AngryYoda.1345

i ment (Infused) not slotting in an infusion

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

So, just got my ascended amulet today, and rushed over to the MF with 5 vials, 3 globs and 1 shard only to be surprised that i cant infuse it.

Working as intended or ??

You need utility infusion…

that’ll take you 10 more days to buy…

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Do you have a utility infusion? Do you mean it isnt getting the (infused) thing when you slot the infusion, your post isnt clear.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Nocturnal.5023

Nocturnal.5023

He means he can’t infused the amulet like we can with rings. Infused means having the +5 agony resistance without using the slot.

youtube.com/hungryasuras

Posted by: noother.2190

noother.2190

It wouldn’t surprise me if the recipe to infuse it is completely different from what it takes to upgrade a ring.

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

WHen he wrote MF,he meant "Mystic forge " and not “Magic find”…That was logical.
I also acquired my amulet today and was very disapointed to see that it cannot be infused.
It isn’t in the list of the object that can be put in the mystic forge so it isn’t a question of recipe.
I hope that the next update will change this.

AngryYoda.1345

It wouldn’t surprise me if the recipe to infuse it is completely different from what it takes to upgrade a ring.

not possible, because at the Mystic Forge, the amulet is not even on the list of “possible” recipes

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

AngryYoda.1345

Do you have a utility infusion? Do you mean it isnt getting the (infused) thing when you slot the infusion, your post isnt clear.

Just so clarify with you, see the difference in the 2 pics ?

One is Red Ring of Death (Infused) and another is just a normal Red Ring of Death.
Im not refering to the simple infusion thats inside the ring at all.

Attachments:

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Might it be simply because you grabbed the Utility Infusion neck piece, instead of the Offensive or Defensive Infusion neck pieces?

Utility seems to be more for those who do not want to do fractals. Thus might not have an option to be Infused via the Mystic Forge.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Posted by: noother.2190

noother.2190

not possible, because at the Mystic Forge, the amulet is not even on the list of “possible” recipes

You didn’t mention that in your first post, so I was just assuming. Still, I highly doubt the recipe will be the same when they implement it.

AngryYoda.1345

You didn’t mention that in your first post, so I was just assuming. Still, I highly doubt the recipe will be the same when they implement it.

Does not show up at the MF at all =(

Attachments:

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

AngryYoda.1345

Might it be simply because you grabbed the Utility Infusion neck piece, instead of the Offensive or Defensive Infusion neck pieces?

Utility seems to be more for those who do not want to do fractals. Thus might not have an option to be Infused via the Mystic Forge.

Yeah i thought of that, seems like a possible reason, maybe someone who did get a off/def slot amulet can clear this up?

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

Yap cant infuse either and is not a diferent recipe because the amulet doesnt show on the mystic forge UI, as you can see on the image…

So how should i do lvl 40+ now?? -_-

And is NOT because of the utility i bought the offensive and dont work to.

Attachments:

(edited by lekyii.9856)

Posted by: Nocturnal.5023

Nocturnal.5023

Yap cant infuse either and is not a diferent recipe because the amulet doesnt show on the mystic forge UI, as you can see on the image…

So how should i do lvl 40+ now?? -_-

This is an offensive slot amulet and seems like he can’t as well.

youtube.com/hungryasuras

AngryYoda.1345

so back to the question, Working as intended or???

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

lekyii.9856

Ofc is not work as intended lol ill show you in a minute why

AngryYoda.1345

since triforge amulet can be Infused but they do not have the slot for an infusion so they basically only can have +5 AR max, i would assume that the other amulets would follow that same rule as to having +5 max only ?

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: SmokeyJeffM.5428

SmokeyJeffM.5428

Hi thanks for bringing these issues up to share with the rest. Will you try and put in a versatile infusion in the utility slot in your amulet. I was wondering if a versatile infusion will go in it for the ar. Thanksin advance.

AngryYoda.1345

Hi thanks for bringing these issues up to share with the rest. Will you try and put in a versatile infusion in the utility slot in your amulet. I was wondering if a versatile infusion will go in it for the ar. Thanksin advance.

Looks like you can

Attachments:

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

SmokeyJeffM.5428

Looks like you can

Oh that’s cool thanks for checking that out for me angry. Sorry for semi hijacking the thread. Was wondering about though. And again thanks for your help

(edited by SmokeyJeffM.5428)

lekyii.9856

Each new piece of AR gear is meant to allow you to progress to further fractal levels, which have increasingly better rewards compounding with higher scaling difficulty.

Theres the answer for the “work as intended”, unless it is supposed to do 40+ with 35ar

AngryYoda.1345

Each new piece of AR gear is meant to allow you to progress to further fractal levels, which have increasingly better rewards compounding with higher scaling difficulty.

Theres the answer for the “work as intended”, unless it is supposed to do 40+ with 35ar

i guess thats how they define “challanging” ?? haha i have no idea, hopefully we get a proper reply

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

SmokeyJeffM.5428

I also wonder if there will be recipes to make utility infusion upgrades to put in the utility
slots.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure they said the amulets can’t be infused from the start.

Honestly, they needed to add amulets to the fractal vendors that can be infused. Who cares if people had relics stockpiled. Hopefully they will address this oversight in the next update.

Posted by: Casiope.6810

Casiope.6810

I can’t upgrade my ascended amulet with offensive slot too. I will not add a new offensive infusion (+5AR, +5 precision) until a dev comment this.

Posted by: Teenwolf.9174

Teenwolf.9174

I can’t upgrade my ascended amulet with offensive slot too. I will not add a new offensive infusion (+5AR, +5 precision) until a dev comment this.

Does any one have insight in to this? If I get an amulet with an offensive slot can i get an AR/Prec infusion and put it in?

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

Does any one have insight in to this? If I get an amulet with an offensive slot can i get an AR/Prec infusion and put it in?

Yes, the necklaces take the old infusions of matching type perfectly fine.
That person was just saying he didn’t want to use his 5stat/5ar infusion, until he knew for sure if the ascended necks could be upgraded to infused quality (having innate +5ar) like how rings can be upgraded in the mystic forge with 5 vials, 3 globs, and 1 shard.

Posted by: Merse Deska.6795

Merse Deska.6795

The infused amulets are on gw2db but not released yet into the game. Hopefully they will be the 26th february.

Xplodelicious [YaK]
Gandara

Posted by: Khaine.9286

Khaine.9286

If im not mistaken, none of the ascended items from the laurel vendor was ever intended to have the ability to be infused with agony resistance (not even the rings), just the items you get from fractals.

AngryYoda.1345

i guess we can assume its working as intended see-ing as theres no news about it…

AngryYoda
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

If im not mistaken, none of the ascended items from the laurel vendor was ever intended to have the ability to be infused with agony resistance (not even the rings), just the items you get from fractals.

ehmm aint the rings for the laurel vendor the exact same rings you get from fractals?

Posted by: Niila Nuppunen.9875

Niila Nuppunen.9875

i guess we can assume its working as intended see-ing as theres no news about it…

Might not want to assume anything yet. GW2DB has them listed:

http://www.gw2db.com/items/trinkets/amulets

I think it’s more likely there is just no recipe yet for the infusion. I’d start worrying if the update on the 26th doesn’t have anything regarding to this.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

You can still get +5 AR by slotting in a simple versatile infusion to any of the slots or a corresponding offensive or defensive infusion. So the AR cap has still been raised. Just by +5 and not +10.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The infused versions are listed on gw2db.com so they are in the game. The recipes are just not active yet, obviously.

I wouldn’t put an expensive upgrade into those slots until after you infuse the amulet (if you ever plan on infusing it) because you will lose your upgrade.

Hopefully, with the next patch will come the recipes.

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

ehmm aint the rings for the laurel vendor the exact same rings you get from fractals?

They certainly look exactly the same. Never did understand where this idea came from that the rings were different.

Posted by: Keisuke.8546

Keisuke.8546

Is there no official word on this? I’m hesitating putting in my fine infusion. Last I checked, I still could not put my ascended amulet in the mystic forge.

Obstructed!! ~(°o°~)

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

It’s not just the amulets. The new rings with different stat combos that got introduced also cannot be put into the forge. I assume the earrings also cannot.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

It’s not just the amulets. The new rings with different stat combos that got introduced also cannot be put into the forge. I assume the earrings also cannot.

Ascended items are a huge mess. Badly done rushed out content. What else did you expect?